Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
    I heard them announce a misconduct. I think he exited the box when he wasn't supposed to, so they called it.
    I was told that he made a diving sign at the ref when he went to the scorers box after Megan's goal
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Yeah so apparently the 5th goal was disallowed because BU was supposed to be down 5(6) on 3. I'm not really sure how this played out with the double minor and the goal scored on BU to make it 4-2 but I thought when the puck dropped that 4 players was the right number. Either way Benedetto is awful

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        I was told that he made a diving sign at the ref when he went to the scorers box after Megan's goal
        Yeah he was still heated about Gaudreau flopping there and they probably made the wise decision to keep him out of the handshake line because the game was over at that point. The refs lost control of it there at the end and had a few calls missed both ways. The obstruction hooking call on Wey and then embellishment call on Rodrigues were both weak.
        GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
          Yeah so apparently the 5th goal was disallowed because BU was supposed to be down 5(6) on 3. I'm not really sure how this played out with the double minor and the goal scored on BU to make it 4-2 but I thought when the puck dropped that 4 players was the right number. Either way Benedetto is awful
          The problem was they let Escobedo (2nd penalty) out of the box, and the refs apparently didn't fix the error until after the puck drop, hence why they negated the goal and started over. Poorly handled last couple minutes. Game was fun as hell though, incredibly exciting for anyone there. Milner channeled Kieran on goal 3...how in the world did #5 beat him around the net that badly? He wasn't even close to the post when the puck went in.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Perhaps I will add more thoughts later, but I am very proud how this YOUNG team stepped it up and beat the #1 team in the country. Very inspired effort by BU which made it sweeter since we knew we got the absolute best game out of a BC team that was trying to get York to break the wins record against their main rival. Very entertaining hockey game which being on the national scene hopefully converted a few NHL fans that watched a great showcase of college hockey. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow night.

What a breath of fresh air watching this BU team that plays with a lot of heart compared to all the drama of last season.

Comment

Just looked at the KRACH.

1. UNH
              2. BC
              3. BU

Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                He did the same thing after the original call on the way to the box. After Megan's goal I assumed he did the same from the box for the 10.

Made me think of the classic bench minor on Bavis against DU for "smiling and clapping" on a ref call. Bunyon perhaps?
                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post

1. UNH
                  2. BC
                  3. BU

Hockey East.
                  HE is certainly top heavy.......................great game by you guys and i was not surprised one iota by this result either. BU is an excellent team without question. The rest of the season on into the NCAA's should be fun. Eagles have to bounce back tonight, pressure is on us.

P.S. you gotta admit, the embellishment was hysterical given whats been tossed back and forth on the threads

Comment

Very inspired effort by BU which made it sweeter since we knew we got the absolute best game out of a BC team that was trying to get York to break the wins record against their main rival.
                    I agree it was a great game by BU, but it certainly was not the absolute best game for BC. Turning pucks over, not making tape to tape passes, and playing loose defensively. There were a few individuals who played well for BC, but overall just a sloppy game when they needed to bring their best. We are not used to seeing this team grip their sticks too tight, but that's what it looked like.

BU was great. Played hard, had a stronger net presence offensively, packed it in defensively and played with more sandpaper to their game than BC. I just watched the game again and BU was clearly the better team.

BTW....the cross check on JG with 2 minutes to go was a penalty. Seriously, Jack and Co need to get over their obsession with BC diving. Kid gets cross checked in front of the net while trying to score on a rebound and they complain about diving? So what Jack was insinuating was the best player in the league decided to dive instead of stay on his feet and bury the rebound? So ridiculously absurd, it's comical.

Hoping to see a better opponent for BU tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Grzlecyk is dynamite. He's all that and a bag of chips every time I watch BU.
                      he may already be the second best player in the league

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                        I agree it was a great game by BU, but it certainly was not the absolute best game for BC.
                        Perhaps I should have said best effort since they defnitely wanted to win so York could overtake the wins record over BU this weekend. Perhaps they were trying too hard and that got into their heads causing some of the sloppy play?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          he may already be the second best player in the league
                          And the best player in the league just can't go a game without getting a few points huh? Just ridiculous how BC seems to always find someone to continue the long line of tiny, offensively skilled forwards. Any chance JG leaves after this year?

As for the game- agree with everything that's been said. Great fun and BU definitely deserved to win this time around. Hoping for the same result tonight!

Comment

1. UNH
                            2. BC
                            3. BU

Hockey East.
                            Represent.

Comment

Quick - check the headline before they fix it!

Comment

lolll

Comment

Working...
                                X