Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That's why the old Holiday Inn across the street is now a dorm.
    Oh right, they did convert that. Hey, not too far from the bowling alley.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Oh right, they did convert that. Hey, not too far from the bowling alley.
      Had my first alcoholic beverage in that bowling alley-that is hallowed ground. But hung out at the Armory bar most of the time or the Notty Pine.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Had my first alcoholic beverage in that bowling alley-that is hallowed ground. But hung out at the Armory bar most of the time or the Notty Pine.
        I thought that bowling alley is newer than that. (I doubt it attracts many recruits. )
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that bowling alley is newer than that. (I doubt it attracts many recruits. )
          We are talking about the one at the bottom of the Approach? Correct? If so, it was there in 1963 and it had a liquor license. I also remember that the Approach, which was never an easy climb when it was crumbling beneath you, was a much more difficult climb after a couple of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            We are talking about the one at the bottom of the Approach? Correct? If so, it was there in 1963 and it had a liquor license. I also remember that the Approach, which was never an easy climb when it was crumbling beneath you, was a much more difficult climb after a couple of shots.
            Yes, that is the one. I thought it was newer. The approach, by the way, was finally renovated about a dozen years ago. It is still a difficult climb, but now mainly due to my age.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, that is the one. I thought it was newer. The approach, by the way, was finally renovated about a dozen years ago. It is still a difficult climb, but now mainly due to my age.
              You actually climbed it when you were in Troy for the Ferris series?

Comment

You actually climbed it when you were in Troy for the Ferris series?
                Not this year. Since I didn't stay at Holiday Inn (Best Western) for obvious reasons, it wasn't nearby. The last time was about three years earlier.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am sure that climb would be challenging for me also. In my case though it is the knees. I have seen it since the renovation, but had not the opportunity to walk it.

Comment

I remember passing Buffalo once or twice on I-94 on the trip to St. Cloud (I didn't get lost, just went to the Mall of America), and thought to myself, "Why is Buffalo so small?"

Good to see we're picking up a lot of the Buffalo area, although I suspect RIT isn't too thrilled with that.
                    Why would they care? They recruit 21-year-olds from Ontario.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Hey RC, RB, et al. : Whatever happened to Red Head 18?? I can't remember the last time he posted...? I don't know him personally,but always enjoyed his take on the Jr. ranks, our recruits, etc. Anybody have an idea?
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Why would they care? They recruit 21-year-olds from Ontario.
                        I said RIT, not North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Hey RC, RB, et al. : Whatever happened to Red Head 18?? I can't remember the last time he posted...? I don't know him personally,but always enjoyed his take on the Jr. ranks, our recruits, etc. Anybody have an idea?
                          i have wondered about him also.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I said RIT, not North Dakota.
                            North Dakota hardly even recruits from Ontario, just two on the roster.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was referring more to the age portion of the comment.

Comment

That's a lot ... about two more than I would have expected.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X