This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

It is "not" another bush league team. They are trying to bring in an AHL team. A former owner and a former NHL player from the area are pursuing a team. The money is there. This is fact !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Big games this weekend for the Pioneers. More so because they are not at the AUD for these ones. MUST win both to stay alive conference wise and in the Polls.

(It'll also help when the higher up's are deciding who can go to the big dance in March)
      Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
      Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
      Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
      2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
      2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        It is "not" another bush league team. They are trying to bring in an AHL team. A former owner and a former NHL player from the area are pursuing a team. The money is there. This is fact !
        Its actually a FHL team - The Old Main Escapees
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
          There is a Federal team (Cape Cod) that is in limbo and playing somewhere in CNY.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            There is a Federal team (Cape Cod) that is in limbo and playing somewhere in CNY.
            ?? Is This It?? http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...alhockeyleague

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I said AHL...can you read ??
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                +10.

I actually prefer the conversation of naive five-year-olds to that of the legion of losers who have so little to do as to feel compelled to come here and spew bile from afar, while living in their mothers' basements. What a bitter crew of sad misfits they appear to be. If any of them know a thing about hockey itself- as opposed to working on their weak sniping- I haven't heard Word One from any of them to affirm that notion.
                Hey Fish I think you stay up to late at night and need some rest,chill this is not serious stuff , its a fun diversion for most of us...ps personaly I have a finished 2000sq ft basement below my 4000sq ft house and I am trying to get my mom to move in as she and the old man are well old...relax and enjoy the hockey this weekend, and ow yea there are many people who know their hockey..pps how do you think the Pios would do vs the black bears this yr??
                Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-18-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  Hey Fish I think you stay up to late at night and need some rest,chill this is not serious stuff , its a fun diversion for most of us...ps personaly I have a finished 2000sq ft basement below my 4000sq ft house and I am trying to get my mom to move in as she and the old man are well old...relax and enjoy the hockey this weekend, and ow yea there are many people who know their hockey..pps how do you think the Pios would do vs the black bears this yr??
                  +1 - And I hear you on the aging parents.

Or maybe he is an escapee of Old Main
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    If they don't move in, I will

What's in the cave ... a bar? Pool table? All the other bar Olympic games??

I would need a 50" down there too though.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      ...The rousing success of the UC program has again started talk of a professional (more or less) team being brought to Utica. The contract between the Aud and the College give a professional team first choice of nights for games. ...
                      Available ice time could also become limited. If the arena were to offer first-choice to the pro team in scheduling games, they would most-likely do the same when it comes to ice time for practices.

Available ice time has been one of my biggest concerns with all the discussions about Elmira's First Arena and the Domes. Yes, the First Arena has two sheets, but if EC were to abandon the Domes and play there, available ice time would have to compete with the Jackals (or whoever they may be/become), EC Men's Hockey, EC Women's Hockey, Youth programs, Public Skates, Birthday parties, Concert events, WWE "stuff", Wine on Ice, etc, etc, etc. This, of course, assuming EC "abandons" the Domes, which I do not believe will happen in its entirety as there are other facilities at that location (tennis courts, basketball court, weight room...). So could EC use the Dome for practice and play at the First Arena to minimize the ice time delemma? Sure, at the price of having [what I would call] a "pure home ice", one that is practiced and played upon. Utica does not have this luxury if they must share the Aud with a pro team.

But on the bright side, at least they may have more away games!! (Just had to throw-in a Utica jab in their thread!)

Cheers!!!
                      Dave
                      RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
                        If they don't move in, I will

What's in the cave ... a bar? Pool table? All the other bar Olympic games??

I would need a 50" down there too though.
                        lol..just cant get them to move off Long Island..and if i told ya what was down there I would have to killl ya, but I do have a 60"upstairs and the wife said I should have gone 70 .imagine that....

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                          Available ice time could also become limited. If the arena were to offer first-choice to the pro team in scheduling games, they would most-likely do the same when it comes to ice time for practices.

Available ice time has been one of my biggest concerns with all the discussions about Elmira's First Arena and the Domes. Yes, the First Arena has two sheets, but if EC were to abandon the Domes and play there, available ice time would have to compete with the Jackals (or whoever they may be/become), EC Men's Hockey, EC Women's Hockey, Youth programs, Public Skates, Birthday parties, Concert events, WWE "stuff", Wine on Ice, etc, etc, etc. This, of course, assuming EC "abandons" the Domes, which I do not believe will happen in its entirety as there are other facilities at that location (tennis courts, basketball court, weight room...). So could EC use the Dome for practice and play at the First Arena to minimize the ice time delemma? Sure, at the price of having [what I would call] a "pure home ice", one that is practiced and played upon. Utica does not have this luxury if they must share the Aud with a pro team.

But on the bright side, at least they may have more away games!! (Just had to throw-in a Utica jab in their thread!)

Cheers!!!
                          how far is the arena from campus??? any talk of a campus rink??

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            +1 - And I hear you on the aging parents.

Or maybe he is an escapee of Old Main
                            that is one beautiful looking building...and the parenst thing is a tough one for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              I said AHL...can you read ??
                              Grab a dictionary and look up the word "humor". We get that it's an AHL team possibly moving in, Larry was just having little fun with the situation. Lighten up a bit, sir.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                                I heard they're working on bringing Oglethorpe out of retirement....

Comment

Working...
                                X