No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

That's funny. From the Hux Report of commitments, I believe SCSU has TWO commitments for 2014-15 and ZERO for 2015-16. Geez, hope the Huskies don't lose too many . . .

I suppose the Fetter's have the inside track. Not much (if any) info in the St. Cloud Times on the hiring process, who is being interviewed, when this will all happen, etc.

For all I know, maybe the women's program has already hired a new coach! IMO, they could do a LOT worse than naming ex-Huskie Caitlin Hogan as the new coach. She is in California doing some coaching at this time. All she would have to do is win about 5 games the first year, and the locals would see vast improvement!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
      IMO, they could do a LOT worse than naming ex-Huskie Caitlin Hogan as the new coach.
      She could make the greatest impact as a player/coach. The Huskies have had a tough time locating the net ever since Hogan's class graduated.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Jumping into convo late....but I'm assuming SCSU hires experienced college coach? Would they go to high school level?

Comment

No. Has there been a high school coach go to DI without any college experience? I think Sertich at BSU (formerly) may have had college experience before Roseville HS. I guess I'm not sure...
          Recruiting experience is a must. Most job postings will say at least 5 years college experience.
          Last edited by 123kidd; 04-28-2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
            Recruiting experience is a must.
            That requirement wouldn't eliminate all high school coaches from consideration.

Comment

I also don't believe SCSU will go to the high school level for a coach; BUT as Eeyore stated there may be high school coaches who would qualify for with the "at least 5 years college experience" part. Just curious that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by mncoach View Post
                I also don't believe SCSU will go to the high school level for a coach; BUT as Eeyore stated there may be high school coaches who would qualify for with the "at least 5 years college experience" part. Just curious that's all.
                Hmmn. I obviously didn't make my implication clear enough.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 123kidd View Post

Recruiting experience is a must.
                  That requirement wouldn't eliminate all high school coaches from consideration.

It was funny. Clear and true.

Comment

Best guess of when a new coach will be hired is late May/early June. Resumes of interested candidates will be reviewed, then phone interviews of those qualifiers and finally an on-campus visit/interview.

My "shot in the dark" pick is Laura Haldorson. Hey, you never know . . .

Comment

SCSU has gone through the applicants and has their top handful of candidates?

Comment

• [QUOTE=
                        My "shot in the dark" pick is Laura Haldorson. Hey, you never know . . .[/QUOTE]
                        Laura hasn't coached since 2008. I'm not sure what she's been doing since leaving the Gophers. I heard that the AD told the girls/players that a new coach would be in place for early to mid May. It can't help recruiting purposes when you don't have a coach. I heard that one player de-committed because of the uncertainty of a new coach. Their class seems to be small so far, hope that all changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSandy View Post
                          Laura hasn't coached since 2008. I'm not sure what she's been doing since leaving the Gophers. I heard that the AD told the girls/players that a new coach would be in place for early to mid May. It can't help recruiting purposes when you don't have a coach. I heard that one player de-committed because of the uncertainty of a new coach. Their class seems to be small so far, hope that all changes.
                          As you know, you can't decommit if you signed an NLI. If you didn't sign, you didn't get money - so not a top recruit. Any 2015 or younger would be dumb to decommit until they knew who they new coach was. Why? Why not wait? Unless you were going to decommit anyway and just used this as an excuse to back out of your verbal commitment to the school.

Also, during the recruiting process, you know what coaches contracts are up and may not get renewed. This wasn't a termination early. This shouldn't have come as a surprise to any SCS recruit who committed.
                          Last edited by 96IllinoisDad; 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
                            As you know, you can't decommit if you signed an NLI. If you didn't sign, you didn't get money - so not a top recruit. Any 2015 or younger would be dumb to decommit until they knew who they new coach was. Why? Why not wait? Unless you were going to decommit anyway and just used this as an excuse to back out of your verbal commitment to the school.
                            You don't have to sign a NLI to get money or participate. Some top recruits won't sign them.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...d=ob_siwriters

Comment

Also, during the recruiting process, you know what coaches contracts are up and may not get renewed. This wasn't a termination early. This shouldn't have come as a surprise to any SCS recruit who committed.
                              You can contact the school and have them release you. Obviously SCSU would try to convince the player to wait until a coach is named and stay committed, but the player may have other opportunites and want to move on. What school in their right mind (especially one without a coach) is going to force a player who doesn't want to be there to attend - how much of a cancer would that be on the team? They wouuld release and move on.

Comment

As you know, you can't decommit if you signed an NLI. If you didn't sign an NLI then in the real world and especially at SCS, you didn't get money - so not a top recruit. Any 2015 or younger would be dumb to decommit until they knew who they new coach was. Why? Why not wait? Unless you were going to decommit anyway and just used this as an excuse to back out of your verbal commitment to the school.

Okay, I amend my original statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X