Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Article about the three Phantoms heading to Maine.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Stats are updated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...fMENYenc#gid=0

Sean Romeo won goalie of the week once again the USHL.

With Nick Roberto's prep season over he will not be joining the Sioux City Muskateers of the USHL for the remainder the season. He's still deciding on the USHL or the EJHL for next season.

Brady Campbell's season is over as his team was bounced out of the playoffs.
      Last edited by Sportsmaniac; 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM.
      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...fMENYenc#gid=0

Ryan Cloonan is back in action as he suited up in the Jr. Bruins two playoff games and taking part in the Beantown Classic this week.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

With 2 d-men coming in as recruits(Renouf-Schurhamer)...and the dropping of Sam Wolfe(shop-lifting a couple months ago)...could Maine be looking for one more d-man to go into next seasons mix...(current roster:O'Conner-Rutt-Hutton-Williams-Riley...they have Norman listed as a d-man,but wouldn't he be better off as a forward..?) Any thoughts..?

Comment

Seems to me that 8 d-men with a couple that can also help out up front is plenty. Don't need a roster filler. but could always use another stud, however they're all taken this late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              With 2 d-men coming in as recruits(Renouf-Schurhamer)...and the dropping of Sam Wolfe(shop-lifting a couple months ago)...could Maine be looking for one more d-man to go into next seasons mix...(current roster:O'Conner-Rutt-Hutton-Williams-Riley...they have Norman listed as a d-man,but wouldn't he be better off as a forward..?) Any thoughts..?
              Could use a right handed d-man as they will have 7 lefties and one righty. Imagine it would be a recruited walk-on. How 'bout late blooming 20 year old who is 6'3"?

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                Could use a right handed d-man as they will have 7 lefties and one righty. Imagine it would be a recruited walk-on. How 'bout late blooming 20 year old who is 6'3"?
                As long as he's also a puck-lugging d-man who can go from one end to another....!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  As long as he's also a puck-lugging d-man who can go from one end to another....!
                  who was the last?
                  Prestin Ryan?

Mangene when he played D?

Comment

I'm sure that Maine is at the top of many lists right now with the cloud hanging over this program. Everyone must be lining up to sign with Maine considering that the current coach is only signed through next season. Come Abbott........man up and sign Coach Whitehead to a new 3 year extension!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                      who was the last?
                      Prestin Ryan?

What about Bret Tyler?

I would be surprised if Maine got another dman for next year. I think Timmy is investing a lot of the scholarship money up front.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I highly doubt they are bringing another recruit in at this stage of the game.

Both Tyler Gjurich and Blaine Byron season is over. Josh Henke and the New Jersey Hitmen won the EJHL Championship. Just the players playing in the USHL are currently playing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...fMENYenc#gid=0

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                          who was the last?
                          Prestin Ryan?

I would say that Ryan was the LAST TRUE puck-lugging d-man for Maine.

Comment

Will O'Neill didn't lug the puck? Dimmen? Those guys were pretty good in the offensive zone--certainly better than Prestin though he was far superior physically and defensively---I don't know if that qualifies as lugging.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Will O'Neill didn't lug the puck? Dimmen? Those guys were pretty good in the offensive zone--certainly better than Prestin though he was far superior physically and defensively---I don't know if that qualifies as lugging.
                              My memory was that Prestin would carry the puck out, get it to someone over the red line and nobody in the arena was worried that there would be a turnover in the neutral zone. Not so with Dimmen and O'Neill. Maybe it was because of who Prestin had skating through the neutral zone ahead of him and that opponents could key more on Dimmen and O'Neill and the pressure on them made them look less talented than Prestin?

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                Prestin was a one man breakout. O'Neill got ruined by Timmay time
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X