• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post

Teddy Bear Massacre 2012:

*****http://i.imgur.com/OkeRr.jpg******
    These bears have as many home wins as the Maine Black (and blue) Bears this season

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Too bad 50% of said good crowd left and didn't see Jerry tie the record.
      I was there. Didn't really notice the crowd because I was too busy watching the game.
      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Yup was half empty at the buzzer

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          The ones that left are called bu fans.

And speaking of bad fans, why don't the fanboys wear face paint anymore? Was there a shortage or did the task force mandate it couldn't be worn anymore so girls could more easily identify their attackers?
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            The ones that left are called bu fans.
            Good point. As you know, the two BU fangirls and their male friend sitting in the front row of the section next to us took off with around 4 mins left. Which was shocking because you would think they would have stuck around to celebrate another potential garbage goal after they acted like they just won the Beanpot after the last BU goal in garbage time earlier in the period (where even the BU players didn't celebrate). I'm not sure when the emo crowd over at BU got into hockey but someone should teach these girls a little something about the sport before giving them front row seats. Maybe they thought they were coming to see Panic at the Disco or something. I don't know.

And speaking of bad fans, why don't the fanboys wear face paint anymore? Was there a shortage or did the task force mandate it couldn't be worn anymore so girls could more easily identify their attackers?
            That's gonna leave a mark.
            Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 12-02-2012, 10:47 PM.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I don't think a single BU fan left before the final buzzer. Actually the BU fans seemed to be calling out BC fans for leaving. Also why was BU singing O Canada? That was weird.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
                Game at BU:

*****http://i.imgur.com/fRkdP.jpg******

are there boxes all the way around HAA so that there are no open areas to the concourse? I've heard its a jazzed up Tsongas and everyone has good things to say about it but if there are luxury boxes all around so that the concourse is closed in so you can't see the ice from the concourse , well, give me Tsongas, no offense intended, just my preference

Comment

I see that the new thing with the superfanboys is that they are now wearing BC Snuggies to games. I saw one at BU on Friday and there was a horde of them on Saturday. If BU fans were wearing them you would be all on top of this, a new low.

*****http://snuggieblanketshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2_boston_college1.gif******
                  Last edited by Tater; 12-03-2012, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    are there boxes all the way around HAA so that there are no open areas to the concourse? I've heard its a jazzed up Tsongas and everyone has good things to say about it but if there are luxury boxes all around so that the concourse is closed in so you can't see the ice from the concourse , well, give me Tsongas, no offense intended, just my preference
                    I think there is standing room on the ends or at least one of them? That said, Tsongas is easily my favorite arena to watch a game at in the league, though I think they've closed off a lot of the concourse with boxes there too?

Comment

Gentry, I think the Snuggie was a security thing for those few BC fans underneath said Snuggie this weekend. Haven't seen them before against any other teams. They must have thought it would take too long to get through a Snuggie and would make it less likely for them to be a sexual assault victim with the BU hockey team in attendance. Not a bad strategy since you can't get pepper spray or any other weapons through the gates of either rink.

In other news, I hear the Terriers have struck a deal with Speedo to become the official sponsor of BU hockey. This money from the sponsorship will allow BU to upgrade their sonar equipment and if there is any left over money they will look into buying new periscopes for the players as well.
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-03-2012, 07:41 AM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                        I think there is standing room on the ends or at least one of them? That said, Tsongas is easily my favorite arena to watch a game at in the league, though I think they've closed off a lot of the concourse with boxes there too?
                        you need a pass to enter one end in Tsongas, members only but it's still open to the arena . I had passes for the BC game and was in there, they did a nice job. My favorite arena by far as well, at least until i see HAA

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          Not quite all the way around, but pretty close. The light blue areas on this map are the only places you can look through from the concourse to the rink. Also the back of 118 is one large standing area, but they normally rope that off and rent it out as a group area, as it can fit more people than any luxury box.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            Not quite all the way around, but pretty close. The light blue areas on this map are the only places you can look through from the concourse to the rink. Also the back of 118 is one large standing area, but they normally rope that off and rent it out as a group area, as it can fit more people than any luxury box.
                            oh ok, i see that. Do people generally stand in those places and watch while they have a cold beer ?

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                              I was there. Didn't really notice the crowd because I was too busy watching the game.
                              Same here. And at the end of the game, I certainly didn't hear the obnoxious fanboys chanting anything. Even if they were, you couldn't hear them due to the noise being made for York. I'd imagine the shot of the fanboys during the 3rd period and as the buzzer sounded was eerily similar to that famous photo of them crying after BC smoked them in Worcester a few years back.

Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                              I don't think a single BU fan left before the final buzzer. Actually the BU fans seemed to be calling out BC fans for leaving.
                              Congrats, although I did see a few rats scurrying for the exits

I guess I don't understand calling out some opposing fans for leaving "early" when your team just got pasted.

Comment

Sad to say we didn't live up to the best of the teddy bear toss events...

This is how to do a Teddy Bear Toss... something to strive for next year!

Comment

Working...
                                X