Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
    Wow KU has been doing really well. I wonder if their coach would be interested in college hockey.
    Ah no thanks. Timmay has discovered his niche
    sure why not

Comment

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Any UPDATE's on Justin Rai? Heard Rai had a concussion during the season and was shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Any UPDATE's on Justin Rai? Heard Rai had a concussion during the season and was shut down.
        Has he signed a Letter of Intent? If not......we might never see him in Orono. Maine hasn't had very good luck with players that have concussion issues. I was thinking that the commitment of Gibson might be a replacement for Rai.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          Has he signed a Letter of Intent? If not......we might never see him in Orono. Maine hasn't had very good luck with players that have concussion issues. I was thinking that the commitment of Gibson might be a replacement for Rai.
          Larry mentioned him in his article a week ago as being an impact recruit so I would assume the plan is for him to give it a shot. Hopefully it works out but I'm not overly optimistic.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Larry mentioned him in his article a week ago as being an impact recruit so I would assume the plan is for him to give it a shot. Hopefully it works out but I'm not overly optimistic.
            Same here. He hasn't played since November. That would be almost a year out of hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              He isn't playing hockey from an article I saw a few weeks ago
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time that Rai has had concussion issues.......

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/s...-rai-1.1027395

And he did sign a Letter of Intent last November so Maine is on the hook for a full scholarship for the next 4 years whether he plays or not.

Comment

Kelen Corkum.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                    Kelen Corkum.....
                    Yup.

Comment

Athletic scholarships are for 1 year only. LOI are binding for the student only. Schools can pull scholarships at any time for any reason. Most schools would honor a player's scholarship if he was injured in team related activities or games, but for a concussion in Canadian Jr A, Maine wouldn't be on the hook for anything.
                      Nick Papagiorgio: I was originally going to bring the family to the (Easter egg hunt) in UNH's trophy case but it was canceled as there was nothing to hide the eggs behind and it would have been too easy for the kids... (with special thanks to BLACKOUT)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Pat Shea had his 2nd hat trick of the season as KU won the Lakes Region Tournament for the 2nd straight year. Kimball Union advanced to the Elite 8 New England Prep School Championship and as a #8 seed defeated #1 seed Exeter. KU is now in the semi-final against Salisbury.
                        IIRC the KUA tender is from Houlton....

Comment

Saw on twitter, Minnesota Magicians (NAHL) defenseman, Sam Becker has committed to Maine. Played HS at Hill-Murray in Minny.

8-38-46 in 53 games.... despite all those points, he's a -2 on the year.... 6', 175#.... 26 PIMs

Team is 4th in their division with a record of 20-34-4

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/min...40/news_291031
                          Last edited by gscott13; 03-22-2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Any chance Maine would like at Brian Billett for next year? He hasn't played in any games for BC this year so I'm assuming he would still have a year of eligibility left.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                              IIRC the KUA tender is from Houlton....

You would be correct. Payton Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Any chance Maine would like at Brian Billett for next year? He hasn't played in any games for BC this year so I'm assuming he would still have a year of eligibility left.
                                acs will love this!
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X