Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Golf Season - Does it leave you scratching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Golf Season - Does it leave you scratching?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Actually...

That would be an interesting idea, but I've never been to a golf tourney and we visited Whistling Straits a couple of summers ago and it's beautiful.

I wanted to go to this event back then and now these fall into my lap.

Really looking forward to this.
    Enjoy it. My brother has a Golf Canada House ticket for Friday at the Canadian Open. I know he'll be enjoying that!
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Robert Allenby's tough year gets more bizarre.
      http://scoregolf.com/blog/jason-loga...canadian-open/
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        Put down a big WD on the scorecard for his second round.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
          I'm surprised there aren't spats between players and caddies, considering the egos some of these guys have, and the high stress situations when players are playing bad.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Silly game.
            Go 5 & 4 on the first two holes. Striping the ball right down the middle with best distance all year. All right!!!

Then I catch up to a threesome (kinky huh?) and the game goes South. Slice it Into the woods. 2 shots to get it out. Next shot is into the hazard. Wedge on & 2 putt. (8 /17)

Next hole. Pull it. Chip out. Nice easy 9 iron to hole. Top it into the hazard. Next shot is within 15' of hole. 3 putt. (8 / 25)

Par the next hole. (28) Within 55 yds of green after 2nd shot. Fly the green into the woods. (7 / 35)

Next hole has a hazard on left, trees on right. Pull it into the hazard. Tee again. Pull it a little bit but it hits a branch (only branch in the area) and into the hazard. Tee from the ladies tees which is close to the hazard. Stripe it to next to green. Chip on & 2 putt. (8 / 43)

Next hole 175 yd par 3 over a lake. Yep. Top it and dunk it. Retee. Put it within 15' of hole. 2 putt for 5. (48)

9th and last hole of the day. Hit the tee shot right down the middle 125 from hole. Nail the 8 iron to 15' above the hole. Roll the putt in for a birdie. (3/ 51. +17)

GREAT ROUND!!! Back out there on Monday!
            Last edited by joecct; 07-25-2015, 07:46 PM. Reason: Bad scorecard - guess I got DQ's eh?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Silly game.
              Go 5 & 4 on the first two holes. Striping the ball right down the middle with best distance all year. All right!!!

Then I catch up to a threesome (kinky huh?) and the game goes South. Slice it Into the woods. 2 shots to get it out. Next shot is into the hazard. Wedge on & 2 putt. (8 /17)

Next hole. Pull it. Chip out. Nice easy 9 iron to hole. Top it into the hazard. Next shot is within 15' of hole. 3 putt. (8 / 25)

Par the next hole. (28) Within 55 yds of green after 2nd shot. Fly the green into the woods. (7 / 35)

Next hole has a hazard on left, trees on right. Pull it into the hazard. Tee again. Pull it a little bit but it hits a branch (only branch in the area) and into the hazard. Tee from the ladies tees which is close to the hazard. Stripe it to next to green. Chip on & 2 putt. (8 / 43)

Next hole 175 yd par 3 over a lake. Yep. Top it and dunk it. Retee. Put it within 15' of hole. 2 putt for 5. (48)

9th and last hole of the day. Hit the tee shot right down the middle 125 from hole. Nail the 8 iron to 15' above the hole. Roll the putt in for a birdie. (3/ 51. +17)

GREAT ROUND!!! Back out there on Monday!
              "Silly Game" is a gross understatement!

I play to about a 15 handicap. Very bipolar golfer. This weekend typified my golfing more than ever. Shot a 75 on Friday (course rating is 70.0 with a slope rating of 113) and a 99 on Sunday (course rating is 69.8 with a slope rating of 133). Granted a tougher course but I couldn't do anything right on Sunday and could do no wrong on Friday. One can't get consistent playing <1/week but it's obvious the potential is there which in turn makes it all the more frustrating.
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

"Informed sources" say Eldrick Woods has parted with his swing coach Chris Como.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Dustin Johnson leads a major early. How will he fark this one up?
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Aussie Matt Jones will take a 2 shot lead over fellow Aussie Jason Day going into round 3 today of the PGA Championship. Be interesting to see how Jones handles the pressure.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Finau dude can't miss a putt. And here comes Spieth about to get his third birdie in a row. Tomorrow is shaping up to be a fantastic finish.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Here's Jordan
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So I went on Friday and I have to say it was amazing.

Beautiful course and surreal to be at one of these.

Camped out on 3 from noon till 3:00 and then did 17 after a quick lunch/dinner break. Both were par 3s which were fun coz we were at the green and could see their drives and then the close out of the hole.

Got to see Bubba, Tiger, Fowler, Rose, Johnson, Els, Daley (!!! although not his throw), Kuchar, etc, etc, etc...

As much as people seem to hate on Tiger these days (myself included - although I was NEVER a fan), there was a different buzz when he rolled through and I found myself cheering enthusiastically for him when he made birdie right in front of me. Then he went onto 4 and it all fell apart...

Same buzz with Daley. Even though many were quick with their under the breath taunts, everyone was pulling for him. Sweet pants btw!

I need to do this again and the US Open is right down the Interstate in Hartford next year. Count me in!!!
                          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 08-15-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah...

And had to run for our lives at the end coz of the storms. Was about 1000 yards to the car and sand was blowing in our eyes, beer cans and other stuff was blowing past us, lightning was hitting the ground and cars were trying to leave the lot. Saw an outhouse go over.

All this and the wife has a broken toe right now.

She told me to go on and she'd get there, but heroically, I stayed with her.

Then when I got in the car, the wind slammed the door shut on my ankle... OUCH!!!

And guess where the two cars (that we saw) were from who were cutting people off and being dooshy?

Starts with an I and ends with an S.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              So I went on Friday and I have to say it was amazing.

Beautiful course and surreal to be at one of these.

Camped out on 3 from noon till 3:00 and then did 17 after a quick lunch/dinner break. Both were par 3s which were fun coz we were at the green and could see their drives and then the close out of the hole.

Got to see Bubba, Tiger, Fowler, Rose, Johnson, Els, Daley (!!! although not his throw), Kuchar, etc, etc, etc...

As much as people seem to hate on Tiger these days (myself included - although I was NEVER a fan), there was a different buzz when he rolled through and I found myself cheering enthusiastically for him when he made birdie right in front of me. Then he went onto 4 and it all fell apart...

Same buzz with Daley. Even though many were quick with their under the breath taunts, everyone was pulling for him. Sweet pants btw!

I need to do this again and the US Open is right down the Interstate in Hartford next year. Count me in!!!
                              Hartford....what a crap town. (it's where bbdl got married)

I thought that was Erin Hills in 2017? Next year, too?
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Doh!

It is 2017.

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X