No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

HA! The rejuvenated SCSU Huskies have vaulted to a 5 point lead over the Beav's from Bemidji with a 4-2 win Friday.

As you know, (??) the Huskies are only 4 points behind Mankato--with a game in hand!

Machine Gun Molli Mott led the Huskies with a goal and assist--the goal being the game winner.

It will be a festive crowd for today's matinee at 2:07. Unfortunately, most of the festivities will revolve around Bemidji's senior, Emily Erickson. For some reason, several of the Sin Bin Crew at SCSU have adopted Emily, and treat her to many M&M's, cards and signage. Some of the illigitimate "Emily Erickson Fan Club" may be cheering for her--but only when she is on the ice. (Fan Club slogan: "#10 in your program, #1 in our hearts."

Comment

The Huskies are downright explosive this year. Three players have already topped the 16 points that Brittany Toor had last season, the highest mark since the days of Roberts, Nelson, Hogan, and Pezon.

As for BSU's E.E., she's a finesse player. One penalty for two minutes on the season -- what use does the Sin Bin Crew have for the likes of her?
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        The Huskies are downright explosive this year. Three players have already topped the 16 points that Brittany Toor had last season, the highest mark since the days of Roberts, Nelson, Hogan, and Pezon.

As for BSU's E.E., she's a finesse player. One penalty for two minutes on the season -- what use does the Sin Bin Crew have for the likes of her?
        It all started in either her freshman or sophomore season. Bemidji is ready to take the ice, and Skeeterman asked if any of the waiting players wanted popcorn. EE nodded her head, and then proceeded to catch every kernel that Skeets threw! Kolorful Ken began gifting M&M's shortly thereafter, and the rest is history.

And they say SCSU women's hockey has little tradition . . .

Comment

Rescued (?) from page 3! Since the last time, it is believed that the Huskies will, indeed, compete the WCHA schedule for the year. Since the last time, the Huskies (who once owned a 5 pt. lead over Bemidji to escape last place) have again dropped some games and are in 8th place.

I hate to say it, but CrazyDave might be right--the Huskies may "get" to play the U of M Gophers on consecutive weekends. I thought I heard somewhere that the Gophers haven't lost many games this year . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
            ... the Huskies may "get" to play the U of M Gophers on consecutive weekends.
            If you can get a win in Mankato, then maybe not. I think that SCSU has the tiebreaker over the Beavers, who finish with Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Comment

If you can get a win in Mankato, then maybe not. I think that SCSU has the tiebreaker over the Beavers, who finish with Minnesota and Wisconsin.
              I predict that the Beavers will pick up one point vs the Gophers .... and 2 points vs the Badgers So SCSU is going to need more than one win over the next two weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Fever View Post
                So SCSU is going to need more than one win over the next two weekends.
                Thus the maybe.

Is it just me, or has Minnesota been the opponent for an inordinate number of SCSU Senior Days over the years?

Comment

Thus the maybe.

Is it just me, or has Minnesota been the opponent for an inordinate number of SCSU Senior Days over the years?
                  It's just you.

This year, yes, the Gophs will be sending off our seniors. Last year SCSU ended the home part of the regular season against Bemidji. In the 2010-'11 season, Huskies ended with Mankato. Then, in 2009-'10, the Huskies last home game was against the Minnesota Gophers--with a 6-3 WIN. They lost the night before at Ridder. . .

And, IMO, "Fever" may HAVE a fever by predicting the Beavers will pick up any points against either U of M or Ms. Bucky.

Comment

Yes, the Huskies own the tie breaker against Bemidji by winning three of four games this season against the Beav's.

Comment

Why do you think I'm skipping next weekend?

In all seriousness, I haven't seen my niece or nephew in over 7 months, so I'm putting up with riding in a vehicle many hours with my parents to go see them. (And better now than during the playoffs. )
                      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

It's just you.

This year, yes, the Gophs will be sending off our seniors. Last year SCSU ended the home part of the regular season against Bemidji. In the 2010-'11 season, Huskies ended with Mankato. Then, in 2009-'10, the Huskies last home game was against the Minnesota Gophers--with a 6-3 WIN.
                        We were also there for your final regular season home game in 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, and 2000.

They lost the night before at Ridder. . .
                        Actually, it was a tie and the Huskies won the shootout, part of the slump that cost Goph's the WCHA title outright. Sigh.

Comment

We were also there for your final regular season home game in 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, and 2000.

Actually, it was a tie and the Huskies won the shootout, part of the slump that cost Goph's the WCHA title outright. Sigh.
                          As you can clearly see, my calendar doesn't go back as far as yours! Please do not say anything about how high my elavator goes . . .

BTW, the Huskies tied and won the shootout tonight against the 'Kato squad. There is definite hope now that the SCSU team may escape the cellar! One point to get, and 7th is ours!!

Comment

Please do not say anything about how high my elavator goes . . .
                            All the way to the penthouse. Me -- I don't even have an elevator; have to use the fire escape.

Comment

My suspicion is it'll be the Beavers returning to Ridder in the 1st round. They may arrive with some confidence in their pocket as well with a strong effort in an OT loss.

The Huskies @ No Dak? Huskies @ UW?
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

So...safe to assume Giesen as actively searching for three sisters named Hanson as future Huskies then?
                                Last edited by brookyone; 02-23-2013, 04:12 PM.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X