Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Defenseman/Goaltenders/and gritty players all go down after you see them for a few games/half the season or if lucky one full season,then its called Whitehead Hockey...you go from hopeful and should be a great addition to what ever happen come there Junior/Senior seasons....but then thats OLD NEW's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Defenseman/Goaltenders/and gritty players all go down after you see them for a few games/half the season or if lucky one full season,then its called Whitehead Hockey...you go from hopeful and should be a great addition to what ever happen come there Junior/Senior seasons....but then thats OLD NEW's.
      Is that why Joey Diamond stopped being a gritty player in his junior and senior years?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Prestin was a one man breakout. O'Neill got ruined by Timmay time
        This times 100.

I remember Prestin being a 1 man penalty kill and a 1 man intimidation machine. I don't remember him lugging the puck, but like KIA said, they were often getting rid of it more quickly not trying to go end to end. Don't remember much of Prestin on the PP like those other 2 guys, and Tyler.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          Don't remember much of Prestin on the PP like those other 2 guys, and Tyler.
          I remember Prestin on ONE PP in particular, and if you don't it is because you blocked it out.

right after Matt Carle caught and threw a puck

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
            Is that why Joey Diamond stopped being a gritty player in his junior and senior years?
            No...but you have to say there are alot of players that came in and you really felt good about them...to progress from Yr.1 to their 3rd and 4th seasons,only to see them stiffled,stopped from playing their game or change postions or just wonder what their roles are on the team from game to game,some of them mind you...but overall you didn't see the best or how they improved under TW.(imo).

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              This times 100.

I remember Prestin being a 1 man penalty kill and a 1 man intimidation machine. I don't remember him lugging the puck, but like KIA said, they were often getting rid of it more quickly not trying to go end to end. Don't remember much of Prestin on the PP like those other 2 guys, and Tyler.
              Prestin was Mr. Puck Lugger...from the end boards to the offensive blue line. Piece of cake for him. Dump in the puck then nail someone, then give him a two handed slash or cross check for good measure, then skate off to the penalty box
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                Prestin was Mr. Puck Lugger...from the end boards to the offensive blue line. Piece of cake for him. Dump in the puck then nail someone, then give him a two handed slash or cross check for good measure, then skate off to the penalty box
                he was also a borderline obscene (iirc) +34 in his senior season....

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  I remember Prestin on ONE PP in particular, and if you don't it is because you blocked it out.

right after Matt Carle caught and threw a puck
                  ...Jon Jankus...

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I started contacting recruits on whether they are still committed to the school after the Whitehead firing. So far I've heard back from Ryan Cloonan, Tyler Gjurich, and Eric Schuhamer who are all still committed to the team.

Cloonan will play with Waterloo (USHL) next season
                    USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
                      I started contacting recruits on whether they are still committed to the school after the Whitehead firing. So far I've heard back from Ryan Cloonan, Tyler Gjurich, and Eric Schuhamer who are all still committed to the team.

You're not serious! Are You? Unless you are connected with the athletic department, more likely a part of the coaching staff, you should not have any contact with these kids prior to their arrival in September. Even the coaches have restrictions concerning their contact with committed athletes. Ask the folks at NU about that.

Pandora's Box makes the penalty box look like a day at the beach. You really don't want to open it.

Comment

For what its worth, at his presser TW said he didn't think any of the recruits would back out and if any had doubts he would personally call them and encourage them to stay committed to Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                          You're not serious! Are You? Unless you are connected with the athletic department, more likely a part of the coaching staff, you should not have any contact with these kids prior to their arrival in September. Even the coaches have restrictions concerning their contact with committed athletes. Ask the folks at NU about that.

Pandora's Box makes the penalty box look like a day at the beach. You really don't want to open it.
                          He's a member of the media and quite within his right to contact them.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post

Right now none of these kids are under UMaine control. I have relationships with most of these players when they committed to the school. I don't have to go through no one and if a player doesn't respond to me or doesn't want information to go public I respect their decision.

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            For what its worth, at his presser TW said he didn't think any of the recruits would back out and if any had doubts he would personally call them and encourage them to stay committed to Maine.
                            I saw the press conference, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't contact them myself. I believe Whitehead in what he said today, but I am trying to confirm in what he said.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            He's a member of the media and quite within his right to contact them.
                            Thank you

------------------------------------

Zach Glienke has said hes still committed to Maine but won't sign his National Letter of Intent until a new coach is named.

Blaine Byron says he's anxious to see who's the new coach is.
                            USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

I saw thess conference, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't contact them myself. I believe Whitehead in what he said today, but I am trying to confirm in what he said.
                              And it's appreciated. It certainly isn't something Larry would do...it might require him to learn how to use a phone.

Comment

USHL Honors - Week 28

http://t.co/sbf4eRp95Q

2 Future Black Bears (Daniel Renouf (D) & Sean Romeo (G)) get Player of the Week Honors in USHL

Comment

Working...
                                X