Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 1/25 - 1/26

UMD 3 - OSU 1 after two.

OSU was shooting itself in the foot with repeated penalties with UMD's PP showing signs of life and scoring two, one being a 5 on 3. But the penalties started to go the other way later in the period with OSU scoring in the last minute or two of the period on a PP with Semenza freezing Black.

Beautiful goals by McParland pulling Knapp part way across the crease while using Vafina as a decoy and then going one hole...and a very quick redirect by Hickel on which Knapp had no chance.

Gillanders scored the third UMD goal which was the 5 on 3, I think.

Could easily have been a couple more for the 'Dogs.

Life has been breathed into the scoreboard.

Comment

UMD 3 - OSU 2 Final. SOG UMD 29 - OSU 30.

Last two or three minutes were pressure packed with UMD not being able to clear their zone and then OSU going with the extra attacker.

Langan on a beautiful give and go PP goal to pull OSU within one earlier in the third period with Wong in the box for the second time which cost the 'Dogs each time. Both penalties on Wong were very weak calls with Miller going audibly ballistic from the bench on the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        ... with Miller going audibly ballistic from the bench on the second one.
        It really doesn't take much for that to occur.
        Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
        Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
        Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
          ...and from you either from what I've seen of you at games...

Comment

Nice weekend for UMD. For OSU, they need to get refocused in a hurry for a big road trip to Bemidji which won't be easy. OSU really needs to figure things out as they are now only one point ahead of North Dakota. They can still finish in the top four, get home ice, and make some noise in the postseason. I still believe in this coaching staff and team. They just need to get back to the way they were playing earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              They just need to get back to the way they were playing earlier in the season.
              In your opinion, what is different in the way that OSU is playing now versus earlier? Part of the perception may be that UND, UW, and UMD all started very slowly, and I think that each is a far better club now than in the first couple of months.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                In your opinion, what is different in the way that OSU is playing now versus earlier? Part of the perception may be that UND, UW, and UMD all started very slowly, and I think that each is a far better club now than in the first couple of months.
                Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Speaking only for myself, I'm starting to be won over by this theory. First, I don't think OSU is playing worse or even differently than earlier in the season. Second, based on direct observation, I'd say that:

January UMD > November Wisconsin

Further, the comparison isn't particularly close. However, based on numerous posts by various posters, it also appears that:

January Wisconsin > November Wisconsin.

And the comparison isn't particularly close. So I guess the Buckeyes need to take it up a notch or two if they want to continue to contend for home ice. That makes more sense to me than idea that the Buckeyes are in some sort of slump.

The Unofficial Three Stars for Saturday's game will be up before the end of the weekend. But I gotta give it up for tonight and get some sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    So I guess the Buckeyes need to take it up a notch or two if they want to continue to contend for home ice. That makes more sense to me than idea that the Buckeyes are in some sort of slump.
                    This.

Other teams have gotten better as the season has gone on and have stepped it up. The Buckeyes need to do the same, rather than 'getting back to the way they were playing earlier this season' as I wrongly stated earlier. It needs to start next weekend at Bemidji. Otherwise, we're looking at slipping into the fifth spot and hitting the road for the first round.

Anxiously awaiting your three stars from yesterday's game! I had other plans and didn't make it to this weekend's games.
                    Last edited by osualum86; 01-27-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Anxiously awaiting your three stars from yesterday's game! I had other plans and didn't make it to this weekend's games.
                      The Three Stars are now up on the WCHA thread. Sorry about the delay. But at least for me, 4 home games in less than 36 hours is a full load.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        Both penalties on Wong were very weak calls with Miller going audibly ballistic from the bench on the second one.
                        Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                        ...and from you either from what I've seen of you at games...
                        In addition to that which transpires on the ice...could be we're in for a round of intense, raucous shouting salvos launched from various locations on the front lines at Ridder.

I'm pretty confident one participant will bring her typical "pile" of weaponry.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                          In addition to that which transpires on the ice...could be we're in for a round of intense, raucous shouting salvos launched from various locations on the front lines at Ridder.

I'm pretty confident one participant will bring her typical "pile" of weaponry.
                          See you and CrazyDave in Columbus in a couple weekends if you make it down.

Comment

See you and CrazyDave in Columbus in a couple weekends if you make it down.
                            Got my flight, rental car, and hotel booked.
                            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Got my flight, rental car, and hotel booked.
                              Nice! See you in a couple weekends!

Comment

I'll be there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X