X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    As soon as SUNY Morrisville joins the ECAC-W, they too will qualify for an autobid.
    Hope that happens ASAP... I might lose my moral high-ground vis-a-vis the AQ controversy, but it'll be worth it to have conference games to attend that don't involve 3-6 hour trips.

(How's the arena there, BTW?)

Comment

I've heard rumblings of SUNYIT sizing up a potential entry. They died down for a bit with the approval of the initial fieldhouse project, which has since been completed and didnt include an ice rink. But now i'm beginning to hear them again, although the sources are suspect at best. Just some food for thought there to munch on. If they wanted to get going sooner rather than later, i'd think Whitestown would be a good fit for them unless they'd like to play the Aud on weeknights(and that's if the contract will even allow. Somehow i think even MVCC is having issues getting to play there now. they have about 5 home games all year.)

In the meantime, i can't see Morrisville jumping ship from the SUNYAC to the ECACW. They're already knee deep in that league, have schools with similar academic philosophies (being state, public institutions) and can put up a fight with the back half of that league most of the time (except maybe this year.) Leaving the SUNYAC would make no logical sense for them. They'd go from not competitive to even less competitive. They'd gain the whole travel partner thing with UC, but that's really about it. Cortland really isin't ridiculously far from them anyway.

Canton may be more easily enticed. They're a new NCAA program, fairly nice arena, close to canada. The last 2 can be fairly good for recruiting if they're utilized properly. Oswego and Plattsburgh can attest to that.

Anyway, I highly doubt Morrisville would leave.
      Our bite is worse than our bark....
      Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        (BTW, who did/does Norwich play OOC this year? Hmm.., there was Plattsburgh, and some team from the ECAC-W, and that's pretty-much the extent of it.)
        I will assume that was a serious inquiry, although I suspect it was intended as sarcasm. Let's see, there was @Plattsburgh, @Middlebury, Middlebury, St. Thomas, Neumann, and Conn. College.
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          It's just fantastic that Utica has garnered your endorsement, but you've also said a lot of other things...

My point was: why are you saying them here..? Don't you have a thread available to you where your adolescent woofing will be appreciated by liked-minded folks, eg., the Oswego thread?

I'll look it up and send you a link if you like.
          NOT sure if you have noticed but people do post on all threads if the so choose....good luck down the stretch

Comment

• Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
            I've heard rumblings of SUNYIT sizing up a potential entry. They died down for a bit with the approval of the initial fieldhouse project, which has since been completed and didnt include an ice rink. But now i'm beginning to hear them again, although the sources are suspect at best. Just some food for thought there to munch on. If they wanted to get going sooner rather than later, i'd think Whitestown would be a good fit for them unless they'd like to play the Aud on weeknights(and that's if the contract will even allow. Somehow i think even MVCC is having issues getting to play there now. they have about 5 home games all year.)

In the meantime, i can't see Morrisville jumping ship from the SUNYAC to the ECACW. They're already knee deep in that league, have schools with similar academic philosophies (being state, public institutions) and can put up a fight with the back half of that league most of the time (except maybe this year.) Leaving the SUNYAC would make no logical sense for them. They'd go from not competitive to even less competitive. They'd gain the whole travel partner thing with UC, but that's really about it. Cortland really isin't ridiculously far from them anyway.

Canton may be more easily enticed. They're a new NCAA program, fairly nice arena, close to canada. The last 2 can be fairly good for recruiting if they're utilized properly. Oswego and Plattsburgh can attest to that.

Anyway, I highly doubt Morrisville would leave.

I've heard grumblings (nothng from any solid sources, of course) that Morrisville was considering either jumping over to the W or dropping the program alltogether. Canton, on the other hand, seems to be all but officially in the SUNYAC now. All SUNYAC team will be playing 1 game against the kangaroos next season, and 2 game thereafter.

When we first started hearing rumors of a Plattsburgh-Morrisville travel pair, I was in disbelief (Oswego-Canton, Plattsburgh-Potsdam, Cortland-Morrisville makes a lot more sense geographically). But I guess if they knew something we didn't about the future of Morrisville, it would make more sense (why shuffle around central NY pairings to accommodate a team that's leaving?)
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              It's just fantastic that Utica has garnered your endorsement, but you've also said a lot of other things...

My point was: why are you saying them here..? Don't you have a thread available to you where your adolescent woofing will be appreciated by liked-minded folks, eg., the Oswego thread?

I'll look it up and send you a link if you like.
              The way this forum seems to always have worked is that there are threads with discussion ABOUT particular teams, but that does not necessarily mean that said discussion is reserved exclusively for fans of the team in question. We all post in many threads, not just the one we support. Sorry if that's not to your liking, but I don't foresee it changing any time in the near future.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                The way this forum seems to always have worked is that there are threads with discussion ABOUT particular teams, but that does not necessarily mean that said discussion is reserved exclusively for fans of the team in question. We all post in many threads, not just the one we support. Sorry if that's not to your liking, but I don't foresee it changing any time in the near future.
                said it better than I ever could

Comment

I've heard grumblings (nothng from any solid sources, of course) that Morrisville was considering either jumping over to the W or dropping the program alltogether. Canton, on the other hand, seems to be all but officially in the SUNYAC now. All SUNYAC team will be playing 1 game against the kangaroos next season, and 2 game thereafter.

When we first started hearing rumors of a Plattsburgh-Morrisville travel pair, I was in disbelief (Oswego-Canton, Plattsburgh-Potsdam, Cortland-Morrisville makes a lot more sense geographically). But I guess if they knew something we didn't about the future of Morrisville, it would make more sense (why shuffle around central NY pairings to accommodate a team that's leaving?)
                  I doubt Morrisville would drop. as bad as they've been, they just built this facility not that long ago. I seriously doubt the donors would be happy seeing that Ice Sheet without a hockey team because it would self defeat one of the primary purposes of building the rink.
                  Our bite is worse than our bark....
                  Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
                    I doubt Morrisville would drop. as bad as they've been, they just built this facility not that long ago. I seriously doubt the donors would be happy seeing that Ice Sheet without a hockey team because it would self defeat one of the primary purposes of building the rink.
                    Morrisville is unlikely to drop its program all together, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them team up with their former head coach Brian Grady and the ECAC-West.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I haven't heard anything about Canton going to the SUNyAC's. I even asked their AD about this earlier in the year and they were sure whether they were going SUNYAC or ECAC. I wish they would go ECAC for that would give ECAC their 7th team for an AC and wouldn't mess up the SUNYAC travel partners in all sports.
                      Oswego 88

Comment

+2
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

+3
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I'll jump on +4

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              I'll jump on +4
                              +5. I think we're at a record now.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                +5. I think we're at a record now.
                                Heck of a comeback there!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X