Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
    From Nathan Fournier, Maine Hockey Journal, via the Bangor Daily News:

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2015/0...s-hockey-team/

Apparently, Red is willing to make exceptions to his "big body" recruiting plan.
    Perhaps he realizes that it will take more than big players pounding the opposition into submission.

Comment

Apparently, Red is willing to make exceptions to his "big body" recruiting plan.
      Anyone taking odds that this is a ploy to get his QMJHL rights traded by Rimouski?

Comment

Glad to see the name "Maine hockey" means something to the kid. Those are the types of guys we need

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
          Anyone taking odds that this is a ploy to get his QMJHL rights traded by Rimouski?
          Seems that every 15 yr old maine has had verbal has used us, why not him
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

If the kid has two teammates coming maybe its the fruit of a nice little pipeline

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              If the kid has two teammates coming maybe its the fruit of a nice little pipeline
              Let's hope, all 3 sound pretty good
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                The article suggests this kid at least hasn't even visited Orono. That doesn't sound positive for a firm commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  The article suggests this kid at least hasn't even visited Orono. That doesn't sound positive for a firm commitment.
                  And it never ceases to amaze me that kids that age refer to Maine as a perennial power. That hasn't been the case since they were in diapers.

... Still, the recruiting seems to be improving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    And it never ceases to amaze me that kids that age refer to Maine as a perennial power. That hasn't been the case since they were in diapers.

... Still, the recruiting seems to be improving.
                    Maine was one of the top programs for 20 years. I think you and some others have gone a little overboard with the pessimism and negativity. Imagine being a Wisconsin fan, and they didn't even switch coaches.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Maine was one of the top programs for 20 years. I think you and some others have gone a little overboard with the pessimism and negativity. Imagine being a Wisconsin fan, and they didn't even switch coaches.
                      This is true. Maine was a top program just 3 years ago. They competed for the HE championship and played in a NCAA regional game at Worcester. If they had the services of Darling they possibly would have been in the Frozen Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Wisconsin has a broken model, which BC needs to be careful to not replicate

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          This is true. Maine was a top program just 3 years ago. They competed for the HE championship and played in a NCAA regional game at Worcester. If they had the services of Darling they possibly would have been in the Frozen Four.
                          The key word in my post was "perennial"... We old fahts were spoiled for life by the Walsh era.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            The key word in my post was "perennial"... We old fahts were spoiled for life by the Walsh era.
                            You got that right...we were all spoiled back then...now after the Whitehead ERA and into Gendrons...we are all feeling the pains that go with rebuilds/retooling/etc. --- PAINFUL is a under-statement to say the least...all we can do now a days is hope/wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Wisconsin has a broken model, which BC needs to be careful to not replicate
                              What do you think the Badgers are doing wrong that's resulted in the recent disaster? I haven't paid close enough attention to have a clue, but was fairly shocked by last season's W/L.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                What do you think the Badgers are doing wrong that's resulted in the recent disaster? I haven't paid close enough attention to have a clue, but was fairly shocked by last season's W/L.
                                I think he is referring to the verbal commitments that BC has received. A few of them have not honored the commitment. These are very good players that probably would only stay 1 year or 2 before signing an entry level or higher contract with a NHL team. I should let him speak for himself, but I think he is implying that both Wisconsin and BC should be recruiting players that have development potential and will stay longer than a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X