• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #161: Needs More Wub

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Is there anything Amazon doesn't sell?
    A life. I looked.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Evidently the Minnesota v. Mankato thread got a little nutty.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        I found something online today that could be problematic...or amazing. My parents moved from MD to TX last year, which means my suppliers of Utz chips are no more. Without fail for my birthday, and every trip they made to MI, my parents would bring me Utz chips. It is the brand of potato chip I grew up on, and therefore is greater than all other chips.

Anyway, I'm looking for something Baltimore/Maryland/Ravens themed to bring to a Super Bowl party (Utz is in PA, but only 25 miles from where I grew up so I count it). So I'm looking to see how far Utz is distributed, and find their online store. They have a chip of the month club. At $200, I'm not interested. But tins and gift boxes of Utz chips for $10, heck yeah. And a make your own assortment of snack sized bags. Oh no, I may end up spending $200 a year anyway.
        Utz... the scourge of the mid-atlantic (no, I'm not kidding)
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Evidently the Minnesota v. Mankato thread got a little nutty.
          A lot of nutty. Can't believe that guy was a reader here haha.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

So the thread is gone?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Just had acupuncture done, interesting, fell asleep in the chair after needles were placed. I guess it was quite relaxing
              I've had it done twice, both times by the same guy. I messed up my ankle while playing hockey, and a friend suggested it, saying that it worked well for him when he'd done the same. From my experience, I liken it to a giant ibuprofen. I had very little pain for the next few hours, but the sensation wore off entirely after that and everything was back to how it was prior to the appointment.

The second time I was there, the guy said that I'd be sitting for a half-hour, and that I could get a quick nap if I'd wanted. I told him that I wasn't tired, but that was fine. He walked over to me, told me that he could make me fall asleep if I wanted to let him put a few more needles in me. I let him, a few were inserted across my brow and temples. Within maybe fifteen seconds of the last one being inserted, I woke up a half-hour later. Weird. Very weird.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I can't remember what this means. I've got a rep for a thread that is now listed as "N/A" because it is no longer around. Does that mean Board nuked it? Because if the dolt that started it nuked it, doesn't that take all associated rep with it, too?
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  Anyway, I'm looking for something Baltimore/Maryland/Ravens themed to bring to a Super Bowl party (Utz is in PA, but only 25 miles from where I grew up so I count it)....
                  bring one of dl's guns and shoot someone
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                    I can't remember what this means. I've got a rep for a thread that is now listed as "N/A" because it is no longer around. Does that mean Board nuked it? Because if the dolt that started it nuked it, doesn't that take all associated rep with it, too?
                    I don't think I ever knew the answer to that Waiting for RFAlph to pop up and answer.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      I don't think I ever knew the answer to that Waiting for RFAlph to pop up and answer.
                      IIRC, Board nuked it, not the creator.

Got jury duty notice today. 2 weeks, but it starts in early March, and ends RIGHT before the F5. Naturally, I put in a request for postponement, just in case it runs longer than 2 weeks. Don't * around with my F5! (put in a request for it to start the week before Memorial Day; one less day to worry about!)

I hope I get booted right away.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Got jury duty notice today. 2 weeks, but it starts in early March, and ends RIGHT before the F5. Naturally, I put in a request for postponement, just in case it runs longer than 2 weeks. Don't * around with my F5! (put in a request for it to start the week before Memorial Day; one less day to worry about!)

The people I know that have had to do it for Hennepin County have had to attend a full Monday the first week, and then one or two more days after that.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          The people I know that have had to do it for Hennepin County have had to attend a full Monday the first week, and then one or two more days after that.
                          Some co-workers have had jury duty in the past couple of years, and it's been about 50/50 for the full two weeks. Either way, I plan on dressing nice.....with my Mafia book in hand to pass the time. I really hope I'm dismissed. Thank Parise I have a lot of PTO time to burn, otherwise I'd be going ballistic. Hennepin County pays a whole 10 bucks a day for pay, and 27 cents/mile. Yeah, THAT won't cause a hardship if this goes 2 weeks/longer. (edit: since employers are not required to pay employees their full wage during this time)
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I have it myself in a week. I kinda want to serve just for the experience (federal employees get paid their full salary,) but I don't want to end up on like a two month Casey Anthony shiatshow trial or something. (Actually for very practical reasons, my boss at work is leaving for another job in a month and I will likely be taking over a lot of his duties, or perhaps even the position itself if I'm extraordinarily lucky.) I don't want to get sequestered either. Bad, bad things happen when you take away Twitch's Internet. I'll be bouncing off the walls of the hotel by night one.
                            Last edited by Twitch Boy; 01-28-2013, 11:33 PM.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              I have it myself in a week. I kinda want to serve just for the experience (federal employees get paid their full salary,) but I don't want to end up on like a two month Casey Anthony shiatshow trial or something. (Actually for very practical reasons, my boss at work is leaving for another job in a month and I will likely be taking over a lot of his duties, or perhaps even the position itself if I'm extraordinarily lucky.) I don't want to get sequestered either. Bad, bad things happen when you take away Twitch's Internet. I'll be bouncing off the walls of the hotel by night one.
                              Yeah, the interewebs thing, too. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind the duty itself, but timing is (mostly) everything. Honestly, though, would you want ME judging you?

Comment

*tap* *tap*

this thing on?
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X