Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State @ North Dakota 2/15 - 2/16

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Bluebeard...Bluebeard...kinda has a nice ring to it, don't it?
    Just don't dye it blond.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
      Just don't dye it blond.
      Very funny movie. Hadn't thought of it for years and just mentioned it a week ago to a friend who is a movie buff but had never heard of it. Now a few days later you're mentioning it. There are no coincidences.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        No, he CANNOT exhale. He needs to hold his breath until that black beard turns blue!

OK, I don't really want any harm to befall a fellow poster. But don't give up on 4th Place for the Buckeyes. The result of Sunday's game leaves the door the open.

First order of business, we must bring our A+ game against MSU. "We need to sweep the Mavericks" is easy to type but tough to accomplish. But it is doable. On the other side of the equation, UND is very much on the pairwise bubble and has a huge incentive to get every point they can this weekend. Of course UMD is a fine team and a split with UND would be a very plausible outcome. But under all of the circumstances, 4+ points for North Dakota would also be a plausible outcome.

Bottom line? Everyone should be allowed to breathe normally, but everyone should also be fully focused next weekend. The race for 4th is not over.
        I definitely haven't given up. I think the world of the kids and the coaching staff, I could never give up on them.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          At this point the key will be to use the series with MSU to find some way to recapture what the team was doing in the first half of the season and NOT worry about what happens elsewhere. OSU obviously needs to seriously elevate their level of play if they are to advance beyond the 1st round, whether that's played in Duluth or Columbus. At least that's my take on things! Good luck!
          I agree wholeheartedly with this. We need to find a way to come out hungry, like we have something to prove (actually we do have something to prove at this point, that we are not as bad as our second half record shows), like we were doing the first half of the season. I also agree with everyone who says where the series is played really won't matter since we swept UMD in Duluth and they swept us down here. I would selfishly prefer to have the series in Columbus so I could see the team in person one last time this season, but that is just me. Regardless of how things end up this season I really believe our program is moving in the right direction and cannot wait to see where we are in a couple seasons after Coach Nate has a couple more recruiting classes in here.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            ...I also agree with everyone who says where the series is played really won't matter since we swept UMD in Duluth and they swept us down here.
            Just for the record, my opinion is a little more complicated than that.

Up front, count me among those who believe that either team can win at either venue. But home ice matters. Pulling the road upset can be physically and emotionally draining. If you're hoping to make a good showing at the Final Face-Off, the best recipe is to hold serve at home, then hit the road fresh and ready for the next challenge.

I would selfishly prefer to have the series in Columbus so I could see the team in person one last time this season, but that is just me...
            Well, it's me too; and I bet we have lots of company.

Greed isn't always good. But in many cases it's rational and appropriate, and this is certainly one of them!

Comment

With the men at Miami that weekend, I would hope the university could do a little marketing and try to get a big crowd there. It would be great to see the OSU Ice Rink full for a womens playoff series!

Comment

Presumably those directly affected already know this, but the Ohio State/Minnesota State series has been shifted to the Ice Rink. Face-off time on Saturday is the same; but the Friday game will now be played in the evening, starting at the normal 7:07 time.

Friday's game now directly conflicts with a Men's Hockey game against Michigan. Obviously that's unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Presumably those directly affected already know this, but the Ohio State/Minnesota State series has been shifted to the Ice Rink. Face-off time on Saturday is the same; but the Friday game will now be played in the evening, starting at the normal 7:07 time.

Friday's game now directly conflicts with a Men's Hockey game against Michigan. Obviously that's unfortunate.
                  Mrs 86 and I were going to go to the mens game Friday but with the schedule change, we will miss it to be at the womens game. It is unfortunate when folks have to choose between the two like that. On the positive side, the atmosphere will be a lot better in the OSU Ice Rink. We had taken a half-day of vacation so we'll have to find something to do for a while.

Comment

Now that I am thinking about it, I have started a thread for this weekend's games, so I am going to copy and paste your message about the time/venue change in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X