Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2013-14 Season Thread: The B1G Time

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    So how many home (non-exhibition) games do you get? Looks like 16 last year. And what are the price ranges?

Our tickets "stayed the same price", but we have two fewer home games (20 vs. 22) for the coming season.
    Actually, I don't know. 16 so far, but there are ideas of two more.

As for price, are you asking individual tickets? That's not clear, yet.

Comment

What about a Varsity Women's team at Michigan? Sorry to cross into the Men's thread, but there is an entire thread "more about expansion for women's hockey" on the D1 women's fan forum dedicated to finding new and appropriate venues for Women's hockey. Michigan is always a hot topic in that thread. Currently our state boasts the 3rd highest registration for women in the country with absolutely no D1 schools stepping up with a program. Consequently every year girls are left out of the equation for a D1 scholarship because the don't have a dad that played in the NHL or in college and knows someone who knows someone. This is not sour grapes either. My daughter will be playing D1 hockey; it's a done deal, but it's painful to watch all of the girls who deserve it and don't get it. Surely someone on here has some pull or knows a UoM alum or AD that might be able to get things cooking? It's time Michigan! It's your turn to step up! Go Blue!

Comment

Didn't MGoBlueHockey (I think I butchered that name) say varsity hockey was coming sometime soon for you guys? Despite the "Welcome back Fighting Illini varsity hockey!" thread and the assuredness that Babcock will be the next head coach, he said he's a donor to the women's club team so he does have an in.

As for MSU, I've heard that Mason didn't like having to share with club teams, let alone having to share with another varsity team. How true that is, I have no clue. Now I'd say it's just due to cost, because I'd like to think we would have added M/W lacrosse by now if we could.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by 2onice View Post
          What about a Varsity Women's team at Michigan? Sorry to cross into the Men's thread, but there is an entire thread "more about expansion for women's hockey" on the D1 women's fan forum dedicated to finding new and appropriate venues for Women's hockey. Michigan is always a hot topic in that thread. Currently our state boasts the 3rd highest registration for women in the country with absolutely no D1 schools stepping up with a program. Consequently every year girls are left out of the equation for a D1 scholarship because the don't have a dad that played in the NHL or in college and knows someone who knows someone. This is not sour grapes either. My daughter will be playing D1 hockey; it's a done deal, but it's painful to watch all of the girls who deserve it and don't get it. Surely someone on here has some pull or knows a UoM alum or AD that might be able to get things cooking? It's time Michigan! It's your turn to step up! Go Blue!
          Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Didn't MGoBlueHockey (I think I butchered that name) say varsity hockey was coming sometime soon for you guys? Despite the "Welcome back Fighting Illini varsity hockey!" thread and the assuredness that Babcock will be the next head coach, he said he's a donor to the women's club team so he does have an in.

As for MSU, I've heard that Mason didn't like having to share with club teams, let alone having to share with another varsity team. How true that is, I have no clue. Now I'd say it's just due to cost, because I'd like to think we would have added M/W lacrosse by now if we could.
          there has been talk about it for over a decade. Including an match between UM and MSU after the mens game.

dunno.

Maybe with PSU and OSU having teams, things will change.

Geez I don't really know what prevented it in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            If one Michigan B1G program adds Women's hockey, I would have to think this ups the ante a bit for MSU as the only one of 6 who doesn't have one. Mason's completely out of the picture now, naturally, the rink only hosts only one varsity program to date, and this would help MSU's Title IX profile. And the women's club team has been pretty successful so there's sort of a fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by 2onice View Post
              What about a Varsity Women's team at Michigan?
              Michigan is fine on Title IX numbers so there's no incentive to add a program that would lose money, and with only one sheet of ice on campus, they don't feel there's room for two varsity teams at Yost.

Totally agree that Michigan should have varsity women's hockey, but there just doesn't seem to be support behind it.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                To help the season ticket holder, they are offering 20% off concessions prior to face off. this is the e-mail I got for the "extras"

As for the non conference games, this is what has been posted over at rival, but there's at least one whole weekend to be added, at Yost:
                10/04/14 Ferris State (Away)
                10/09/14 Wilfrid Laurier University (Home)
                10/17/14 New Hampshire (Home)
                10/18/14 New Hampshire (Home)
                10/24/14 Umass Lowell (Away)
                10/25/14 Boston University (Away)
                10/31/14 Michigan Tech (Away)
                11/01/14 Michigan Tech (Away)
                11/28/14 Rensselaer Polytech Inst. (Home)
                11/29/14 Rensselaer Polytech Inst. (Home)

The person posting it is brand new to rivals, but a member who posts here once in a while is part of the thread.

And to feed you addiction, there are some interesting interviews that were on WTKA up on the MGOBLUE site- Copp, Nagelvoort, Red, and Billy were interviewed. That got me listening.
                Add @ Boston College 12/13 last game prior to Christmas break.

Also GLI: Michigan Tech and MSU/Ferris

Comment

Is Michigan forgoing white jerseys at home this year? Just maize and blue jerseys respectively?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Is Michigan forgoing white jerseys at home this year? Just maize and blue jerseys respectively?
                    Nothing has been said about that. They are still selling the white jersey with the Block M ICHIGAN across the front. Maize and blue piping on the bottom. Who knows what Barnum and Bailey circus designs they come up with next.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      Nothing has been said about that. They are still selling the white jersey with the Block M ICHIGAN across the front. Maize and blue piping on the bottom. Who knows what Barnum and Bailey circus designs they come up with next.
                      You'd assume they'd have a white home one. Crazy to me they have a new jersey almost every year. Need to make that money I guess.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        Yeah. I'm kinda...just leave it. In most cases, fans don't care...at maximum its a bit of a distraction. But as with a 100 other inane topics, its something to talk about

It does seem MI has some good players coming in. Werenski next year?
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

It does seem MI has some good players coming in. Werenski next year?
                          Zach Werenski is on the current roster, #13, and should be in the lineup come October 4th. Will be one of the youngest ever to play at Michigan but should be pretty good.
                          The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                            Zach Werenski is on the current roster, #13, and should be in the lineup come October 4th. Will be one of the youngest ever to play at Michigan but should be pretty good.
                            Werenski will be the youngest since Mike Cammalleri and Jason Botterill before him. There are a few other freshmen that should hold their own also. I'm cautiously optimistic that this team will be consistent for the whole season, not just the first half. Really young, though and probably not a big threat to Minnesota or some of the other conference powers like BC, Ferris, Lowell etc- teams they will play this season. Just not enough mix of age/maturity and talent. Maybe one more year away.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              We don't have a new thread yet, and I'm banning my self from starting one (not that it seems to really matter...)
                              You too?
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Congratulations Ann Arbor. You've still got Brady Hoke, but you won't be getting Mel Pearson. He just signed a 5 year extension at The Michigan Technological University.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X