X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lunch

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Here I am making ham & turkey sandwiches and you're over here making 3 course lunches.
    to be fair, the veggie mix was frozen, so I didn't really "make" it.

Comment

we had a Mexican potluck today, so I didn't get to have my tasty homemade lunch.

several future lunches will be at Qdoba, because their mango salad is back. mmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Bacon wrapped sirloins with sauteed mushrooms and onions in a teriyaki sauce. Small salad and a small handful of leftover sweet potato tatertots.

Comment

Chipotul
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Assembled at home - 4 oz. corned beef, thin swiss, spicy mustard, fancy lettuce, local rye.

Comment

marinated and grilled boneless pork chops, scalloped potatoes and a veggie mix

Comment

Jimmy John's #8 no tomato
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Jimmy John's #8 no tomato
                  Subway Sub Melt, pepper jack, lettuce/green pepper/jalapeno/salt/pepper/oil/vinegar.

Standard weekday lunch at work for me. Half the time I just make small talk with the employees, since when they see me pull up, they start making the sandwich.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, that's like me at Campus Pizza and the VFW near my work. err....
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Subway Sub Melt, pepper jack, lettuce/green pepper/jalapeno/salt/pepper/oil/vinegar.

Standard weekday lunch at work for me. Half the time I just make small talk with the employees, since when they see me pull up, they start making the sandwich.
                      When the workers would have my food ready right away without me saying anything I used to think it was time to mix it up. But I got over that when I realized I've been going to the same place for years and getting the same thing because I just don't want anything else there.

Being a good regular customer has scored me free Chipotle a couple of times. That was pretty sweet. Now the other places I go have to catch on too.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Yeah, that's like me at Campus Pizza and the VFW near my work. err....
                        The barkeep at the VFW has your bump and beer all set up for you right at noon?

Comment

I have been lax with my lunch updates. this week was marinated and grilled boneless pork chops, bacon and cheddar mashed potatoes and a veggie mix. very similar to last week's lunch.
                          Last edited by jen; 05-24-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Went with an early lunch today:

Cooked up a porchetta chop, and threw some onion and green pepper in the pan for even more flavor. Side of corn in butter sauce. And a big-arse glass o'milk to wash 'er down (honestly, it was about 1/4 gallon; I go through a LOT of milk during the week).
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I wish I could drink milk.

Pork and beans and hot dogs, with chips and a cup of instant Kraft mac-n-cheese. And a Coke.

I'll be over here waiting for jen or Bob to come hit me with a shovel.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Kind of a letdown for lunch today. Let me give you a little background info first.

There used to be this small chain of restaurants in West Michigan, mostly the immediate Grand Rapids area, called Mr. Fables. The last one closed in 2000. It was primarily a hamburger joint, but they served up other things as well. What I loved was the Mr. Fabulous burger. It was their double beef olive burger with a special mayonnaise (read: secret recipe mayo), cheese, lettuce, and tomato. I have these flashback cravings for them every once and awhile and today I wanted to see if I could satisfy that desire.

I hadn't been to the Red Hot Inn in a long time, but recently a friend told me they had a great olive burger. So, I tried to give this local burger joint a try to see if their olive burger could hold a candle to the Mr. Fabulous burger. Well, it didn't even compare to Mr. Fables' Mr. Fabulous burger, and there is no comparison, the candle was snuffed out. Now, most likely, I will have to go through the rest of my life with this unfulfilled and unsatisfied hole in my mind and belly.

Disappointing lunch today.
                                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                                X