Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Code:
     # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
    23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester NY         17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
    23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                  16- 9- 6- 15- 26 traded
    14                                 Lincoln Stars (USHL)                                                           3- 0- 1-  1-  2 01/25/13
                                                                                                total                36-16-16- 32- 36
    20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale IL      33- 3- 4-  7- 80 01/25/13
    22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/16/96 5'09" 155 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 01/26/13 no stats
    26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 2-  2-  2
    27 Drew Melanson #*    LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus NJ           34- 6- 8- 14-  2 01/25/13
     5 Parker Reno #       RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN            17- 1-12- 13- 14 01/24/13
    15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC    34-11-20- 31- 34 01/23/13
    26 Jake Wood #*        LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown ON        33- 8-10- 18- 95 01/25/13
    Women
    11 Hannah Behounek #*   D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN       18- 4- 3-  7-  4 01/22/13
    15 Laura Horwood *      F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       26-13-10- 23- 20 01/20/13
                                                                                                nonleague games      17-12-12- 24-  x
                                                                                                total                43-25-22- 47-  x
    15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
    13 Katie Rooney *       F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN          21-30-26- 56- 12 01/22/13

* In the RPI directory
    # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

this could be a reason why there's so much fighting & complaining about the refs in the USHL. The 4 officials for the USHL/NHL Prospects game are; three at 24yrs old & one at 23....also, they avg. having spent 5yrs already in the U. Now, it just could be that these are the 4 best in the league, although reading past comments on the Stars' blog you wouldn't get that about Albindia..... http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...source=feedbur
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        this could be a reason why there's so much fighting & complaining about the refs in the USHL. The 4 officials for the USHL/NHL Prospects game are; three at 24yrs old & one at 23....also, they avg. having spent 5yrs already in the U. Now, it just could be that these are the 4 best in the league, although reading past comments on the Stars' blog you wouldn't get that about Albindia..... http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...source=feedbur
        When I went to the game in Lincoln, I did hear a lot of complaining about the refs. Don't get me started on how livid the crowd was when the refs called unsportsmanlike conduct matching penalties just because they wouldn't allow that precious fighting, either. Granted I joined in a little bit in order to maintain denausible pliability, but still thought it was dumb. I'm sure, just like any other referee in any league, they're happy to be involved with the sport, even if they don't have a stick in hand.

Comment

The refs start at the same age as the players. It does explain something.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Drew Melanson on playing in tomorrows USHL/NHL Top Prospects game..... http://www.omaha.com/article/2013012...o-play-for-nhl
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Drew Melanson on playing in tomorrows USHL/NHL Top Prospects game..... http://www.omaha.com/article/2013012...o-play-for-nhl
              I wonder how many scouts actually show up for this.

BTW, a thread was started on USCHO for this game. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...Prospects-Game
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

some rule changes by the NCAA regarding recruiting.......http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...t_scouting.php

Comment

some rule changes by the NCAA regarding recruiting.......http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...t_scouting.php
                  I was wondering what that whole doubleheader thing was when I read the first report on this. Didn't know it was related to scouting.

It is good to see that coaches now have a fighting chance against Major Junior, especially considering that's the type of players that Coach Appert has been recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Albindia is the worst ref in the league according to multiple fan bases. He has no control of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Kerry Fraser started reffing when he was 15 (and retired when the forced helmets broke his hair ). I believe juniors and high school students do occasionally ref games between little kids as well. I remember seeing a picture where Julie Aho from the women's team a few years back was selected to ref a couple of exhibition games.

Comment

Scouting other teams in person: "With video being readily available " it seems that it wouldn't make a difference if a coach scouted in person. It appears they have the argument upside down. More stupid rules. Must be Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                          Scouting other teams in person: "With video being readily available " it seems that it wouldn't make a difference if a coach scouted in person. It appears they have the argument upside down. More stupid rules. Must be Democrats.
                          There is some difference, because there are things that go on in a game that the camera might not catch, such as positioning on ice and off-the-puck movement. I do think it's a dumb rule, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            There is some difference, because there are things that go on in a game that the camera might not catch, such as positioning on ice and off-the-puck movement. I do think it's a dumb rule, though.
                            Agree-dumb rule. But even agree more that you have to see hockey live and in person to evaluate anything about anyone. Just so much going on behind the play, in front of the play, everywhere. This sport moves far too fast for cameras that focus simply on where the puck is. And just as important-you have to know where to look. I have attended lots of games along side trained and experienced hockey people who evaluate players for a living. Even at my age, having seen a gazillion games, I never see all that they do.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Agree-dumb rule. But even agree more that you have to see hockey live and in person to evaluate anything about anyone. Just so much going on behind the play, in front of the play, everywhere. This sport moves far too fast for cameras that focus simply on where the puck is. And just as important-you have to know where to look. I have attended lots of games along side trained and experienced hockey people who evaluate players for a living. Even at my age, having seen a gazillion games, I never see all that they do.
                              High Definition and widescreen have certainly helped matters, as you can now get a good view of an entire third of the ice, although there's still a limiting factor of the corners. One angle that I really like is one that Q-Pac uses in their video that shows the entire attacking zone from the perspective of being behind the net in the upper tier. If I can't get dead centre ice up a number of rows, I always prefer being directly behind the net (obviously where my team shoots twice), because you truly can see everything. Even with stanchions in the older rinks, the corners are no problem. I remember when I saw Coach Vines at a recruit game in Youngstown, he was behind the net near one of the corners, albeit up towards the top.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                High Definition and widescreen have certainly helped matters, as you can now get a good view of an entire third of the ice, although there's still a limiting factor of the corners. One angle that I really like is one that Q-Pac uses in their video that shows the entire attacking zone from the perspective of being behind the net in the upper tier. If I can't get dead centre ice up a number of rows, I always prefer being directly behind the net (obviously where my team shoots twice), because you truly can see everything. Even with stanchions in the older rinks, the corners are no problem. I remember when I saw Coach Vines at a recruit game in Youngstown, he was behind the net near one of the corners, albeit up towards the top.
                                A good knowledge of the game helps too. (And not trying to post on USCHO also helps one watch. )
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X