No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    So...safe to assume Giesen as actively searching for three sisters named Hanson as future Huskies then?
    So, you SAW the game today? Something you don't often see--two 2 minute minors on the Huskies at the same time. Then, during the 5-3, SCSU takes a 5 minute major!! We are not a very good team, and when we play cheap, we really don't give ourselves much of a chance, do we? The gophers looked like they had to endure the season-ending series, and didn't have a lot of get-up-and-go. Who really would playing SCSU? The obvious bright spot for the Huskies on the weekend was Soph. goaltender Julie Friend. She played very well the entire two games.

I also thought that throughout the year, the play of the SCSU defenders improved quite a bit. The forwards, however, are a different story. Half couldn't hit the ocean from the dock, and the other half couldn't get the puck past the goal line outside of 10 feet!

Yes, there is recruiting to do, but I would recommend some forwards over 5' tall--not any more "goons"----

Comment

I have never seen Mira Jalosuo go after someone like she did Callie Dahl after came out of the box for drilling Sarah Davis in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
        I have never seen Mira Jalosuo go after someone like she did Callie Dahl after came out of the box for drilling Sarah Davis in the head.
        And, unfortunately, with good reason. Cheap hockey is cheap hockey--no matter if it is my team or your team. The coach should have some influence on that. Quite frankly, some of the "home town" play this year was embarrassing for this fan.

Comment

Oh crap! We have to play Bucky--and Bucky always beats us by 7 or 8 goals in the playoffs . .

Maybe our new GOON squad woulda had a chance against the naughty twins in GF.

Comment

I don't know -- the Whioux are pretty good at the extracurriculars. At least G.F. would be a little shorter drive and you may have wound up on YouTube. Seven or eight will be a challenge for this year's UW squad to reach, but they likely won't let you turn on many goal lights. Good luck. It was nice to see you and Top Row again.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Well today will be the end of the season and hopefully the Giesen era. One can hope right?

Comment

Does he have a year left on his contract? I doubt SCSU would buy him out.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                  Does he have a year left on his contract? I doubt SCSU would buy him out.
                  Yes, I believe he does have a year left and hope they part ways with that joke of a HC.

Comment

And another quick and tidy end to a season that always seems too long. Next year the "stage one" of the NHEC will be complete, so visitors will have a much nicer venue. On the ice, I have no idea. Somewhere, somehow the Huskies need to find someone (preferably plural) to put the puck in the net.

It is always fun to read the posts from the other programs--good, insightful and mostly respectful opinions that are a bit classier than the D-I Men's message board. This SCSU fan appreciates the kind words of other hockey fans--often, much more positive and hopeful than some of my own opinions.

It is always an exciting time when UMD visits, just to watch their coach.

Impressed by the skills of JLam, MLam, Decker, McParland, Kuehl, Tarr, and most of the Gopher contingent. Impressed with the spirit and fun side of Emily Erickson--who readily accepted being adopted by the Sin Bin Crew.

Looking forward to seeing the "favorite visitors" back in St. Cloud next year. Good luck to all remaining teams--and I really don't see an upset of the defending champs. The Gophers are a truly special team this season.

And a note to the Big Shots of the Big Ten: LEAVE WOMEN'S HOCKEY ALONE!!!

Comment

Going to Pittsburgh! Congrats Husky fans!
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I second the congratulations. Come on Huskies, win one for The Boomer!

Comment

Wrong Huskies in my opinion but good luck against QU.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                            Wrong Huskies in my opinion ...
                            I don't know. With that "Huskies! Huskies! Huskies" intro, maybe they represent all of the huskies. Can't really advocate cheering for the lesser-known team, because it would be hard to say who that is.

Comment

2013-2014 Husky roster:

http://www.scsuhuskies.com/roster.aspx?path=whockey
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Asst Coach Brita Schroeder Bragnalo missing???

FYI, goalie Katie Fitzgerald looked great in summer skates.

Comment

Working...
                                X