X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Hey, I didn't post because I was otherwise occupied, but I hear ya on that one..! Where are my fellow chest-pounders now? (Pioneers #1, where is your report?)

I wasn't shocked that Cortland won, but I was indeed startled by the score. I gather from the little of the webcast I heard that UC made many mistakes in its own zone, but the ultimate credit must go to Cortland's 'tender. Anytime a guy makes 34 saves and posts a shutout, he's going to be a *little* tough to beat, right?

We were on the fence about bothering to drive to Springfield for the WNEC game, but last night's loss has sealed the deal. We'll be there, and casting a critical eye towards how Utica responds in another road game in which it'll be a firm favorite.

I suspect that we'll see Nick in goal, five angry Pioneers in front of him during every shift, and a lot more attention paid to detail than was described last night. I'll stick my neck out and predict a 5-1 win for the good guys. (That would be Utica.)
    I hate to even say it because I like to think that Im an even keeled sorta UC fan....I drank the cool aid...I wanted them to get more respect in the polls..and yet they get their asses handed to them by a so so Cstate team...Gary must have lost his mind last night. I really hope that they right the ship.

Comment

Portsmouth Abbey where Salve Regina Plays is right up there- Freezing

Comment

Tell ya what, WNEC's venue at Smead Rink tonight was a frigid meat-locker a la The Cooler, albeit with terrific and affordable concessions. (How about clam chowder for $2.50?!?) It was warmer outside, though, no bull...

The lighting was good, and the sight-lines were fine from the top bleachers. (It helped that many seats were available; I could pretty-much count all 100 or so souls who attended.) White netting is strung from the low roof all around one side of the rink, but the other side is open, if you're feeling brave... Overall, a modest arena, but a clean one, and a good place to watch hockey. We'll go back if UC ever travels there again. (It's about three light-traffic hours from Utica, with only about five minutes to drive on surface-roads.)

UC dominated territorily all game long, and pretty-much coasted to the 5-1 win that some anonymous savant predicted above.

SOG were not posted anywhere, but I'd guess they were roughly 52-23, Utica. Golden Bear G Sorenson played very well; that game could easily have been 10-1 or worse. UC played a pretty complete game, only Zappia reminded me of their shaky D play earlier in the year... Adams and Olivieri have really honed their decision-making.

In summary, a very convincing road-win vs. the top team in the ECACNE, a conference that will receive an auto-bid. (Go figger.)
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-14-2013, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          yes you nailed it, post when you win and chest thump....but lets hear from ya on the other end as well....yes watch out WNEC
          Gosh, excuse me..! I guess I missed your effusive praise for UC when they thumped Oswego 6-0 to complete the season-sweep?

You can't have it both ways, OK? "What's good for the goose.."

It's really far less obnoxious to read admittedly-tiresome chest-thumping posts by Utica fans about their own team, than it is to see you and Laker Alum come hear at any convenient juncture to taunt them about a loss. There is no essential distinction to be made between either approach, except that you guys go out of your way to waste your breath.

You two should hook-up and develop a common interest (perhaps stamp-collecting?), if only to occupy all of the spare time you both now set aside to troll.

Just a thought.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-14-2013, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Gosh, excuse me..! I guess I missed your effusive praise for UC when they thumped Oswego 6-0 to complete the season-sweep?

You can't have it both ways, OK? "What's good for the goose.."

It's really far less obnoxious to read admittedly-tiresome chest-thumping posts by Utica fans about their own team, than it is to see you and Laker Alum come hear at any convenient juncture to taunt them about a loss. There is no essential distinction to be made between either approach, except that you guys go out of your way to waste your breath.

You two should hook-up and develop a common interest (perhaps stamp-collecting?), if only to occupy all of the spare time you both now set aside to troll.

Just a thought.
            you can go back and read my posts, I think, I have always said utica has a top team so back off sunshine

Comment

....and it looks like the gloves are off......I've got the ex-Laker's back !!!

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                ....and it looks like the gloves are off......I've got the ex-Laker's back !!!
                thanks but not to worry this is just fun for me in my 20 yrs in the FDNY it was always fun to stir the pot, so why stop...hey stamp collecting is fun,I just bought some of those forever stamps...should be a interesting stretch run for all hold on tight..

Comment

Tell ya what, WNEC's venue at Smead Rink tonight was a frigid meat-locker a la The Cooler, albeit with terrific and affordable concessions. (How about clam chowder for $2.50?!?) It was warmer outside, though, no bull...

The lighting was good, and the sight-lines were fine from the top bleachers. (It helped that many seats were available; I could pretty-much count all 100 or so souls who attended.) White netting is strung from the low roof all around one side of the rink, but the other side is open, if you're feeling brave... Overall, a modest arena, but a clean one, and a good place to watch hockey. We'll go back if UC ever travels there again. (It's about three light-traffic hours from Utica, with only about five minutes to drive on surface-roads.)

UC dominated territorily all game long, and pretty-much coasted to the 5-1 win that some anonymous savant predicted above.

SOG were not posted anywhere, but I'd guess they were roughly 52-23, Utica. Golden Bear G Sorenson played very well; that game could easily have been 10-1 or worse. UC played a pretty complete game, only Zappia reminded me of their shaky D play earlier in the year... Adams and Olivieri have really honed their decision-making.

In summary, a very convincing road-win vs. the top team in the ECACNE, a conference that will receive an auto-bid. (Go figger.)
                  I was there myself. Which one were you?
                  Our bite is worse than our bark....
                  Top guys, out.

Comment

I don't think either one of the posters would argue Utica isn't one of the best teams in the country. Consistency could be a big issue with them, but when they are on they are a National Contender, period. But I don't remember too many teams that whipped up an "Oswego" type team 6-0 to then go and lose to a Cortland type team 0-5. Took Cortland 27 years to get their 2nd win against Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh has lost their 4 total games to Cortland by 7 goals, combined. Beat Elmira by 9, lose by 3. As I said, when they're on they're on, but if they don't come to play they are very vulnerable. I still think they are heads and shoulders above Hobart. If Oswego had any sort of penalty kill (4 for 6) it could have been a little closer of a game. Call me crazy but I will still take Oswego in the next game (if there is one).
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

...In summary, a very convincing road-win vs. the top team in the ECACNE, a conference that will receive an auto-bid. (Go figger.)
                      As soon as SUNY Morrisville joins the ECAC-W, they too will qualify for an autobid.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Curiously enough, it is also the second most OOC scheduled league by the ECAC-W???
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

I was out of town overnight last night, but managed to sneak off and log on to your webcast for a few minutes (and for the first time ever) just as the 3rd began.

I have to say that you and your color-woman put forth a very polished product, and called a spade a spade: your play-by-play was seemingly delivered in real-time, and she certainly didn't attempt to apply lipstick to that pig.

Best student-produced audio I've ever heard. Nice work!
                          Thank you very much. Funny part was I was a bit off my game. No live stats of any kind available and an accidentally late arrival time made things feel rushed on my end. Regardless, glad you enjoyed it. Making final arrangements now to do Elmira Friday.
                          Our bite is worse than our bark....
                          Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            I don't think either one of the posters would argue Utica isn't one of the best teams in the country. Consistency could be a big issue with them, but when they are on they are a National Contender, period. But I don't remember too many teams that whipped up an "Oswego" type team 6-0 to then go and lose to a Cortland type team 0-5. Took Cortland 27 years to get their 2nd win against Plattsburgh. Plattsburgh has lost their 4 total games to Cortland by 7 goals, combined. Beat Elmira by 9, lose by 3. As I said, when they're on they're on, but if they don't come to play they are very vulnerable. I still think they are heads and shoulders above Hobart. If Oswego had any sort of penalty kill (4 for 6) it could have been a little closer of a game. Call me crazy but I will still take Oswego in the next game (if there is one).
                            Remy always has the numbers for sure, and man that would be a interesting game 3 lets see what happens down the stretch run...

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                              Curiously enough, it is also the second most OOC scheduled league by the ECAC-W???
                              Nothing "curious" about it, really... Seems fairly obvious that it's a function of geography.

UC plays the SUNYAC most frequently OOC, it being the closest conference as a whole, and the ECACNE next most often, for the same reason. No rocket-science need be brought to bear to figure that out.

(BTW, who did/does Norwich play OOC this year? Hmm.., there was Plattsburgh, and some team from the ECAC-W, and that's pretty-much the extent of it.)
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-15-2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                you can go back and read my posts, I think, I have always said utica has a top team so back off sunshine
                                It's just fantastic that Utica has garnered your endorsement, but you've also said a lot of other things...

My point was: why are you saying them here..? Don't you have a thread available to you where your adolescent woofing will be appreciated by liked-minded folks, eg., the Oswego thread?

I'll look it up and send you a link if you like.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-15-2013, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X