X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
    With all the banter on here about Utica's lack of OOC road games historically, what an ironic twist of fate it would be if Utica earned an NCAA Quaterfinal home game and had to give it up and travel on the road...
    Road trip to Oswego

Comment

I can see it now…….

Utica @ Oswego

Oswego wins 7-1 and all (okay not all, some get it) the Utica fans claim conspiracy that the NCAA and Oswego were in cahoots with the NYSPHSAA and made sure many moons ago that they would always play the NYSPHSAA Finals the same weekend just so Utica could be screwed out of home ice the first year Utica finally made the NCAA’s. There is also a note attached that Oswego was told to “tank” the last regular season game versus Utica just to add more fuel to the fire that would lead Utica fans into believing THEY were the NCAA Champions back in early January.

Curry then goes on to win the National Championship over Adrian leaving certain posters to cry even more about the auto-bid system of D3 hockey and how unfair it really is. Letters pour into the Utica Administration and they decide to go independent and play only home games (wait that already happens) and have a free ticket policy (no more TicketMaster) if you agree to shun the NCAA and take the “Aud Burley Beer Challenge” hosted by Man vs. Foods host Adam Richman, and still be able to walk out under you own power. Oh and you get your name on a hockey puck on the “Wall of Beer” at the Aud.

…and they all lived happily ever after…..
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

And all of this is why I very rarely post here anymore. It's like dealing with five year olds.
        Originally posted by zamboney
        the licence plate of the truck that just ran you over is Pioneerfan11..get well soon.
        2010-2011 Last Person Standing champion

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
          And all of this is why I very rarely post here anymore. It's like dealing with five year olds.
          lighten up Francis..........someone on these boards has the quote " we have no choice in getting old but we dont have to grow up" or something to that effect...I LIKE IT.....or perhaps Remy is brewing up a Manti Te'o like story??? to be cont...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            lighten up Francis..........someone on these boards has the quote " we have no choice in getting old but we dont have to grow up" or something to that effect...I LIKE IT.....or perhaps Remy is brewing up a Manti Te'o like story??? to be cont...
            +1 for any references remotely connected with Stripes!
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              And, I like to believe we/the poster's behave more like Middle School Girls at the least. How else could you get through a day at work?
              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                +1 for any references remotely connected with Stripes!
                thanks........ and thats the facts jack....interesting weekend of hockey coming up!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  I can see it now…….

Utica @ Oswego

Oswego wins 7-1 and all (okay not all, some get it) the Utica fans claim conspiracy that the NCAA and Oswego were in cahoots with the NYSPHSAA and made sure many moons ago that they would always play the NYSPHSAA Finals the same weekend just so Utica could be screwed out of home ice the first year Utica finally made the NCAA’s. There is also a note attached that Oswego was told to “tank” the last regular season game versus Utica just to add more fuel to the fire that would lead Utica fans into believing THEY were the NCAA Champions back in early January.

Curry then goes on to win the National Championship over Adrian leaving certain posters to cry even more about the auto-bid system of D3 hockey and how unfair it really is. Letters pour into the Utica Administration and they decide to go independent and play only home games (wait that already happens) and have a free ticket policy (no more TicketMaster) if you agree to shun the NCAA and take the “Aud Burley Beer Challenge” hosted by Man vs. Foods host Adam Richman, and still be able to walk out under you own power. Oh and you get your name on a hockey puck on the “Wall of Beer” at the Aud.

…and they all lived happily ever after…..
                  Excellent R!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneerfan11 View Post
                    I do not understand Utica fan. Here you have all this thread activity and interest in your team, yet you whine. There has not been this much talk about Utica since...well..ever. You guys are having a good season, why don't you enjoy it? So you have take a little ribbing, dig in man, fire back and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                      I do not understand Utica fan. Here you have all this thread activity and interest in your team, yet you whine. There has not been this much talk about Utica since...well..ever. You guys are having a good season, why don't you enjoy it? So you have take a little ribbing, dig in man, fire back and have fun!
                      +1
                      Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                      Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                      Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                      2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                      2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

I was hoping that our new AD might be able to put some pressure on the Aud to make a bid for a NCAA game as my understanding that they have never been interested on hosting one. I have heard that the Aud thinks it is UC's place to put in the bid, where as it is the facility where the game is to be held to put in the bid. I am sure that if that is incorrect that someone will correct me. That, however, is not the real problem on the horizon. The rousing success of the UC program has again started talk of a professional (more or less) team being brought to Utica. The contract between the Aud and the College give a professional team first choice of nights for games.

UCBadger is coming to you tonight from the Great Border State of Missouri!
                        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          Read some of the other team's threads, you'd be surprised. I invite you to visit the Norwich thread. You might even learn something about the team - and note that some of us even quarrel among ourselves. There's one poster who still owes another one a steak
                          Prof, with all due respect, I don't visit the Norwich thread because I don't really care about the Norwich thread. (Ditto, for Oswego, Plattsburgh and any other team you might name.)

And why would I? I can find what facts I want re: the Cadets via the USCHO stats... What could possibly possess me to seek out reading more of the same childish drivel there than I have to endure right here on the "Utica" thread, for the love of Christ?
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-19-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

+10.

I actually prefer the conversation of naive five-year-olds to that of the legion of losers who have so little to do as to feel compelled to come here and spew bile from afar, while living in their mothers' basements. What a bitter crew of sad misfits they appear to be. If any of them know a thing about hockey itself- as opposed to working on their weak sniping- I haven't heard Word One from any of them to affirm that notion.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-18-2013, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                              I have heard that the Aud thinks it is UC's place to put in the bid, where as it is the facility where the game is to be held to put in the bid. I am sure that if that is incorrect that someone will correct me.
                              Whoever told you that is wrong. It's on the school.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                                I was hoping that our new AD might be able to put some pressure on the Aud to make a bid for a NCAA game as my understanding that they have never been interested on hosting one. I have heard that the Aud thinks it is UC's place to put in the bid, where as it is the facility where the game is to be held to put in the bid. I am sure that if that is incorrect that someone will correct me. That, however, is not the real problem on the horizon. The rousing success of the UC program has again started talk of a professional (more or less) team being brought to Utica. The contract between the Aud and the College give a professional team first choice of nights for games.

UCBadger is coming to you tonight from the Great Border State of Missouri!
                                Good Lord, I hope you're wrong about another bush-league "pro" team landing in Utica. The last few have been abysmal fight-league franchises that drew maybe 800 beery fans a night, and the quality of play was basically D-3, except that the guys all had day-jobs... That would appear to be a bad business decision for The Aud, not that I'm privy to how the money will be divided should something like that happen.

As far as the high-school tournament goes, I can understand why The Aud gives it a guarantee. Again, attendance is below what UC would draw, but hosting the championship here is a feather in Utica's cap, and it's a really fun "showcase" event to attend. Therefore, I can't really fault the venue for locking-in the State finals over leaving an opening for a possible UC home-draw.

If UC finishes strongly enough to get an NCAA berth and a decent seed, they will be sent to some lesser team, and have a reasonable chance to advance from there. Perhaps a win will result in a home-game after that, who knows..? There is a lot of work to be done before any of the above makes any difference; the ECAC-W schedule awaits, and it's (still) clearly the best conference east of the Mississippi.

The Pioneers will have to earn a bid; the easy portion of their schedule is behind them now.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-18-2013, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X