• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Not in our house.

Comment

Not terribly surprised by this result. This is fairly similar to the bad effort you saw out of BC at Matthews on opening night.

Not getting the last change is going to hurt BC in a lot of road games against teams like BU IMO. BUT BU played great hockey. That pretty much resulted in a semi-blowout. Everything BC did terribly BU did well except for the PPs which were not great for either side.

Grzlecyk is dynamite. He's all that and a bag of chips every time I watch BU.

While I've been around long enough to not get too jazzed up about these BC-BU games anymore, there are always a few things I get a kick out of in these matchups.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Saw most of the first on tv (watch doc call it if its replayed.. He is dynamite). I thought bc was a bit weak on the forecheck. Any 1st vs 2-3 differences?
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
          .... Any 1st vs 2-3 differences?
          Goals scored.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Woooo!

Comment

Do you think Pierre Maguire is a Grzelcyk fan?

Watching a game like that with Emrick calling is almost as good as being there.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Do you think Pierre Maguire is a Grzelcyk fan?

Watching a game like that with Emrick calling is almost as good as being there.
                I like Emrick's style in general, but it may take a period and a half before a players name will be said, because of the story-telling, anectdotes, etc. Again, I enjoy him, but I can see somebody who doesn't have the roster or know what number Myron is, wondering if he is playing.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Very entertaining game, I'm obviously thrilled wit the result. Some thoughts:
                  - Hey, BU wore their "originals"! Maybe they did against St. Lawrence too, but it's been a while since I have seen them.
                  - BU played a very uptempo game, other than the last 7 minutes or so, when they wanted to protect the 3-1 lead.
                  - MacGregor was horrible and should not sit for Riukka, possibly ever. A few bad giveaways, forced Noonan to take a penalty on one.
                  - Some very questionable calls. On the Wey/Rodrigues matching in the first, was the Rodrigues call embellishment? Because if it was, it was a horrible call. The call on Wey was bad too, but I saw nothing to suggest that Rodrigues was trying to draw the call.
                  - The shot by Rodrigues was wicked.
                  - What can you say about Grzlecyk? Just awesome. I loved how he scored right after Maguire asked Emerick if it is a risk to have two freshmen d out there at the same time. That's 2 goals in 2 games against BC. A good sign for BU fans.
                  - Why was the 5th goal not counted? (the ENG by Rosen). The broadcast totally missed it not counting until the clock was down to about 0:00.
                  - O'Connor was very solid in net again. I'm guessing Parker plays Maguire tomorrow though.

Overall, glad to see BU show that they can hang with BC.

Comment

I was at the game and really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and two great teams that played really hard...BUT can somebody tell me what the He## happened in the last 2:30 of the contest though? Noonan got called for a 2 minute minor, BC pulled for a 6 on 4 advantage, BU scored an ENG to make it 4-1, then it's a 6 on 3 for BC, BC scored to make it 4-2. Another 6 on 3 for BC (HOW?)..BU scores to go up 5-2 (or did they)...6 on 3...

Turned into a bit of a kangaroo court at the end there 'a la Benedetto, no?
                    Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 11-30-2012, 10:19 PM.
                    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                      I was at the game and really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and two great teams that played really hard...BUT can somebody tell me what the He## happened in the last 2:30 of the contest though? Noonan got called for a 2 minute minor, BC pulled for a 6 on 4 advantage, BU scored an ENG to make it 4-1, then it's a 6 on 3 for BC, BC scored to make it 4-2. Another 6 on 3 for BC (HOW?)..BU scores to go up 5-2 (or did they)...6 on 3...

Turned into a bit of a kangaroo court at the end there 'a la Benedetto, no?
                      Yeah, the ending was very strange. Someone for BU got what showed as 4:00 on the TV scoreboard, with the second 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike. Parker could be hread saying it should be "2 and 10" which of course only means a 2 minute shorthanded situation. Then the second penalty made it a 5 on 3, or 6 on 3 with the goalie pulled. I guess that was after the 4th BU goal, but I've lost track. And I have no idea why the Rosen ENG didn't count. I didn't hear any whistles to suggest they had blown the pay dead. The BHBlog made it sound like they reset the clock as if that face-off and goal never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        Yeah, the ending was very strange. Someone for BU got what showed as 4:00 on the TV scoreboard, with the second 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike. Parker could be hread saying it should be "2 and 10" which of course only means a 2 minute shorthanded situation. Then the second penalty made it a 5 on 3, or 6 on 3 with the goalie pulled. I guess that was after the 4th BU goal, but I've lost track. And I have no idea why the Rosen ENG didn't count. I didn't hear any whistles to suggest they had blown the pay dead. The BHBlog made it sound like they reset the clock as if that face-off and goal never happened.
                        Privitera got 4 minutes. Then Escobedo got a 2. BC scored. I thought Privitera's first 2 minute penalty was over but it wasn't. So, they should have had the faceoff still 5 on 3 (or 6 on 3 if the goalie was still pulled). So at the faceoff, there were 4 BU guys on the ice and should have been 3. Rosen touched the puck and the ref blew the whistle for too many men.

Comment

Did Privitera get a 10? Never announced but he went down the tunnel after BU scored the ENG.

That was the most fun I've had in Agganis since 2009. Great game, great atmosphere. And I love that it was nationally televised. #GoodForEveryoneWhoLovesHockey

BU Hockey: Score
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Privitera got 4 minutes. Then Escobedo got a 2. BC scored. I thought Privitera's first 2 minute penalty was over but it wasn't. So, they should have had the faceoff still 5 on 3 (or 6 on 3 if the goalie was still pulled). So at the faceoff, there were 4 BU guys on the ice and should have been 3. Rosen touched the puck and the ref blew the whistle for too many men.
                            Well done. Saved me from typing all that.
                            FWIW, there was 0:27 left on Privetera's first 2:00 penalty when BC scored.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Did Privitera get a 10? Never announced but he went down the tunnel after BU scored the ENG.

That was the most fun I've had in Agganis since 2009. Great game, great atmosphere. And I love that it was nationally televised. #GoodForEveryoneWhoLovesHockey

They announced Privitera's 10 way after the original 4. Made me wonder if he said or did something from the box to warrant it. Or was it just an adjustment to the original call?
                              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I heard them announce a misconduct. I think he exited the box when he wasn't supposed to, so they called it.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Working...
                                X