No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    Really? Exactly what do you think she should have said that would satisfy you but not turn it into criticism of Giesen? That should be an interesting needle the thread.

And when you make a big point of accusing someone of lying about their motivations for saying something, you're on pretty shaky ground for getting snippy when someone else expresses skepticism about your own motivations.
    You seem to want to protect Giesson from his unfortunate reality.

It seems from the players' remarks that he was respected and appreciated. So to answer your question, and there's many different ways she "could" have worded it while being truthful, as an example she "could" have said "he's done a wonderful job here with our student/athletes (and maybe elaborate on that a bit) but unfortunately despite his best efforts it didn't translate into as much success on the ice that we feel our program needs. We wish him all the best in his future endeavours."

Nothing complicated, just respectful honesty instead of slight of hand phrasing.

As was mentioned by another poster his response was a mature and objective one...he took it well. He's a big boy and doesn't need to be protected from the reality of his situation and no dumping on him is required. And I'm sure he has been aware this possibility for a while so it shouldn't have been a complete surprise to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      "He's done a wonderful job here...we're just going in a different direction."

What a bunch of politically correct mumbo jumbo!

Translation: "He's done a wonderful job here so we're firing him. And the different direction that that we thought we should pursue is one that includes winning."

She could have diplomatically spoken the truth instead of using bureaucratic double talk.
      What the definition of "is" is......that was political mumbo jumbo, what you've pointed out....was just courteous.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSandy View Post
        You seem to be a big supporter of Fetter, you his agent, or Miss Fetter?
        I do happen to know both Trillium and Ms Fetter. They are NOT the same person.

Comment

It is going to be tough for SCSU to improve, if improvement is measured by wins.
          Let's look at that:

If you are the bottom team, if you win just once against one of the top 3 teams , you've accomplished something.
          So going 1-11 against the top 3 wouldn't be all that bad
          stealing one game against each of the middle two teams would be about as good as can be expected.
          so that makes you 3-17
          and splitting against the 2 other teams on the bottom would be average
          so 7-21 is about as good as it gets for the bottom teams

to move up, or get more wins, somebody else is going to have to win less and move down
          just look at what Bemidji did this year, that shows how tough it is for change to ocurr

IMO, the teams are much closer in skill & talent than the W-L would suggest
          and to improve in the standings or W-L, it is much more difficult when you consider the teams and schools
          maybe the success of the men's program at SCSU will eventually spill over to the women
          certainly college hockey fans across Canada and US are more aware now that they have a Hobey Baker winner and the recent success

but it isn't going to be easy, especially if they keep changing coaches unless they bring in someone with name recognition and a lot of contacts
          few, if any, of those people are going to want to coach a woman's team, not to mention in St. Cloud

Comment

Not sure if all the coaching staff was let go, I don't think so, there was no press release about coach Fetter not coming back. My guess is that he will be given the chance to apply for the head coach position. If he is hired, I hope his wife is not part of the staff, sometimes you need a "buffer" between the head coach and his assistants. Not always , but the good cop, bad cop analogy can be used to describe the relationship between head and assistant coaches. I don't think that would be the case if his wife was his assistant, if fact, it would be a terrible idea. You can't have a married couple coaching a div 1 team, it would not be healthy for the players or team.

Comment

• [QUOTE
              but it isn't going to be easy, especially if they keep changing coaches unless they bring in someone with name recognition and a lot of contacts
              few, if any, of those people are going to want to coach a woman's team, not to mention in St. Cloud[/QUOTE]
              I agree, it won't be easy, but it had to be done (coaching change).
              They haven't changed coaches in 8 years, so that's not a issue. What's wrong with coaching a womens team?, and what's wrong with St. Cloud? I'm sure you are aware of the success of the SC men's program, no issues there.

Comment

You can't have a married couple coaching a div 1 team, it would not be healthy for the players or team.
                Doesn't seem to have had a negative effect on Clarkson, although they are co-head coaches as opposed to head and assistant coaches.

Maybe that makes all the difference but even as co-head coaches I would imagine that your division of labour and responsibilities would have to be quite clear in order to avoid personal friction between the two which if not avoided would seem unlikely to not flow down to the team and affect the players.

Comment

[QUOTE
                  few, if any, of those people are going to want to coach a woman's team, not to mention in St. Cloud
                  I agree, it won't be easy, but it had to be done (coaching change).
                  They haven't changed coaches in 8 years, so that's not a issue. What's wrong with coaching a womens team?, and what's wrong with St. Cloud? I'm sure you are aware of the success of the SC men's program, no issues there.[/QUOTE]

ask the people that don't coach a women's team

not exactly the mecca of colleges, even for people from St. Cloud, may as well be North Hennepin Community College
                  and not exactly a place that makes anybody's top 100, or even 1000 places to live

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    not exactly the mecca of colleges, even for people from St. Cloud, may as well be North Hennepin Community College
                    and not exactly a place that makes anybody's top 100, or even 1000 places to live
                    What you are basically saying then is that having made the NCAA tournament two years in a row Bob Motzko is the greatest coach in the history of college hockey.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• [QUOTE=pokechecker;
                      ask the people that don't coach a women's team
                      and not exactly a place that makes anybody's top 100, or even 1000 places to live[/QUOTE]

This post might be one of the worse ever, it makes no sense in so many levels. Thank you for discrediting yourself, from here on, your posts and opinion are worthless, well done, not easy to do

Comment

This post might be one of the worse ever, it makes no sense in so many levels. Thank you for discrediting yourself, from here on, your posts and opinion are worthless, well done, not easy to do
                        you'd really be mad if you had asked what I thought of McGregor

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSandy View Post
                          One quick last thing Gvsualumni, You mentioned the u-18 canada connections, Jim has never brought in a player from the u-18 program. Wish the Fetters the best of luck, wether its here in St Cloud or somewhere else .
                          He did bring Delayne Brian from Canada's u18 team to wsu
                          Proud to be a wayne state fan,BLESSED TO BE AN AMERICAN !!

It's nice to be important,but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

FWIW, Ms. Fetter was scouting at USA Nationals this past weekend. I suspect Mr. Fetter was at PWHL this weekend.

Comment

The longer it takes to announce a coach, the more I think Fetter will be chosen the new coach. I have mixed feelings, he has been the face of recruiting before Giessen was let go, and obviously since then. You could argue that last years freshman class was the best in some years, but was it good enough? This years class doesnt come with a lot of fanfare, dont think any of them were with u 18 national teams, but again, neither was last years class. I wonder when a coach change happens, if that affects any of the recruits that have committed.

Comment

The longer it takes to announce a coach, the more I think Fetter will be chosen the new coach. I have mixed feelings, he has been the face of recruiting before Giessen was let go, and obviously since then. You could argue that last years freshman class was the best in some years, but was it good enough? This years class doesnt come with a lot of fanfare, dont think any of them were with u 18 national teams, but again, neither was last years class. I wonder when a coach change happens, if that affects any of the recruits that have committed.
                                There is bound to be a few de-commits when there is a coaching change. You see this in other sports in the NCAA

Comment

Working...
                                X