Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 1/25 - 1/26

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    I'll be there as well.
    Enjoy your visit!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Enjoy your visit!
      I grew up in Ann Arbor. I'm not sure you'd really appreciate what I'd consider an enjoyable visit to Columbus.

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore View Post
        i grew up in ann arbor. I'm not sure you'd really appreciate what i'd consider an enjoyable visit to columbus.
        Haha!
        Last edited by osualum86; 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I grew up in Ann Arbor. I'm not sure you'd really appreciate what I'd consider an enjoyable visit to Columbus.
          You left waaay to much to the imagination. In my mind's eye, I now have you committing all kinds of unspeakable criminal offenses. I'm sure the truth is a little tamer.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            You left waaay to much to the imagination. In my mind's eye, I now have you committing all kinds of unspeakable criminal offenses. I'm sure the truth is a little tamer.
            I just have enough self-restraint to understand that I'll never have a truly enjoyable trip to Columbus. A couple of Gopher wins would be nice, though.

Comment

I just have enough self-restraint to understand that I'll never have a truly enjoyable trip to Columbus. A couple of Gopher wins would be nice, though.
              Well, if you come to town determined to have a bad time, of course you will. I suppose that's in line with your cranky screen name. But with just a little advance planning, there's a good time to be had in any college hockey town.

This thread certainly isn't the place for a full rehash of the OSU/Michigan rivalry. But the rivalry is over the line in more than one respect, and that's very regrettable. I went to Michigan Stadium once for The Game, and I doubt I'll ever go back. If I do, it will definitely be incognito. And I'm fully aware that things are just as bad, and probably considerably worse, on this end. But very honestly, as long as I leave the OSU gear and the shoulder chip at home, Ann Arbor works out just fine -- with the possible exception of that once every two years Football game.

I highly doubt you'll have any trouble wearing Minnesota gear in Columbus. But if you're really concerned, go the plain clothes route.

Comment

Watch out for those Minnesota fans coming to Columbus, especially that CrazyDave guy leading the cheers and singing after every Minnesota goal.

Comment

I look forward to the Crazy Dave concert. I just hope he doesn't get too far through his playlist.

Comment

I look forward to the Crazy Dave concert. I just hope he doesn't get too far through his playlist.
                    If he has to do it too many times, he starts to skip the rest and get straight to the spelling.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Which leads to a vitally important question: At the end of the ritualistic spelling, does the Women's Hockey Crowd include or exclude the "Rah?" IIRC, the Men's Hockey Crowd includes it, but the Football Crowd makes the PA Announcer say it.

Aside to '86: Looks like it's time to open an Ohio State vs. Minnesota thread!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        If he has to do it too many times, he starts to skip the rest and get straight to the spelling.
                        Which leads to a vitally important question: At the end of the ritualistic spelling, does the Women's Hockey Crowd include or exclude the "Rah?" IIRC, the Men's Hockey Crowd includes it, but the Football Crowd makes the PA Announcer say it.
                        PGB -- Regarding the "playlist", I'm trying to figure out if you mean the Minnesota school song list (there are 6 that are done regularly, and I know how to sing all of them) or the "heckling the ref" cheer list (a few of which are better saved for men's hockey).

From what I understand, the extra "Rah" at the end of the Rouser used to be done in the 1960s. It dropped out of favor for many years, but was re-instituted a few years ago by the guy who is the PA announcer for both football and men's hockey. The student section does it, but not many other fans.
                        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                          The student section does it, but not many other fans.
                          I've always finished with the "Rah!" and when I started going to the women's games it just carried over...
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

PGB -- Regarding the "playlist", I'm trying to figure out if you mean the Minnesota school song list (there are 6 that are done regularly, and I know how to sing all of them) or the "heckling the ref" cheer list (a few of which are better saved for men's hockey).
                            I want to hear some of those "heckling the ref" cheers!

Comment

Oh, by all means, your entire repertoire is included. If a rock band can play both electric and acoustic music, you're entitled to both the official songs and your heckling cheers. I'm now counting on good entertainment value from the full repertoire.

From what I understand, the extra "Rah" at the end of the Rouser used to be done in the 1960s. It dropped out of favor for many years, but was re-instituted a few years ago by the guy who is the PA announcer for both football and men's hockey. The student section does it, but not many other fans.
                              Combining your reply with D2D's, I guess we're saying that the PA Guy revived a classic cheer, and that the Football crowd "needs more help" as compared with the Hockey crowds.

Comment

Working...
                              X