This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lunch

Veal saltimboca from Limoncello, plus bread and olives. Cappuccino for dessert.

Comment

Old Chicago. Had $10 credit on my Rewards card, plus a free app, so had a personal pizza, an order of Jamaican Jerk wings, and a beer for about $6. (Yes, I still tipped appropriately on what the full bill would have been).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Scallion beef pancake and spicy Sichuan octopus from Z&Y in SFO Chinatown.

Comment

Wheat hoagie
          Boar's Head ham and turkey
          Boar's Head chipotle gouda
          Romaine lettuce
          Black olives
          Pickles
          Black peppercorn mayo

Carrots on the side

Starbucks cold brew, 1 serving
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Potluck:
            Swedish meatballs, meatballs in bbq sauce, waterdogs/mustard/sauerkraut/onions, sheetcake, cheese sampler

Comment

The calorie counting thread is depressing, so I thought I'd revive this one.

Taco truck Tuesday:
              Chicken quesadilla w/ onions, cilantro, verde salsa, sour cream. I think it weighs 2 pounds. So much chicken and cheese.
              Guy threw in a free bean & rice taco too as he's getting ready to pack up. Our production team has lunch break at 10, so catching the taco truck just before 11 he's ready to go home.

The fresh corn tortillas are so good. I ate half the meal and am stuffed.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Leftover acorn squash with ground turkey and dried cranberries; water.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Turkey wrap:
                  Chipotle tortilla, flour
                  Cheese, Swiss & Parmesan
                  Olives, black
                  Pickles, dill
                  Lettuce, red leaf romaine (presumably)
                  Mayo, peppercorn, black
                  Side of carrots
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    The calorie counting thread is depressing, so I thought I'd revive this one.

Taco truck Tuesday:
                    Chicken quesadilla w/ onions, cilantro, verde salsa, sour cream. I think it weighs 2 pounds. So much chicken and cheese.
                    Guy threw in a free bean & rice taco too as he's getting ready to pack up. Our production team has lunch break at 10, so catching the taco truck just before 11 he's ready to go home.

The fresh corn tortillas are so good. I ate half the meal and am stuffed.
                    But you're pregnant, and shouldn't worry about calories? Maybe I need to be educated on this.

I had a little leftover cheese plate (gouda and a fancy, gouda-like cut from the $5 basket at the Kroger "Murray's" counter), plus some cold cuts and Triscuts (best cracker for fiber).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      and Triscuts (best cracker).
                      no needed extra verbiage here
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mookie tried elevation burger.

Appears to be a DC chain.
                        and like most things coming out of there, it sucked.
                        Fries bland. Soggy. No taste whatsoever.

Burger was blah.

Shake didn't taste like strawberry

Scale 0-10, gets a 2

Comment

Five guys just sets the bar.

Never fail to be amazed how a well down burger can be so greasy juicy delicious
                          Fries are in abundance and flavorful and remain hot while being over served.

Topping offerings are perfect (mayo pickles raw onions for mookie on the cheeseburger)

Scale 0-10, 12 from mookie

Comment

Five Guys is perfect if you stay away from the burger.

Hot dog, fries, and all the peanuts you can cram into your pants.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Mookie tried elevation burger.

Appears to be a DC chain.
                              and like most things coming out of there, it sucked.
                              Fries bland. Soggy. No taste whatsoever.

Burger was blah.

Shake didn't taste like strawberry

Scale 0-10, gets a 2
                              There was an EB in Frederick, Maryland I used to go to. It was OK. Mostly it was fun because I swear they only hire the prettiest women they can find. Which in the Northeast, I know, meh, but still.

Also: artificial strawberry never tastes like strawberry. I love strawberries. I hate artificial strawberry. Fun fact: it's made from beaver butt juice. Enjoy that next shake.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 12-13-2019, 11:00 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Five Guys is perfect if you stay away from the burger.

Hot dog, fries, and all the peanuts you can cram into your pants.
                                I'm with mookie. I like the burger. My only problem is I tend to overdue it a bit in terms of adding toppings.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X