X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
    C'mon man, Oswego lost twice to Utica & lost once to Plattsburgh. Where's the strength in the teams they've beaten? Plymouth State? You barley beat Hobart...
    On one hand, you point to the win vs Hobart as justification for a higher ranking. On the other, you make the crack above that Oswego "barely beat Hobart"...like Hobart is a bottom-of-the-barrel team that OSU should have crushed.

Can't have it both ways, so which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
      On one hand, you point to the win vs Hobart as justification for a higher ranking. On the other, you make the crack above that Oswego "barely beat Hobart"...like Hobart is a bottom-of-the-barrel team that OSU should have crushed.

Yikes, bringing logic into this?
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
        Yikes, bringing logic into this?
        No choice - someone had already beat me to poking fun at "barley"

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
          Well, a Plattsburg victory would even the all time series record to 1-1.
          I do remember that game. I think Utica had about 3 shots from inside our blueline all night and scored on 2 of them. It was like a Plattsburgh power play the whole game. I don't think the Zamboni even cleaned the ice around our end. That was a down year for Cardinal hockey and we had some goaltending problems.

Comment

That is true, I didn't realize what I said there

I think Hobart is vastly overrated too, looking back on there schedule and who they've beaten through their 14 wins so far. However, if you take out Hobart, Utica still has beaten Amherst and Oswego (Top 10 teams).

I'm feeling like this argument is a waste at this point being that the poll on USCHO is an absolute joke.
            Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
            Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
            Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
            2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
            2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

No choice - someone had already beat me to poking fun at "barley"
              I apologize for my insignificant grammatical errors. My first language was not English and I did not learn to passively read and write American English until the age of 14. I'm 19 now.

Hey, compared to many on this forum, who "spel lik dis, u kno" my grammar is superb. ...and English isn't a second language to them, it is to me.
              Last edited by Pioneers#1; 01-21-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I apologize for my insignificant grammatical errors. My first language was not English and I did not learn to passively read and write American English until the age of 14. I'm 19 now.

Hey, compared to many on this forum, who "spel lik dis, u kno" my grammar is superb. ...and English isn't a second language to them, it is to me.
                Don't mind your spelling - I was really just giving jerrynu props for a good one-liner.

Comment

Don't mind your spelling - I was really just giving jerrynu props for a good one-liner.
                  One-liner? A hockey player that gets hurt his first time out - or someone who only syncs with 3 or 4 guys on the team?
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

That is true, I didn't realize what I said there

I think Hobart is vastly overrated too, looking back on there schedule and who they've beaten through their 14 wins so far. However, if you take out Hobart, Utica still has beaten Amherst and Oswego (Top 10 teams).

I'm feeling like this argument is a waste at this point being that the poll on USCHO is an absolute joke.
                    If it is a joke you don't seem to be laughing.

Another way to look at "quality wins" would be to assume Nuemann, M'ville, Oz, UC, Amherst and Genny get ranked by the NCAA in one (or more) of the three weekly polls....which is a somewhat reasonable guess but not certain at this point. If that were the case, then UC would currently hold a 5-1 record vs ranked opponents and Hobart would be 4-2-1. The edge goes to UC....but not by as much as you seem to think.

Disclaimer - I took a quick look so I may have missed a game for either team.

Comment

If it is a joke you don't seem to be laughing.

Another way to look at "quality wins" would be to assume Nuemann, M'ville, Oz, UC, Amherst and Genny get ranked by the NCAA in one (or more) of the three weekly polls....which is a somewhat reasonable guess but not certain at this point. If that were the case, then UC would currently hold a 5-1 record vs ranked opponents and Hobart would be 4-2-1. The edge goes to UC....but not by as much as you seem to think.

Disclaimer - I took a quick look so I may have missed a game for either team.
                      No, you're right on the ball there, no argument from the peanut gallery this time. But like I said, I am laughing at this poll and have been ever since Utica went no where after beating Oswego on their own ice. However, when you're team does so well and goes no where, I've still got to voice my opinion and just throw it out there.

Trust me, I know it's a joke now. It just took me a while to figure that out.

Comment

I thought you had learned that weeks ago. You've said it enough times.
                        Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                        Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                        Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyfan2113 View Post
                          Good game tonight (thought a little sloppy on both ends). Utica took advantage of the mistakes by Hobart and thats what won the game. By my count I think it was 2 breakaways and 2 rebounds and a slap shot off the post and in. While Therrien and the posts were strong for them. Hobart lost it by the bad plays and Utica tried to lose it through penalties. But Utica also responded when the Statesmen scored. Of the ECAC-W, no doubt these 2 will be the class (not at all impressed by Neumann or M-ville when I saw them though NU did beat Norwich) but they both must clean up their acts in order to make noise come NCAA time. Can't say on Utica end but I know a few key guys on Hobarts end werent healthy and playing which may or may not have been the difference but just a thought (Richard, Corcoran, and Hannah). Looking forward in 2 weeks when these 2 meet again to say the least.
                          "Key guys" may be an understatement, eh? Lets hope all three get healthy quick.
                          Didn't see the UC game. 5 goals on 23 shots....would you say any were soft goals?
                          Last edited by llama; 01-21-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            One-liner? A hockey player that gets hurt his first time out - or someone who only syncs with 3 or 4 guys on the team?
                            A one-liner is a guy who has played with the same two other forwards all season.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              A one-liner is a guy who has played with the same two other forwards all season.
                              Or...... a "one-liner" = short, witty joke. (Just in case this is a random phrase only used up here in Maine).
                              Last edited by llama; 01-21-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

"Key guys" may be an understatement, eh? Lets hope all three get healthy quick.
                                Didn't see the UC game. 5 goals on 23 shots....would you say any were soft goals?
                                Out of five.... I'd go one. The Gaffney goal was put into a half open cage with nobody back.

Hertz's goal was nice. Breakaway coming out of the box and just flat out owned broadwater.
                                Our bite is worse than our bark....
                                Top guys, out.

Comment

Working...
                                X