Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Well, we have sometimes said that the team is good at beating themselves!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      Well, we have sometimes said that the team is good at beating themselves!!
      author! author!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
        I agree it was a great game by BU, but it certainly was not the absolute best game for BC. Turning pucks over, not making tape to tape passes, and playing loose defensively. There were a few individuals who played well for BC, but overall just a sloppy game when they needed to bring their best. We are not used to seeing this team grip their sticks too tight, but that's what it looked like.

BU was great. Played hard, had a stronger net presence offensively, packed it in defensively and played with more sandpaper to their game than BC. I just watched the game again and BU was clearly the better team.

BTW....the cross check on JG with 2 minutes to go was a penalty. Seriously, Jack and Co need to get over their obsession with BC diving. Kid gets cross checked in front of the net while trying to score on a rebound and they complain about diving? So what Jack was insinuating was the best player in the league decided to dive instead of stay on his feet and bury the rebound? So ridiculously absurd, it's comical.

Hoping to see a better opponent for BU tonight.
        Hope BC rebounds tonight and plays a much better game.

I was disappointed JP let his team goon it up at the end and the refs tacked on the penalties at the end. Unfortunately it was at the end of the game when time ran out.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Privitera got 4 minutes. Then Escobedo got a 2. BC scored. I thought Privitera's first 2 minute penalty was over but it wasn't. So, they should have had the faceoff still 5 on 3 (or 6 on 3 if the goalie was still pulled). So at the faceoff, there were 4 BU guys on the ice and should have been 3. Rosen touched the puck and the ref blew the whistle for too many men.
          It was actually even crazier than that. After the goal Escobedo left the box and lined up for the faceoff because he had less time left on his penalty, but all that goal did was drop 27 seconds off Privitera's. The ref correctly recognized this was wrong, explained to BU that Escobedo had to go back, but he then let an additional BU player get on the ice in place of Sean (now BU has 4 men). After the goal they realized this was wrong but didn't penalize BU because they basically told BU to commit a too many men penalty. They put 27.4 back on the clock (the time before the face off was taken) and did a complete redo. Only in Hockey East.

Comment

Perhaps I should have said best effort since they defnitely wanted to win so York could overtake the wins record over BU this weekend. Perhaps they were trying too hard and that got into their heads causing some of the sloppy play?
            I'd like to think that, but the majority of this BC team has played and succeeded in bigger games. I think BU played hard and is a really strong hockey team. We're used to seeing BC make plays and BU prevented them from executing all night.

Hoping for another good battle tonight.

Comment

since we knew we got the absolute best game out of a BC team that was trying to get York to break the wins record against their main rival.
              Late night drinking at T's Pub?
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

No excuses. BU was the better team last night. They played an excellent game. Now let's just see BC return the favor tonight.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  HE is certainly top heavy.......................great game by you guys and i was not surprised one iota by this result either. BU is an excellent team without question. The rest of the season on into the NCAA's should be fun. Eagles have to bounce back tonight, pressure is on us.

P.S. you gotta admit, the embellishment was hysterical given whats been tossed back and forth on the threads
                  Honestly nothing should have been called there in the first place. Looked like a regular hockey play to me and unworthy of either player receiving a penalty. Wouldn't mind a little less ref action in hockey east.

Comment

Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                    Honestly nothing should have been called there in the first place. Looked like a regular hockey play to me and unworthy of either player receiving a penalty. Wouldn't mind a little less ref action in hockey east.
                    agree, i didnt see anything by Wey that warranted a penalty but Rodrigues certainly did he needs acting lessons because that was horrific

Comment

• Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Does the split mean UNH gets the #1 ranking since BC split this weekend? We'll find out Monday.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010
                        Hopefully someone asks Jackie boy about his ******ing about diving followed by an embellishment call on BU every game we've played them this year.
                        Timeline of events:

1. NDakota game 2: BU-2 Garrett Noonan (2-Diving)

2. Jack goes on a drunk rant about diving and accuses two schools in hockey east of diving but will not name them. He's so brave... and SMART doing this AFTER a game in which his team was caught with the very thing Jack is trying to rid this game of.

3. BC game 1: BU-3 Sean Escobedo (2-EMBELLISHMENT)

4a. BU fanboys bring "BC school of diving" sign to EggAnus Arena
                        4b. BC game 2: BU-2 Evan Rodrigues (2-EMBELLISHMENT)

5. BC game 3: BU-4 Sean Escobedo (2-Diving) BC 2x4

That's 4 in BU's last 8 games. I think your diving team has a hockey problem, Jack. When will one of these Pulitzer winning Freep "journalists" address this BU culture issue of diving?
                        Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post

Made me think of the classic bench minor on Bavis against DU for "smiling and clapping" on a ref call. Bunyon perhaps?
                          Conrad hache
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010
                            For his sake, hopefully the players kept their hands to themselves -but based on the **** goalie chant maybe not.

Hopefully someone asks Jackie boy about his ******ing about diving followed by an embellishment call on BU every game we've played them this year.

__

Onto tonight, much better out of BC. Nice to win a game and put up some goals when Johnny didn't score (well done HE refs). I thought turning point was clearly when BU killed BC's first 5 on 3, BU was able to carry play for a while but BC weathered that storm.

I'm sure we'll meet again in 2013. Was very, very impressed with O'Connor this weekend.
                            o'connor is excellent. we will meet at least one more time. fabulous atmosphere in Conte again tonight and kudos to the animals in the corner(just kidding), they stayed until the end in a game that could easily have been 8-2

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Does the split mean UNH gets the #1 ranking since BC split this weekend? We'll find out Monday.
                              i hope UNH gets it.............they deserve it . IMO it's nothing but a pain in the arse to be #1 at this point

Comment

Congrats to York and to BC, they looked much better tonight. If O'Connor hadn't made several ridiculous saves, this game could have been out of hand. He does not deserve 5 GAA after the way he played tonight. After Milner stopped Rodrigues on the breakaway that would have made the score 2-2, BU pretty much fell apart.

Cisse needs to sit until he either contributes or stops taking dumb penalties. Noonan is also taking too many. Not to mention that he was WAAAAAAAY out of position on the 5th BC goal. Granted, Ruikka made a bad pass, but since Noonan was headed up ice, the result was a 3 on 1, with the "1" nowhere near the guy with the puck.

That call on Escobedo was pretty ridiculous. Already down a man, he gets called for a full dive, not even an embellishment to go with a hook? It would be pretty impressive to be able to spin the way he did without the BC player getting his stick in there. Anyway, I'm glad the BC fans are having so much fun with all the diving/embellishment irony.

Arnold's second goal was ridiculous. I mean, there was literally one puck's width worth of room to get that thing in (one of the TV camera angles shows it beautifully). One inch in either direction and it does not go in.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X