X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lunch

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Lasagna with extra cheese. Gotta love leftovers.
    That's what I had for lunch all last week. Made a big lasagna Sunday night and it lasted the rest of the work week. I specifically make it very "dense" (lots of filling...onions, peppers, mushrooms, extra meat, a few layers of pepperoni etc). That way it feels extra hearty and makes for a filling lunch. This week on Sunday I made a baked mac and cheese with broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, onion and sausage. Should last me a few more days of lunches (its what I had today).

Yesterday for lunch I had some leftover Crawfish etouffee, shrimp creole, and jambalya. Wish I had some of the boudin sausage leftover from the night before too but I had finished that off. Cajun (and creole) food is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Chicken breast sandwich with swiss & avocado, chips, & a Coke at the tacky & abrasive cafe.

Real Coke, not that namby pamby diet crap or stinkin' Pepsi.
      Mexican Coke? You can get that at Cub in the Rio Grande aisle. It's made with real cane sugar and goes down clean.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Mexican Coke? You can get that at Cub in the Rio Grande aisle. It's made with real cane sugar and goes down clean.
        Pepsi and Mountain Dew will occasionally trot out a "Throwback" version that does the same.

Also, Jarritos is freaking awesome. Could go for a strawberry right now.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

Yesterday for lunch I had some leftover Crawfish etouffee, shrimp creole, and jambalya. Wish I had some of the boudin sausage leftover from the night before too but I had finished that off. Cajun (and creole) food is awesome.
          As long as you can handle some spice. Typically it isn't too bad, but some of them Cajuns sure do heap it on. But I am lucky to work with some Cajuns on the boat and they'll occasionally cook up some great food. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Pepsi and Mountain Dew will occasionally trot out a "Throwback" version that does the same.

Also, Jarritos is freaking awesome. Could go for a strawberry right now.
            I have a soft spot for Guanabana.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              As long as you can handle some spice. Typically it isn't too bad, but some of them Cajuns sure do heap it on. But I am lucky to work with some Cajuns on the boat and they'll occasionally cook up some great food. Love it.
              Im not normally a big fan of the spicy hot stuff but I find that with most cajun food the heat seems to come from things that also had flavor and Ive never had anything be overly hot. But I feel like when I eat other spicy hot stuff, it seems like they add stuff that just adds heat and the heat gets to be too much and overpowers any flavor that is there. Buts thats just me. Im sure there are those that disagree.

Comment

Chicken Caesar salad sitting at the bar in The Good Life with diet coke out of the gun.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The talk about five guys and culvers got to me.

Culver's sourdough melt w/ fries and a root beer.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

Today leftovers, grilled flank steak, cheddar perogies, apple sauce, and oranges. Tomorrow may have to do Cousins, though I may use up some leftover pizza sauce and salami in a pasta dish.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Leftover stir fry and vitamin water.
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I had leftovers today, seafood il forno with a spicy marinara sauce! Yum!
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Where is there a Five Guys in town? I thought you meant Five Napkin Burger - have you ever been there?
                          Is Five Napkin up in Boston now? I've somehow never been there, though I've heard really good things.

Lunch today is a Just Salad "roasted turkey health cobb" salad with turkey, alpine lace, tomatoes, egg whites, avocado, roasted peppers and corn. Poblano ranch dressing and a piece of bread on the side. Healthy and tasty!
                          Cornell University Men's Hockey
                          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            The talk about five guys and culvers got to me.

Culver's sourdough melt w/ fries and a root beer.
                            Where is a culverts in AA??

Red Robin today for me today. Their esnenpa(sp?) Chicken platter with Sam Adams winter lager, watching a rebroadcasted game on ESPNU. thinking about getting dessert ....
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Can of Cambell's Chicken Noodle and a can of Diet Sunkist Orange...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

BLT with 5 strips of bacon and a banana.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X