Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Well, Harley, I love the rodents so much, I've got a hot tip for them. The stinking rodents can go back into their tunnels in Minneapolis, head SW, take a slight right turn at Albuquerque and keep going and going and going, until they get to a little Asian country and set up camp in a area where I heard the ground was really soft and loosely packed, as of earlier this week, really prime digging territory. They will just LOVE it! If they survive the radiation, the people are so starved there they will fight to the death for their little stinking glowing carcASSes to make a pot of urine tasting broth. Be sure and take the filthy little lady rodents with ya.

Perhaps a bit convoluted, but still... I like it.

As for tonight, I expect the Badgers to be beneficiaries of stellar goal tending while relentlessly dominating and dictating play. Results will be the best Badger performance of the year...In other words-- a 2-2 finish.

On Sunday... well, I choose to forgo all the cliche's surrounding this storied rivalry and focus on one indisputable fact: Badgers have never in the history of the organization ever, ever... never-ever, lost a Sunday afternoon game at Soldier Field. Bucky shocks those out of the know. 4-1 WI. Afterward this thread extends 13 pages with Gooph's crying about how the ref's didn't put Bucky on the pp enough.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I remember when I was a young lad of 16, sitting in my parents' kitchen eating cereal before going to school. I took the quiz on the back of the box of Lucky Charms, and when I was done, I suddenly had a major panic: Dammit! Did I just apply to the University of Minnesota?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Also: Grain Belt sucks.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Are they tag-teaming announcers again this weekend? Is the Wooger busy?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I remember when I was a young lad of 16, sitting in my parents' kitchen eating cereal before going to school. I took the quiz on the back of the box of Lucky Charms, and when I was done, I suddenly had a major panic: Dammit! Did I just apply to the University of Minnesota?
            I give them credit. It's a step up from the old "If you can, make a mark next to this 'X'" they employed for so long.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Better than Miller.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                Are they tag-teaming announcers again this weekend? Is the Wooger busy?
                Woog hasn't done color commentary for years. He does provide pre-game, post-game, and intermission analysis.

I'm also guessing FSN-Wisconsin will pick up the FSN broadcast, so you'll probably get the Gopher's announcers.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  Woog hasn't done color commentary for years. He does provide pre-game, post-game, and intermission analysis.

I'm also guessing FSN-Wisconsin will pick up the FSN broadcast, so you'll probably get the Gopher's announcers.
                  Yes, I'm aware Woog hasn't announced for years. I was suggesting that I would prefer he did, given my feelings on every other Gopher announcer since his departure. I actually really liked him, and thought he was very fair. Is LaPanta still doing PBP? (I CAN'T GOOGLE RIGHT NOW AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY)
                  Last edited by jen; 02-15-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Incedently, to answer your question: You're safe. I believe you still have to send in two box tops as well.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                      Yes, I'm aware Woog hasn't announced for years. I was suggesting that I would prefer he did, given my feelings on every other Gopher announcer since his departure. I actually really liked him, and thought he was very fair. Is LaPanta still doing PBP? (I CAN'T GOOGLE RIGHT NOW AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY)
                      I believe illness has prevented him from doing so. I'm sure you've noticed the deterioration in his speech. Very happy he is still part of the broadcasts though

Doug McLeod was actually the Gopher's first TV play-by-play guy, and is back after several stints broadcasting NHL games, most recently with the Coyotes. I like to joke that it was a trade for John Hill, who now does scouting for the Coyotes. To be honest, I really miss Wally and Frank. Best ever IMHO. They do radio now.

LaPanta is now the PBP guy for the Wild and is still as irritating as ever.
                      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Makes sense that a BADger fan would be 16 and too drunk before school to comprehend what they are doing. Unfortunately, that is usually as sober as they get on a typical day.
                        Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                        Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Posting about how much the state of Wisconsin and its inhabitants suck is redundant not to mention passé. I'd rather talk about hockey because quite frankly they bore the s**t out of me.

Well Sunshine, what about hockey would you like to discuss?

Comment

Alright, that's it. You and me, right now, cage match.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Alright, that's it. You and me, right now, cage match.
                              Bring it.

*****http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/2/6/15/anigif_enhanced-buzz-654-1360183663-10.gif******

But first I have to go to the urinal and make a deposit to Pig's Eye's brew kettles...

Comment

Woohoo!
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X