X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Thread IV

Earlier predictions:

Minnesota-Duluth @ Boston College I'm going with a split Check!

New Hampshire @ Wisconsin Another split! Missed one here. Wisconsin seems to be getting their act together...you knew it was just a matter of time.

Bemidji State @ Ohio State Buckeyes sweep Check.

Minnesota @ North Dakota Gophers all the way! (but it won't be easy) Check.

Minnesota State @ Mercyhurst Mercyhurst sweep Check.

St. Cloud State @ Providence Another evenly contested WCHA/Hockey East series - and another split With their tie on Saturday, St. Cloud gets just one point.

So all in all, given how unpredictable things have been this year, a pretty good week I'd say!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Earlier predictions:

Minnesota-Duluth @ Boston College I'm going with a split Check!

New Hampshire @ Wisconsin Another split! Missed one here. Wisconsin seems to be getting their act together...you knew it was just a matter of time.

Bemidji State @ Ohio State Buckeyes sweep Check.

Minnesota @ North Dakota Gophers all the way! (but it won't be easy) Check.

Minnesota State @ Mercyhurst Mercyhurst sweep Check.

St. Cloud State @ Providence Another evenly contested WCHA/Hockey East series - and another split With their tie on Saturday, St. Cloud gets just one point.

So all in all, given how unpredictable things have been this year, a pretty good week I'd say!
      Indeed...a good job of accurate prognostication. I hope you're wrong regarding the UW assessment...but I doubt you are.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
        Indeed...a good job of accurate prognostication.
        Quite honestly, many of these matchups are but a flip of the coin. It comes down to some unknown mixture of which team has the better talent, and which one wants it more - on any given day.

I hope you're wrong regarding the UW assessment...but I doubt you are.
        And of course I hope I'm wrong too! In a couple of months we'll see if end up looking back at this weekend's sweep as a turning point in their season.

Comment

Ohio State @ St. Cloud State

Minnesota @ Minnesota-Duluth

Minnesota State @ Wisconsin

Clarkson @ North Dakota

Also...the Whitecaps are at Bemidji for an exhibition on Thurs. the 1st.

Recaps from this weekend: http://www.wcha.com/women/index.php
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

St. Cloud State stuck in Providence

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
              Ouch. The Buckeyes might make it to the National Hockey Center before the Huskies get there.
              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                Ouch. The Buckeyes might make it to the National Hockey Center before the Huskies get there.
                Yikes! Hope the Huskies make it back to St. Cloud safely. Well, it is windy here in Ohio, but thankfully, I have electricity, internet, and DirecTV (for the time being ... this hurricane thing isn't over yet). Granted, we're not going to be taking a direct hit, but we are definitely feeling some effects. I'm more concerned about friends out east. Hey, congrats on that sweep in Grand Forks last weekend. Your team is clearly the class of the league, no question about it. Your team is scary good this year, maybe better than last year's team, if that is even possible. Cannot wait to see you all in Columbus. Hope some of you make it down!

Comment

We have all heard that the SCSU Huskies sometimes appear "lost"--but that mainly meant by their play on the ice.

This "can't get out of Providence" thing is going a bit too far!!

Comment

One can hardly blame the Huskies for seeking divine Providence. But as is so often the case, the lesson is be careful what you wish for.

To Everyone from St. Cloud stuck in RI: We all hope next weekend's series is unaffected. But the main thing is to be safe, both now and when you finally get to travel home.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      One can hardly blame the Huskies for seeking divine Providence. But as is so often the case, the lesson is be careful what you wish for.

To Everyone from St. Cloud stuck in RI: We all hope next weekend's series is unaffected. But the main thing is to be safe, both now and when you finally get to travel home.
                      Article from Providence Journal -- Huskies headed back to Minnesota on Wednesday.

http://news.providencejournal.com/sp...de-island.html
                      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

I could have envisioned a different out of the box solution, with less stress on all, if teams were not able to fly by Thursday......

UNH is stuck out West, and SCSU is stuck out east........

UNH could play at SCSU against whomever is coming in (OHIO State), and SCSU could play SLU at the Whitt.

Comment

Though now moot, that's actually really clever.

Yes, it would raise some issues. As just one example, SCSU/OSU is a conference series, while UNH/SLU is non-conference. Can't really imagine how such replacement games could be used in the WCHA league standings. But had the hurricane's timing been even more problematic, your proposed swap just might have been the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                            UNH could play at SCSU against whomever is coming in (OHIO State), and SCSU could play SLU at the Whitt.
                            That actually is a better swap than most because both SCSU's home -- the National Hockey Center -- and the Whitt have big ice sheets.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Ohio State @ St. Cloud State: I'm going to take a shot at the split here. Possible long shot with the week the Huskies are having.

Minnesota @ Minnesota-Duluth: Gophers remain undefeated and untied. I'll be there Friday to relive wonderful memories of March 2012

Minnesota State @ Wisconsin: Split

Clarkson @ North Dakota: Clarkson takes two. Might think differently if Karvinen was set to play

Also...the Whitecaps are at Bemidji for an exhibition on Thurs. the 1st: Going with the Whitecaps

Recaps from this weekend: http://www.wcha.com/women/index.php
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Ohio State @ St. Cloud State I believe the Buckeyes will take two from the travel-weary Huskies.

Minnesota @ Minnesota-Duluth UMD has been tough to score against, but the Gophers will find ways and prevail in both.

Minnesota State @ Wisconsin Pains me to say it, but I think Bucky sweeps at home.

Clarkson @ North Dakota Should be a great series. I'm going with a split.

Also...the Whitecaps are at Bemidji for an exhibition on Thurs. the 1st. Just about impossible to predict the outcome of any game involving the Whitecaps, as you never know if enough players will show up. Assuming they have at least three lines of forwards and two sets of D, I think they will squeak out a win.
                                Last edited by D2D; 10-31-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X