Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-14 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    2 each, @UMD, @ND, @MICH, vs MSU...UMD is opening weekend, ND is the weekend before @NMU
    ND as in Notre Dame or North Dakota? I'd assume Notre Dame because I've already filled out North Dakota's schedule, but I might as well confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Non-conference games against conference opponents? Am I reading that correctly?
      Budgets are tight and teams are struggling to fill 14 OOC games, particularly with the Ivies limiting games. Maine is already $200,000 over budget for travel. Don't know the financials for the other schools, but Dennehy and Leaman have expressed concerns over the availability of opponents. Leaman has called for Hockey East (or at least HEA minus BC/BU/ND) to enter a scheduling agreement with one of the other conferences to guarantee everyone has enough games. I would like to see the old WCHA-Hockey East arrangement return but not sure if that's viable. However, I would expect to see OOC games against conference opponents for the next few seasons - probably involving the New England flagships (Maine, Vermont, UMA, UConn) playing a round-robin. Maine and New Hampshire might also play an OOC game each season, trading off between Manchester and Portland. Hockey East is going to regret going to 12 teams.

Comment

ND as in Notre Dame or North Dakota? I'd assume Notre Dame because I've already filled out North Dakota's schedule, but I might as well confirm.
        Notre Dame, still to be determined if its thur/fri, fri/sat, fri/sun
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Budgets are tight and teams are struggling to fill 14 OOC games, particularly with the Ivies limiting games. Maine is already $200,000 over budget for travel. Don't know the financials for the other schools, but Dennehy and Leaman have expressed concerns over the availability of opponents. Leaman has called for Hockey East (or at least HEA minus BC/BU/ND) to enter a scheduling agreement with one of the other conferences to guarantee everyone has enough games. I would like to see the old WCHA-Hockey East arrangement return but not sure if that's viable. However, I would expect to see OOC games against conference opponents for the next few seasons - probably involving the New England flagships (Maine, Vermont, UMA, UConn) playing a round-robin. Maine and New Hampshire might also play an OOC game each season, trading off between Manchester and Portland. Hockey East is going to regret going to 12 teams.
          Welcome to what we've been doing since you guys bailed in 84.

Comment

RIT's NC schedule

hosting Michigan once, hosting colgate once, hosting St. Lawrence twice, 2 @ Clarkson, 1 @ Penn State.

Army is @ Penn State on 10/11/13.

WCHA Conference schedule has been posted: http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1213/201303/mar7wcm.php

Edit - guess you knew all that, oops.
            Last edited by mar7967; 03-09-2013, 09:44 PM.
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Keep an eye out for a possible Yale/Harvard hockey game at MSG next season. The Cornell/ BU game at MSG is scheduled for November 30th, 2013, 8:00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
                Keep an eye out for a possible Yale/Harvard hockey game at MSG next season.
                I just drooled a little. That said...1) hope it's not a non-conference game 2) I know both schools have a lot of NYC alums but would this game actually sell out?
                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

The Three Rivers Classic is on Dec 27/28 and features BC, BG, RMU and PSU: http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...tsburgh-8-4-12

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Lots of added travel as the other Eastern conferences will not have additional OOC opportunity, even though hockey east does... That being said, I don't mind OOC games against conference opponents if there is a "unique" twist to them (like UNH/Maine at Manchester or Portland)

Comment

Originally posted by sideshowbob View Post
                      The Three Rivers Classic is on Dec 27/28 and features BC, BG, RMU and PSU: http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports...tsburgh-8-4-12
                      That site also mentions the NC games of Ohio State (H-H), Colgate home, and Union away.

Comment

Bemidji State's non-conf is:

At St. Cloud State
                        Home with Minnesota
                        Home with Miami
                        Home and home with North Dakota

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/schedule/2013-14/
                        Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM. Reason: Link to Schedule
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                          Bemidji State's non-conf is:

At St. Cloud State
                          Home with Minnesota
                          Home with Miami
                          Home and home with North Dakota

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/schedule/2013-14/
                          OK, you're in, and it looks solid.

OK, so it's also a bump.

Comment

Thanks to Tech Hockey Guide's WCHA Composite, Mich Tech has a full schedule now.

Comment

OK, you're in, and it looks solid.

OK, so it's also a bump.
                              BSU is going to have to come out of the gate ready to go. 10 straight weekends without a break means there aren't any off weeks to work on details or rest up any early season injuries.

It does mean that they will get some breaks during the stretch run after the holidays. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                BSU is going to have to come out of the gate ready to go. 10 straight weekends without a break means there aren't any off weeks to work on details or rest up any early season injuries.

It does mean that they will get some breaks during the stretch run after the holidays. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
                                I guess it will depend on how the team is doing at that point in time. Many teams have some injuries that I'm sure they'd like to rest, and is probably why the AHA, ECAC, and CCHA seem to like the bye (and eventually HEA).

Comment

Working...
                                X