Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
    So um I need the Badgers to split or take 3 ok . . . on Wisconsin???
    A Gopher sweep would make the Mac race more interesting though, you want interesting right?
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Heard the jerseys will be similar to the old bumble bee jerseys the Gophers wore from 1936-1948, but with a "modern twist". Should be fun to see what they come up with.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Looks like Fox College Sports Central will have the Notre Dame-Miami game televised, followed by the Big Ten Network carrying the Minnesota-Wisconsin game.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
          Any word on if the Gophers will be wearing special jerseys?
          Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          Schmidt hinted about it on the radio Friday with Judd and Dubay when he was asked about. Sounds like the answer to that question is yes.

So excited for Friday. Making my first trip to Madison and then heading to Chicago after that! Gonna be a great weekend with an extra game thrown in there
          Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          Heard the jerseys will be similar to the old bumble bee jerseys the Gophers wore from 1936-1948, but with a "modern twist". Should be fun to see what they come up with.

Not to be a spoiler, but my sources got a photo of it. Guess they decided against the "bumble bee" for a more modern take...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Gopher-Hockey-Alternate-Jersey-Windy-City-Classic_zps9fb6a8c1.jpg******

Comment

Personally, I prefer the "Home" version, but since the Badgers are the home team, this version will sadly, not be worn. I'm told it will be available on a limited edition basis at the merchandising stands.

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/Gopher-Hockey-Alternate-Jersey-Windy-City-Classic-Home_zps04b45364.jpg******

Comment

Friday night at the Kohl Center; a basketball arena converted to accommodate hockey.

Sunday night at Soldier Field; a football field converted to accommodate hockey.

Add in a section of obstructed view seats, several thousand empty ones and the badgers will have as close to a home game as possible.
              Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                Friday night at the Kohl Center; a basketball arena converted to accommodate hockey.

Sunday night at Soldier Field; a football field converted to accommodate hockey.

Add in a section of obstructed view seats and the badgers will have as close to a home game as possible.
                I heard they played "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at the outdoor game in Omaha. There is your baseball reference
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  I heard they played "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" at the outdoor game in Omaha. There is your baseball reference
                  Thought about that but the Badgers don't do baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    So excited for Friday. Making my first trip to Madison and then heading to Chicago after that! Gonna be a great weekend with an extra game thrown in there
                    Hopefully there will be some actual cheering by non-student UW fans for once instead of sitting there and politely observing (WI fans are becoming too much like DU fans). If you try hard, the rodent fans may be able coordinate their cheering and drown out the non-student UW fans. But then the students will just drown you out, but give it a try anyway.

UW's seems to play to their opponent's level, so there is a hope for UW to maybe get a couple points this weekend. Rumpel's and Petersen's stellar play will need to continue.

The PP comparison will be frightening to the rodent fans who see the UW pp. They will never have seen such an awful display of the man advantage. I suggest to cover your eyes for the rest after you watch the first one, your eyes are going to bleed otherwise. Did you know paint thinner dissolves dried blood? Why am I being so helpful?
                    Last edited by Timothy A; 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Credit Tiggsy for a good neg rep he gave me for a post on this thread that, in hindsight, probably should not have been made. Good use of neg rep. Deleted the post.

Hockey? Badgers will take one of these games after some stellar goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        Credit Tiggsy for a good neg rep he gave me for a post on this thread that, in hindsight, probably should not have been made. Good use of neg rep. Deleted the post.

Hockey? Badgers will take one of these games after some stellar goaltending.
                        Respect for that. Thanks.

Whoa, weird saying that about a bucky fan but I'll go with it.

The outdoor game worries me a little. I expect the Gophers to take game 1 but there are too many wild cards to make game 2 unpredictable. Plus bucky has been through a couple of them. Don't know if that's an advantage but it may be something.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Not to be a spoiler, but my sources got a photo of it. Guess they decided against the "bumble bee" for a more modern take...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Gopher-Hockey-Alternate-Jersey-Windy-City-Classic_zps9fb6a8c1.jpg******
                          Nice work Gurt!

Though getting beat by the Gophers will be bad enough for you guys, getting beat by the Gophers while they are wearing those is worse.

Comment

OK now I want to know what kind of post is deemed in "bad taste" and has to be deleted on USCHO, must have been off the deep end.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              OK now I want to know what kind of post is deemed in "bad taste" and has to be deleted on USCHO, must have been off the deep end.
                              Burd deleted it himself. It wasn't that bad, but was in unintentional bad taste. Unintentional in it's harm towards the group that Gopher players were compared to.

Nothing further to see here. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Respect for that. Thanks.

Whoa, weird saying that about a bucky fan but I'll go with it.
                                I know he seems like a Bucky fan as he always hanging around us, wanting to be let in, but he's a Sioux fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X