X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #161: Needs More Wub

I want multiple choice. Silly pole.

Morning Lodge. It was warmer here yesterday. How warm? Warm enough for my car to start in the afternoon! Now the question is, do I trust it enough to drive to Kalamazoo tomorrow? My other option is to let my friend drive us to the hockey game, but I do not trust his driving, especially since it is supposed to snow.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      I want multiple choice. Stupid pole maker.

Morning Lodge. It was warmer here yesterday. How warm? Warm enough for my car to start in the afternoon! Now the question is, do I trust it enough to drive to Kalamazoo tomorrow? My other option is to let my friend drive us to the hockey game, but I do not trust his driving, especially since it is supposed to snow.
      FYP.

You drive his car, problems solved!

Comment

Only one choice?! This pole sucks.

Comment

Morning, El Lodge-O.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Where is "I'm colorblind" as a choice?
          I bet your pie charts are amazing.

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          The thermometer on the sunporch gave up and just says "LO"
          Oh snap! (As the kids say.) That's pretty hilarious. It's like from a Bugs Bunny cartoon or something. (The thermometer just gives up and starts waving a white flag, etc.)

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          You drive his car, problems solved!
          This should go on a mug or something.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Morning, Lodge.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Drive by...
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

S'upp y'all
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge. -6 here, high is forecast of 10 with ~-10 wind chill. For the high.

My cousin's son posted on Facebook yesterday "It is so cold!" I replied, "your low is higher than our high, wimps."
                  All over social media I see people whining and complaining about the cold...It's Minnesota, in January...this is normal. People understand that this is how winter is here, so if they're going to complain, why choose to live here?

My Community Leadership class is weird. Now weird isn't necessarily a bad thing, but today we had a local coffee shop owner come in and talk with us about how she obtained the shop, how proud she is that they accept everyone, and how she is openly gay and proud. That's all fine and dandy, but how does this apply to community leadership? We have a paper due next week, where we have to visit two coffee shops and note the interactions of people, compare them, etc. One shop must be a franchise, one a local shop.

One more class at noon and it's my weekend. (Although tomorrow will be a day where I get a good 4-6 hours of reading and studying in.)
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

What the ****?
                    This pole is a great argument in favor of human extermination programs.

My coworker and I are getting pretty frustrated. We only work on gaseous fuels (can't get into details, proprietary ****), and we're **** good at it. It takes up all of our time, because we are the only 2 people that know how to do what we do in the group, and there are only about 2 other people in the whole company that do this work. We got an award last week for all of the work we do with gaseous fuels, which some of it is pretty groundbreaking alternative fuel work. Now, this week, our manager tells us that his boss has told him that one of us needs to take 3 months away from our regular work, and switch to doing development work for diesel engines. Which is because their people don't want to travel to Minnesota in the winter. My manager, my coworker and I are all pushing back on this. This isn't even remotely close to our job descriptions, and it is going to absolutely destroy our current work, which is directly involved with end-customers. There is no way one person can support all of our work. But I have no doubt that we're still going to have this forced upon us, and then we'll probably get pounded by customers because we aren't able to deliver on our normal work. At this point if we have to do it, we're going to split the new work, and give it a lower priority than our current work.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      All over social media I see people whining and complaining about the cold...It's Minnesota, in January...this is normal. People understand that this is how winter is here, so if they're going to complain, why choose to live here?

My Community Leadership class is weird. Now weird isn't necessarily a bad thing, but today we had a local coffee shop owner come in and talk with us about how she obtained the shop, how proud she is that they accept everyone, and how she is openly gay and proud. That's all fine and dandy, but how does this apply to community leadership? We have a paper due next week, where we have to visit two coffee shops and note the interactions of people, compare them, etc. One shop must be a franchise, one a local shop.

One more class at noon and it's my weekend. (Although tomorrow will be a day where I get a good 4-6 hours of reading and studying in.)
                      Can you go to B-dubs and a local bar and judge the differences there? Eff this coffee shop BS.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Can you go to B-dubs and a local bar and judge the differences there? Eff this coffee shop BS.
                        You're telling me. I'm not a coffee guy, either, so that makes it even worse.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Anybody want to go to the Gophers-Land Cows game with me tomorrow night? My expected guest fell through and Jr has a practice. Others I've asked are busy on a Friday night.

Comment

Anybody want to go to the Gophers-Land Cows game with me tomorrow night? My expected guest fell through and Jr has a practice. Others I've asked are busy on a Friday night.
                            I would, but I have a dinner date planned with Painted Bandit's lovely sister.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

What you're telling us is that you have no real friends?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I would, but I have a dinner date planned with Painted Bandit's lovely sister.
                              Maybe PB's sister wants to go to the game?
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                What you're telling us is that you have no real friends?

Maybe PB's sister wants to go to the game?
                                Duh.

Could be...

Comment

Working...
                                X