No announcement yet.

St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud State University HUSKIES!!

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2014...606143541.aspx

New dog in town. Looks kind of mean...
    Not quite as mean-looking as the mascot of our local basketball team, but I do see a slight resemblance:
    http://www.sports-logos-screensavers...berwolves2.jpg
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      http://www.scsuhuskies.com/news/2014...606143541.aspx

New dog in town. Looks kind of mean...
      Put some bacon in your pocket and he'll be harmless

Comment

Now that the Fetters have landed at OHA, (Penticton) what type Of assistants would be best suited for SCWH , someone with NCAA experience, or do you look at the high school level of coaches pool?
        Maybe one of each ?
        Last edited by BigSandy; 06-13-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Off the coaching topic so I apologize but I figured that this was the thread to ask for recommendations for decent hotels and things to do in the St. Cloud area in the summer? Difficult to figure out from the interwebs. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

Let the useless speculation begin. Any idea who gets the assistant spots?

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
              Off the coaching topic so I apologize but I figured that this was the thread to ask for recommendations for decent hotels and things to do in the St. Cloud area in the summer? Difficult to figure out from the interwebs. Thanks for any suggestions.
              I think the Holiday Inn downtown is an OK hotel, reasonably modern, a restaurant, located on the banks of the Mississippi within easy walking distance of the Saint Cloud campus. Things to do? Geez, that's a little harder. If you are a geologist maybe. There has been extensive quarrying of granite in the area. Saint Cloud sometimes referred to as the Granite City, abandoned quarry outside town is a county park, very pretty spot. Huge active quarry still operating in town mostly for crushed granite for railroad ballast and road construction. In nearby Cold Spring they are still quarrying granite for slabs for building material, granite tile, building facades, counter tops and like that. There is fishing nearby that is excellent, I think bicycling in the area is pretty good with connections to multi-use trails maintained by the state.

Saint Cloud and nearby areas are really, really pretty but it is a not a very large city.
              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Thanks for the info- very much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                  Thanks for the info- very much appreciated.
                  There's a Northern League baseball team if they're in town.

Comment

Originally posted by wpiguy View Post
                    Let the useless speculation begin. Any idea who gets the assistant spots?
                    after they read in this thread of the things to do in St. Cloud, probably nobody.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      after they read in this thread of the things to do in St. Cloud, probably nobody.
                      Thats funny. Kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
                        I think the Holiday Inn downtown is an OK hotel, reasonably modern, a restaurant, located on the banks of the Mississippi within easy walking distance of the Saint Cloud campus.
                        Saint Cloud and nearby areas are really, really pretty but it is a not a very large city.
                        Yes, there is a large Holiday Inn, but on the west side of town, not downtown. That hotel is the Kelly Inn--with attached Green Mill restaurant. Many other good restaurants in town. Great access to several top notch golf courses. Take a tour of the campus of St. Cloud State University. Close by there is St. John's U, St. Benedict's College. Free concerts at Lake George every Wednesday night during the summer. . .

St. Cloud is the regional retail center with lots of shopping. The Radisson Hotel is right next to the Kelly Inn.
                        Last edited by The Boomer; 06-14-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Anyone want to guess line combinations. Yes, missing hockey!

Comment

I guess it is a little early for line combinations, specially since the roster is not full. I'm wondering if the coach is still trying to recruit any transfers ? At this point they don't have any assistant coaches either. Any guesses who might be good candidates?

Comment

Originally posted by BigSandy View Post
                              I'm wondering if the coach is still trying to recruit any transfers ?
                              I sure hope not!
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The following two players are listed in the D1 14-15 commit thread but not on the roster. Anyone know why?

St. Cloud State
                                Brittney Anderson ................D ...........................(Hill-Murray) ..........................Hudson, WI
                                Emma Turbyville ..................D ..............................(SSM) .................................Chicago IL

Comment

Working...
                                X