This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lunch

Ham and provolone on onion rye with an apple and coffee.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Had a baked potato bar at work for my co-worker's birthday on Sunday and my birthday today. It was so good and now everyone is stuffed and tired.

We had:
      potatoes
      butter
      sour cream
      chives
      2 vats of chili
      pulled pork
      shredded cheese
      velveta/cheese sauce
      broccoli
      bacon
      jalapenos

...and a couple of desserts (strawberry shortcake and butterfinger cupcakes)
      So full. I think it's time to shut my office door and nap.
      Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 04-18-2013, 12:41 PM.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

Dessert?
        *****https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hJKQf4CU7EE/UXAA6zARkXI/AAAAAAAAYVs/uDaCr5PVxHw/w497-h373/choco%2Blasagna.jpg******

CHOCOLATE LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS

1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
        6 Tablespoon butter, melted
        1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
        1/4 cup granulated sugar
        2 Tablespoons cold milk
        1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
        2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
        3 1/4 cups cold milk
        1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. You can use a food processor for this, or you could also place them in a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You are done when the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs.
        2. Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
        3. Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the 2 Tablespoons of milk and 1/4 cup of sugar. Mix well. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
        4. In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Return the dessert to the refrigerator for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up.
        5. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.

Evidently this may have come from http://centercutcook.com
        All credit to them if it is their recipe
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Mmmm...I just finished masticating. Yummy.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Chicken Caesar from cosi with a coke zero to wash it down
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Chicken Caesar from cosi with a coke zero to wash it down
              Starting to think you work next door to or own stock in Cosi and Coke Zero.

Turkey sammich on wheat. Cherry greek yogurt. Apple.

Comment

Steak Escape, 7" Super Steak
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Dessert?
                  *****https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hJKQf4CU7EE/UXAA6zARkXI/AAAAAAAAYVs/uDaCr5PVxHw/w497-h373/choco%2Blasagna.jpg******

CHOCOLATE LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup granulated sugar
                  2 Tablespoons cold milk
                  3 1/4 cups cold milk

DIRECTIONS

1. Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. You can use a food processor for this, or you could also place them in a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You are done when the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs.
                  2. Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
                  3. Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the 2 Tablespoons of milk and 1/4 cup of sugar. Mix well. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
                  4. In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Return the dessert to the refrigerator for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up.
                  5. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.

Not only can I hear you getting fatter, I can hear myself getting fatter.
                  bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

since it was 'work at home' day with the lockdown, it was time to fry up what was left of the pierogi's we brought home from pittsburgh.

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                    Starting to think you work next door to or own stock in Cosi and Coke Zero.

Turkey sammich on wheat. Cherry greek yogurt. Apple.
                    mookie works near cosi, viga, pizzeria regina, and chinatown. i'm usually always one of those.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Dessert?

CHOCOLATE LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup granulated sugar
                      2 Tablespoons cold milk
                      3 1/4 cups cold milk

DIRECTIONS

Looking at that is like torture, I can't eat any of that crap but I really want to
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Looking at that is like torture, I can't eat any of that crap but I really want to
                        Me neither. Diabetes?
                        "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

One Honeycrisp apple
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                            Me neither. Diabetes?
                            No, still can't have sugar or chocolate or any other processed foods.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              No, still can't have sugar or chocolate or any other processed foods.
                              Yeah, either way it sucks.
                              "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                                Yeah, either way it sucks.
                                Lost alot of weight and have stayed out of the hospital not eating that crap so I guess their is a bright side. Still would like to eat some junk food though .

Comment

Working...
                                X