Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Could very well happen...maybe...but don't you think he's coming in a year too soon? I mean look at the Roster to date...if I figured right they have 11 returning forwards and that's counting that Pecararo stays and that Tegeler is still on the team and shifting both Hayes & Norman to defense...and 4 incoming forward recruits...not much room or playing time for all. Makes for interesting summer speculation...I guess.?
    If someone is a fourth round OHL pick they must have some talent. I'm happy he is coming in. I think his stats from last year are probably a little deceiving. If his coach had him on one of the top two lines he undoubtedly would have had more points.

I don't understand Norman or Tegeler coming back and I'm not really sure about Cochrane or Muhlenbauer coming in either. I guess time will tell. As far as goalies it sounds like the new kid isn't going to take any money next year so that explains that.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Could very well happen...maybe...but don't you think he's coming in a year too soon? I mean look at the Roster to date...if I figured right they have 11 returning forwards and that's counting that Pecararo stays and that Tegeler is still on the team and shifting both Hayes & Norman to defense...and 4 incoming forward recruits...not much room or playing time for all. Makes for interesting summer speculation...I guess.?
      tegeler will have to compete for time, same as Norman. This kid may be coming in this year as Pecararo decided to leave? Who knows? I don't but I assume Red does. I'm not going to worry about the playing time of guys who couldn't help an awful team last year.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        tegeler will have to compete for time, same as Norman. This kid may be coming in this year as Pecararo decided to leave? Who knows? I don't but I assume Red does. I'm not going to worry about the playing time of guys who couldn't help an awful team last year.

According to Nathan Fournier, Pearson is hoping to have enough online credits to allow him to enroll at Maine this fall.

Comment

Was just saying that there are way too many players on this Roster,and oh "YES" on less playing time for Tegeler/Norman...not going to help this team progress...and I hope that Pecararo does come back...thinking he may have learned a lesson in the Stands the last part of the season...some do and then some don't...my take though is Pearson could help(maybe)...but if all he does is practice and see little to no time then you have wasted a full season...again time will tell and I ONLY hope for the better...as this TEAM has no where to go but up and improvement in all areas; goaltending,defense and having a few step forward and put up some goal scoring.

Comment

my take though is Pearson could help(maybe)...but if all he does is practice and see little to no time then you have wasted a full season
            A kid like that with many other options is not going to go to Maine for a year to sit on his butt in the stands.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              A kid like that with many other options is not going to go to Maine for a year to sit on his butt in the stands.
              Exactly right, that kid is coming to play and I'll bet the staff thinks he can or he wouldn't be coming. its not like Maine has an abundance of star forwards.

Comment

Exactly right, that kid is coming to play and I'll bet the staff thinks he can or he wouldn't be coming. its not like Maine has an abundance of star forwards.
                Good...I hope your RIGHT on.

Comment

Better to come a year early than a year late like Teddy Purcell, these guys aren't staying for 4 most of the time so, better to have 3 with the first one just OK than end up with only one great one.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I think that will be a good thing. The last few years TIMMAY was here, and the first two years under Red, you had guys clearly underperforming, sometimes appearing not to even give a crap, and there was nothing to do but keep them in the lineup because there was no one any better to take their spot. No way to light a fire under somebody by sitting him, and the players knew it.

A little competition for ice time can't hurt these guys. Can only make them better.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Pretty sure Guite is doing a lot of the recruiting. If so, hats off to him. Building a team to replicate Jeff Jacksons LSSU wagons of the early 90's
                      Will be interesting to watch their D in 2 or 3 years pounding BC's small forwards

Comment

Pearson, who is from Georgia, knew Jay Leach through the AAA Thunder.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
                          Pearson, who is from Georgia, knew Jay Leach through the AAA Thunder.
                          That's Jays recruit, just like Malcolm Hayes

Comment

I said it before, I don't understand any of you that even have Tegeler in the conversation. He was a Senior, we assume that he has now graduated, but has 1 year of eligibility left. He played 6 games, 0 goals, 1 assist. Red is not going to pay for a 5th line transfer who will be a grad student if anything.

As of last week, Pecararo's return was still undecided.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              ...I don't understand Norman or Tegeler coming back and I'm not really sure about Cochrane or Muhlenbauer coming in either. I
                              Fully agree on Norman. He ain't part of the go-forward plan. Played 11 games in '14-15. 0 goals, 2 assists, small defenseman. It's pretty clear that Red's build-out has larger defensemen, save for Schurhammer.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                Fully agree on Norman. He ain't part of the go-forward plan. Played 11 games in '14-15. 0 goals, 2 assists, small defenseman. It's pretty clear that Red's build-out has larger defensemen, save for Schurhammer.
                                Norman looked as good as he has in a Maine uni late last season. He stepped in and played pretty well. But I agree he isn't in Reds plans

Comment

Working...
                                X