This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

I was at that Hobart game as well. Tough pill to swallow especially in 08 as that got really ugly in the 2nd period of that one. If we have a game like this once every five years that is fine by me. A testament to what a great team we put on the ice year after year. Your always allowed 1 or 2 clunkers a year now its' time to pick yourself up, dust it off and get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
      Absolutely the best most disciplined game I have ever seen UC play. The did not even take a penalty till it was well in hand. Give it up for the special teams play too that powerplay unit was unstoppable
      Couldn't agree more re: your first comment. UC's discipline was exemplary. Oswego baited them, but Utica didn't bite... The Pioneers just out-worked and out-skated the Lakers for 55 minutes. (I'm giving OSU the edge in the early going.)

Owsego is composed of 99% OJHL guys -they play a chippy style and know how to get under your skin- but somehow Utica kept its focus throughout.

It was as close to a perfect game as I've ever seen a Utica team play. Big thumbs-up to Heenan and the boys for a great game-plan, superbly executed, against a physical and talented opponent.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-06-2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Unreal...Utica dominated Oswego, that's twice now. UC's forwards were just so much faster, Therrien was so much better than Hare, I left after the second period at 6-0. It was 3-0 Utica halfway thru the first period ! Do they get respect NOW ??
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

nice job by utica,they should be tough down the stretch for sure,good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Couldn't agree more re: your first comment. UC's discipline was exemplary. Oswego baited them, but Utica didn't bite... The Pioneers just out-worked and out-skated the Lakers for 55 minutes. (I'm giving OSU the edge in the early going.)

Owsego is composed of 99% OJHL guys -they play a chippy style and know how to get under your skin- but somehow Utica kept its focus throughout.

It was as close to a perfect game as I've ever seen a Utica team play. Big thumbs-up to Heenan and the boys for a great game-plan, superbly executed, against a physical and talented opponent.
            utica has players from many different leagues, I like it, not that it hasnt wokred for oz but the OJHL thing should be tweeked a little and perhaps a few from column a b c and d.........

Comment

KRACH has Bodoin #1 and Utica #2 now
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Enjoy guys and gals...

WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                  d3hockey.com computer will have Norwich 1, Hobart 2, Utica 3
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    d3hockey.com computer will have Norwich 1, Hobart 2, Utica 3
                    Is SOS keeping Bowdoin out of your top three?
                    Last edited by llama; 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                      Is SOS keeping Bowdoin out of your top three?
                      Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Correct.
                        So, what is keeping Norwich at #1..? There is no apparent SOS advantage they have that passes the sniff-test over, say, Utica, Oswego or Hobart.

Have you published your criteria anywhere, and explained how you weight them?

Just asking. Right now, it's looking like 3-card Monte to me.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-07-2013, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          So, what is keeping Norwich at #1..? There is no apparent SOS advantage they have that passes the sniff-test over, say, Utica, Oswego or Hobart.

Have you published your criteria anywhere, and explained how you weight them?

Just asking. Right now, it's looking like 3-card Monte to me.
                          Check out my explanations on the other site. The important issue is one of statistical significance - there are several teams who are within the margin of error. Legitimate cases can be made for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                            What is KRACH?
                            Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                            Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                            Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                            2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                            2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                              What is KRACH?
                              http://www.uscho.com/rankings/krach/d-iii-men/
                              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Remember: "KRACH is provided for entertainment purposes only" and should not be used for betting or pick 'em purposes.
                                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X