This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jen View Post
    my co-workers got a tuna reprieve today, as my team went out to lunch. grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and Guinness mustard on a pretzel roll. it was supposed to have avocado, but apparently when they said they didn't have any fruit, they also meant they didn't have avocado that was supposed to go on the sandwiches. I also had half a baked potato that was the size of my foot.
    If there was a comma between Guinness & mustard I would offer to trade lunches
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Lunch

Originally posted by jen View Post
      my co-workers got a tuna reprieve today, as my team went out to lunch. grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and Guinness mustard on a pretzel roll. it was supposed to have avocado, but apparently when they said they didn't have any fruit, they also meant they didn't have avocado that was supposed to go on the sandwiches. I also had half a baked potato that was the size of my foot.
      Avocado is fruit.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Avocado is fruit.
        yes... I'm aware. I assumed they meant fruit as in the fruit you can get on the side is seasonal, so they don't have it right now. Apparently it also means they don't have ANY fruit, even if the menu says the sandwich is supposed to have it.
        Last edited by jen; 01-10-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
          Salad and some year-old girl scout cookies that I was reminded that I had in my bottom desk drawer by the order form for this year's girl scout cookies going around the office.
          did you see they've added some sort of mango cookie this year? I like mango, but am unsure about its inclusion in a Girl Scout cookie. They managed to make dulce de leche bland; the possibilities with mango are a little frightening.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
            For a second I thought you had a potato that was half-baked, and I was going to wonder how that tasted.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Turkey with pickles and mustard
              Granola bar
              Can of coke

Comment

4 eggs, scrambled
                Whole wheat toast
                Tomato
                Green tea
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Deluxe Italian Sub, Fritos, and a Pepsi.

This was way off what I usually have for lunch.
                  NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

yes... I'm aware. I assumed they meant fruit as in the fruit you can get on the side is seasonal, so they don't have it right now. Apparently it also means they don't have ANY fruit, even if the menu says the sandwich is supposed to have it.
                    Yes, well in large part, that's because avocado is fruit.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Cup of chicken noodle soup, and grilled chicken wrap with lettuce, tomato, blue cheese crumbles, and honey mustard.

Comment

Airline food, followed by more.. airline food.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Are you flying to China?
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

did you see they've added some sort of mango cookie this year? I like mango, but am unsure about its inclusion in a Girl Scout cookie. They managed to make dulce de leche bland; the possibilities with mango are a little frightening.
                            I didn't. Samoas and Thin Mints are all I need.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

We have no parents of Girl Scouts here and none in our neighborhood. I'll have to get them when they set up outside the grocery store.

Comment

Salami on a bagel, orange, nano, home-made chocolate/pretzel granola bar.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X