X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
    What is KRACH?
    mes thinks its something you get if you come home from the beach and dont shower

Comment

Thank heavens that we did not lose any places by winning 6-0 over the #2 team in the nation on Saturday!
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Thank heavens that we did not lose any places by winning 6-0 over the #2 team in the nation on Saturday!
        I was wondering what that loud noise was coming from the East. It was a simultaneous explosion of all Utica fans' heads.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
          Good lets be underdogs, I want the team to feel disrespected that way they won't slack off and lose especially the two non-conference games they have left. It's a very simple strategy keep winning as long as they don't drop more then one or two games the rest of the year their is simply no way their resume doesn't indicate an NCAA caliber team so if having an eight in front of their name right now helps that I am all for it.

In the end they go 2 of 3 with Hobart and this club had 4 wins over top five teams you find me another school in the nation that is going to have that kind of resume by years end. So as it always comes down to at this point win and your in, UC controls their destiny as long as they keep winning and their is no way they don't come out of that smokey room as an NCAA tourney team.

Comment

The ratings don't mean anything...but...I'm laughing so hard at the "poll". I'm really beginning to think there actually is some "bias" against UC. Oh well...Just keep winning !
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I'm heading down to Cortland for the game Friday night. Anyone else plan on making the trip down to see the boys?
              Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
              Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
              Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
              2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
              2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                I'm heading down to Cortland for the game Friday night. Anyone else plan on making the trip down to see the boys?
                Who would want to see the #8 team in the country?

Completely joking. You might be the only more miffed than me about Utica's ranking.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  Check out my explanations on the other site. The important issue is one of statistical significance - there are several teams who are within the margin of error. Legitimate cases can be made for all of them.
                  Some being a lot more logical than others.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-08-2013, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
                    Good lets be underdogs, I want the team to feel disrespected that way they won't slack off and lose especially the two non-conference games they have left. It's a very simple strategy keep winning as long as they don't drop more then one or two games the rest of the year their is simply no way their resume doesn't indicate an NCAA caliber team so if having an eight in front of their name right now helps that I am all for it.

In the end they go 2 of 3 with Hobart and this club had 4 wins over top five teams you find me another school in the nation that is going to have that kind of resume by years end. So as it always comes down to at this point win and your in, UC controls their destiny as long as they keep winning and their is no way they don't come out of that smokey room as an NCAA tourney team.
                    All D-3 at-large bids are granted from a smoke-filled room, but the NCAA has done a much better job lately of gleaning the gold from the pan.

I agree that the Hobart games are key. Right now, the Statesmen are looking (on paper) to be the best team in the East, but Utica has them twice at home...
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-08-2013, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                      Can't make it there, but kindly give us a little travelogue of your experience, if you will. (Cortland is a sub-.500 team, but has been in every game they've played. Not a cupcake IMO, by any means.)

We're thinking seriously of heading to Springfield to see UC/WNEC on Sunday, as long as the weather cooperates for the round-trip. My only real reservation about going is in regards to Smead Rink, which appears to have sight-lines that are about on-par with The Cooler... Smead is a publicly-owned facility that apparently wasn't designed to be a sports venue.

Anyway, it's only about two hours from here, and I'll post a few comments if we make the trip. We enjoy visiting obscure colleges for UC games, even though an eerie silence usually prevails.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        All D-3 at-large bids are granted from a smoke-filled room, but the NCAA has done a much better job lately of gleaning the gold from the pan.

I agree that the Hobart games are key. Right now, the Statesmen are looking (on paper) to be the best team in the East, but Utica has them twice at home...
                        what happens if hobart beats utica and oswego beat hobart and utica beat oswego........oh boy...who should be ranked where

Comment

Hey guys,
                          I know that many of the UC faithful are fed up with the USCHO rankings.
                          Why not go over to D3boards.com and strike up the conversation over there.
                          They are the most comprehensive all D3 sports boards and have a great following!

Comment

Can't make it there, but kindly give us a little travelogue of your experience, if you will. (Cortland is a sub-.500 team, but has been in every game they've played. Not a cupcake IMO, by any means.)

We're thinking seriously of heading to Springfield to see UC/WNEC on Sunday, as long as the weather cooperates for the round-trip. My only real reservation about going is in regards to Smead Rink, which appears to have sight-lines that are about on-par with The Cooler... Smead is a publicly-owned facility that apparently wasn't designed to be a sports venue.

Anyway, it's only about two hours from here, and I'll post a few comments if we make the trip. We enjoy visiting obscure colleges for UC games, even though an eerie silence usually prevails.
                            Thank you, I would appreciate any updates from Springfield, MA you could give us on here! We should have a decent group of UC fans at Cortland on Friday night to cheer on the boys, hopefully we can do the same for the WNEC game!
                            Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                            Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                            Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                            2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                            2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

As a Hobart fan, I agree that the upcoming UC / Hobart games are HUGE....if only one ECAC-W team gets in this series could likely determine which team gets the invite. Keep in mind these teams COULD square off four times before the season is over (if they meet in the ECAC-W tourney)....and end up in a 2-2 split. BTW - Not sure what to make of UC's 3-0 sweep of Hobart last season? Like to say that is "old news"...BUT ???

So....
                              Can M'ville finish strong and end up ranked in the East? Can Neumann build on their current 3-game win streak and also end up ranked? Don't laugh - they've won three straight and have a kid in net that may steal some more big games before it is over. If Nuemann and M'ville both get ranked (along with Hobart and Utica) it would make many of the second half ECAC-W games far more relevant (i.e. who wins the UC/Hobart head to head in "record vs ranked opponents"). Also - I've got to wonder if the young Elmira team doesn't start to gel late and and relish the role of "spoiler"?

Can't help it...years of being an ECAC-W fan has trained me to assume parity will be the norm!
                              Last edited by llama; 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Not to mention if there's one number in the ECAC West that Utica knows how to dial, it's Hobart's. A combined 6-0 in the last 2 seasons and the bulk of that roster is still intact, as is Hobart's. It will be interesting to see how the roster improvements for Hobart will help them in that matchup. Olson, Gamache, and Webster cannot be taken lightly. Those kids are GOOD and the goaltending is playing out of its mind. Broadwater looks very, very good right now.

However, they did have some injury trouble going into break and did elect to take a european trip over the holiday break rather than play nonconference games. Only time will tell whether or not the extra games will help or hurt them in the scope of this season. They could very well be out of gas in Feburary, but we shall see how it plays out. every team responds differently to that type of schedule density.

Also should advertise here that i will have the call from the road friday as the pioneers visit cortland. Pregame will begin at 6:30 PM.

http://www.utica.edu/wpnr907
                                Our bite is worse than our bark....
                                Top guys, out.

Comment

Working...
                                X