Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Someone whom I met while waiting to get into the HFH in October claimed there was going to be rule not allowing players to play junior hcokey more than one year after their class graduated HS. I don't see anything about that.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      A good knowledge of the game helps too. (And not trying to post on USCHO also helps one watch. )
      I've only seen laptops in the crowd at HFH a couple times. At least one was actually doing homework during the intermission.

One thing that also helps is that, when you're recruiting players, you're less likely to pay attention to the puck and more attention to the man. I know when I was at the Lincoln game, I did pay more attention to Wood, DeVito, and Bourbonnais than the puck. Obviously if you're not behind the net (like where I was), you want to keep an eye on the puck. I've learned this the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Kerry Fraser started reffing when he was 15 (and retired when the forced helmets broke his hair ). I believe juniors and high school students do occasionally ref games between little kids as well. I remember seeing a picture where Julie Aho from the women's team a few years back was selected to ref a couple of exhibition games.
        Mental age or actual age?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was wondering what that whole doubleheader thing was when I read the first report on this. Didn't know it was related to scouting.

It is good to see that coaches now have a fighting chance against Major Junior, especially considering that's the type of players that Coach Appert has been recruiting.
          It should help but IMO only a little.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It should help but IMO only a little.
            Any leverage that the coaches have is better than what they had previously.

I do wonder, though, if we'll end up not even seeing assistants at some of the games because they'll both be out recruiting.

Comment

I've only seen laptops in the crowd at HFH a couple times. At least one was actually doing homework during the intermission.
              I won't comment here further as it's getting off topic.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any leverage that the coaches have is better than what they had previously.

I do wonder, though, if we'll end up not even seeing assistants at some of the games because they'll both be out recruiting.
                At times, but that could have been the case before. Two were allowed to be out before. What this will allow is everyone to be out during breaks.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

At times, but that could have been the case before. Two were allowed to be out before. What this will allow is everyone to be out during breaks.
                  According to the article, it said only one was allowed to be out at a time. Hence the "baton rule" nickname.

Comment

According to the article, it said only one was allowed to be out at a time. Hence the "baton rule" nickname.
                    I really should have read the article again. It was linked on eLynah a few days ago and I read it and the NCAA article then, and of course I didn't remember it correctly.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ah ha! Here is the USCHO article:

It also removed the rule that limited college hockey teams schools to two coaches recruiting off campus at a time.
                      Perhaps the head coach and one assistant were allowed out, but not two assistants, nott aht that makes much sense. Whatever!?! The important part is that our travel budget will have to increase.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ah ha! Here is the USCHO article:

Perhaps the head coach and one assistant were allowed out, but not two assistants, nott aht that makes much sense. Whatever!?! The important part is that our travel budget will have to increase.
                        Always nice to have conflicting articles.

The good news is that they'll also be able to talk more than a couple times a year after the junior year.

Comment

Always nice to have conflicting articles.

The good news is that they'll also be able to talk more than a couple times a year after the junior year.
                          And also the rewordng about limits to texting etc.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Someone whom I met while waiting to get into the HFH in October claimed there was going to be rule not allowing players to play junior hcokey more than one year after their class graduated HS. I don't see anything about that.
                            That would be a sure-fire way to ensure a player goes to MJ.

Comment

That would be a sure-fire way to ensure a player goes to MJ.
                              It would certainly hurt, but most of the real good ones go to college immediately after HS or after one more year in juniors, and those are the ones who the biggest battles are fought over.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Drew Melanson on playing in tomorrows USHL/NHL Top Prospects game..... http://www.omaha.com/article/2013012...o-play-for-nhl
                                here's the link to watch (Melanson is #24 for the West)....http://ushl.fasthockey.com/login.php..........wow, not many fans there.
                                Last edited by turk181; 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X