X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    FYP -- at least it should be.
    Sorry to have to ask, but what does "FYP" mean...

("fixed your post" doesn't seem to make sense here?)

Comment

• Originally posted by llama View Post
      Sorry to have to ask, but what does "FYP" mean...

("fixed your post" doesn't seem to make sense here?)
      He added a '#' before Neumann's National Championship, which some believe should have been vacated, thus he "fixed" norm's post :P
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        He added a '#' before Neumann's National Championship, which some believe should have been vacated, thus he "fixed" norm's post :P
        Ahhh....got it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          I actually done live under a bridge, but do "internet" trolls live under something different? Its really not getting under peoples skins, more or less just the truth most of the time. Sorry you don't like the fact Utica has never seen the day of the NCAAs (BTW still one of my Pool C picks) sorry Utica has struggled (to put it nicely) against Neumann for well ever, sorry some people can't get a grasp on how the NCAA selections work (or have been done for years), sorry Utica plays 85%+ of their NC games at home year in year out but your coach has the gaul to call out other teams for not playing road games, sorry I've been to the Aud a few times to learn more about what someone did the night before and how Aunt Betty was doing down in Florida, Im sorry "some" people feel we might as well skip the playoffs and just hand Utica the trophey because they beat Oswego...twice. (yet was blown out by Cortland), Im sorry some people cry and cry and pout like a 5th grader who just got cut in the lunch line because their not "ranked" high enough and or not getting the "respect" they deserve. And while I agree, im not sure what's more comical, the rankings or the responses. But when youve been following DIII hockey for 20+ years you've seen it, lived it, and bought the t-shirt to prove it especially here on the boards and the old boards. From the old bigger than life Middlebury posters to the RIT days to the Geneseo/Fredonia posters on slaught to the Adrian days. We've seen teams come and go, trophies being left at center ice, posters come and go, teams rise and fall yet three things always stay the same:
          1) someone always gets screwed
          2) someone always thinks their team is "the best" or gets "no respect"
          3) I will always speak my mind and don't really care what anyone thinks, but 9 times out of 10 ill have some facts to back up my statements. Thanks and have a wonderful day :-)

PS I have a lot to say about my "5" loss team, but I am a realist who looks at more then just "my" team. Do I think Plattsburgh (a 5 loss team) could win the NCAA title? Sure. Plattsburgh beat Oswego in Oswego, was anyone crying and carrying on like its the end of the world about how Plattsburghs not ranked above Oswego? Not from me. And don't worry, I once knew a young poster on here (more the other board) who was much like that years ago, he now is one of the most informative posters here. Love and admire the passion some posters have for their team.

About Plattsburgh since someone asked. Of the teams in the Top 15 Plattsburgh have the most freshman playing in at least half of their teams games. Meaning, Plattsburgh is young (11 freshman playing on average in 3/4 of Plattsburghs games). 12-5-1, 7-1-1 2nd in SUNYAC 1 point out of 1st, 4th in PK, last in PIM, 16th in PP and most importantly 6th in team defense.... not to shabby with such a young team.

But anyways carry on. Maybe we can all meet up in Lake Placid and sing a happy song. Maybe make some smores over the camp fire, I think there is a bridge or two in Placid I can stay at.....
          Well now, aren't you just a ray of sunshine?

Comment

• Originally posted by llama View Post
            Well now, aren't you just a ray of sunshine?
            Hey I try. Glad you got a good laugh.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
              He is an internet troll. Nothing more... nothing less. He knows that it gets under the skin of certain posters on here and it has been going on for multiple seasons now. Ignoring him doesn't help.
              You haven't been paying attention...or reading his posts. While I don't always agree with Remys "politics", his reporting is usually well thought out, and factually accurate. His pre season team by team analysis of the SUNYAC the last couple years is always well done and comprehensive. I don't see anything close to his writing in this thread. He calls them as he sees them as I respect that. Sorry, but you guys are this years Genny. Look it up.
              Last edited by OZFEST; 01-25-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Haha really? A team Utica hasn't had a winning record against in 6 years. A team that is 14-3-2 over the past 19 games vs Utica. Has a National Title and more apperances (okay heck Potsdam has more NCAA apperances then Utica). I don't know that's probably one team Utica (fans) might not want to be chuckling at....
                Calm your **** amigo. I made a winky face and was kidding completely. Neumann is a team we have to take as seriously as playing Oswego or Hobart. They play us tough every time.
                Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Plattsburgh beat Oswego in Oswego, was anyone crying and carrying on like its the end of the world about how Plattsburghs not ranked above Oswego? Not from me.
                  Well, why would you be..?

I saw that game, and Platty was spinning around like so many tops in their own end in the 3rd while Oswego peppered their net non-stop. I think the Lakers hit three posts in the final period alone, and PSU just barely managed to survive the onslaught... It was not an impressive performance by Platty at all. (And yes, I was rooting for the underdog, as usual.)

All that aside, the point being made here by Utica-followers is that you come off as a windbag with an angry agenda. Your blowhard posts regarding Utica's lack of success in the past.. Why bother with them?

It's no secret that UC hasn't had a legitimate claim to NCAA consideration since maybe 2004, and I don't remember a single UC fan saying anything to the contrary... So why are you here, making irrelevant arguments about the past, and being an annoyance in the process?

Do you visit every other team thread to point that sort of thing out, too? You could keep yourself pretty busy on, say, the ____ thread. (Fill in the blank; there are lots of them, and spare us your hot wind, please.)
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                    You haven't been paying attention...or not reading his posts. While I don't always agree with Remys "politics", his reporting is usually well thought out, and factually accurate. His pre season team by team analysis of the SUNYAC the last couple years is always well done and comprehensive. I don't see anything close to his writing in this thread. He calls them as he sees them as I respect that. Sorry, but you guys are this years Genny. Look it up.
                    Maybe you should look up Utica vs. Oswego this year, and shut it... Who said anything about Genny on here, aside from you?

Your comments are as unwelcome and as irrelevant in this context as those of your good buddy, PSU. Nobody here even reads them, as a general rule. (I actually asked a couple of people!)

Please leave us to talk about the nuts and bolts of Utica hockey, as opposed to you just showing up here in a bad mood when your mom yells at you for leaving the bathroom light on, with you having nothing of any interest to contribute.

Thank you very much.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2013, 02:19 AM.

Comment

(Directed at people who have actually seen UC play...)

This is going to be a tough weekend of hockey for Utica; the ECAC-W is a little down this season, but still the strongest league in the East, and quite easily... Hate to admit this, but I'd be OK with a split.

I'll get a little more greedy if UC gets-by Neumann tomorrow, since I see them as a better team than M'ville this year, but either team is perfectly capable of winning up here.

It's not as though Utica has lured some hapless small college (eg. Amherst) to play here right now. No more easy wins are ahead of them. The W-conference games are in full swing, and that situation has been Utica's undoing in the past.

Still, I'm looking forward to it, and GO PIONEERS!
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2013, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        PSU I have been restraining but you really are a goof. You and your peewee D3 mentality. Will you please stay on your own thread.Talk about current events, just because you have "five" losses this year, nothing good to say about your own team, so you come here. UC's not even my #1 team but you go wayy overboard. Talk about "THIS" year like everyone else...not the past !
                        Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Big win, and it might have come against the toughest opponent left on UC's schedule.

NU 2013 was pretty-much just another Dawes NU team, IMO: they have two scary lines, great goaltending, and are physically strong and obviously well-coached. They worked hard, and contested everything UC tried to do tonight. (They played a smart game, too... Best trap I've seen in years, in the early going.) Overall, NU is the best team I've seen UC face all season.

Utica's team-speed was the difference, which has often been the case in '12-'13. I haven't seen another team that can skate with them so far.

The officiating was curious tonight. I saw but one of the 18 infractions called (the UC slash in the 1st). The rest appeared to phantom-calls against both teams, while they ignored 3 obvious trips... I hope those guys are better at their day-jobs.

Hate to sound greedy, but another W tomorrow v. M'ville would be lovely. (That would greatly improve Utica's chances for home-ice in the conference tournament, too.)
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-26-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Unreal ! The "naysayers" haven't much left to say ! Another great win against a very hot team !
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...what?
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

You heard me !
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...