This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utica Aud makes the big time

Sorry for infringing on your turf, but caught this article last week on the best college rinks in NY & NJ..

Comment

• Re: Utica College Pioneers 2012-13 Season

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
      My GAWD!! That Fishman'81 is sensitive......Lighten up, already.
      I thought you chicks appreciated sensitive men...

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        If you get ticked off by anything someone says, don't worry, someday you will Grow Up!! A kick to the groin should tick you off, being important enough to have someone pay attention to you should be source of pride (when you grow up, you will be smart enough to know and understand this). If sadly you are overly sensitive due to past bullying experiences, you need professional assistance.

Oh yeah, nice to see Utica proved it could play as well as a .111 team.
        Once again you seek to lump-together everyone here into the group of people (such as yourself) who apparently attempt to derive self-esteem via the performance of their team of choice, or attempt to salvage the same by berating teams that have out-performed it... It's pretty weak stuff, and your calling anyone else "childish" is nothing more than a case of the pot calling-out the kettle, with the pot being the only such object to be seen around here.

Furthermore, there is clearly nothing "important" about Utica hockey- nor about sports in general - and your lackluster additions to this thread should not confer pride to anyone, most especially yourself.

If you didn't feature a pic of a car below your name, I'd guess that you're not old enough to drive just yet... (But, then again, that might just be your daddy's vehicle.)
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-29-2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
          Shabby, Great weekend for 'Gate I see. Hope you can make a game at the Aud this weelkend as you'll like what you see, if they can keep it up. Probably the best 3 periods UC has put together all year. No 3rd period let down for a change. Seeing both games I'd have to say Numann looked to be the better team, except for goaltending. How the M'vill keeper didn't get at least 1 of the 3 stars last night is beond me. He's the only reason it was a game. Hope to see you at the Aud and GO UC (and Gate).
          I agree: MC's Fleming was fantastic. Aside from the flukey first goal that was a result of his coming waaay out of the crease in an attempt to cover the puck, and being (maybe) a nanosecond late in doing so... (Reasonable minds could certainly differ as to whether he had the puck covered right then, and I thought he did.)

That 1st period was the best I've seen UC play all year, and maybe ever. They were absolutely flying around the ice and winning every battle along the boards, while generating a ton of scoring opportunities... The only reason the game wasn't over after that span was Fleming's outstanding performance, IMO.

He controlled his rebounds all night long while getting shelled from every angle, and his save% was 0.920 for the game. He was my first star, but those little baubles are handed-out by homers to the guys who only consider scoring points, as a general rule. (Scary that's he's only a Sophomore, too... MC seems to have no issues in net whatsoever for a couple of years to come.)

Overall (and while M'ville has similar talent and speed on its top-two lines), I also agree that Neumann was the deeper of the two teams. I'd prefer not to face NU in the W playoffs, if I were Heenan.

PS: The Warden and I eagerly awaited the USCHO poll today, and were not disappointed... Utica is still #8!!! If that thing mattered, I'd be singing a different tune, but it's just a continuing source of amusement to us now, and at least it's good for a laugh every week!
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-29-2013, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• Re: Ouch!!!

Congrats UC for your success , keep up and best wishes for your future game.

Comment

• To: Fishman'81

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but CHICK isn't one of them
              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Once again you seek to lump-together everyone here into the group of people (such as yourself) who apparently attempt to derive self-esteem via the performance of their team of choice, or attempt to salvage the same by berating teams that have out-performed it... It's pretty weak stuff, and your calling anyone else "childish" is nothing more than a case of the pot calling-out the kettle, with the pot being the only such object to be seen around here.

Furthermore, there is clearly nothing "important" about Utica hockey- nor about sports in general - and your lackluster additions to this thread should not confer pride to anyone, most especially yourself.

If you didn't feature a pic of a car below your name, I'd guess that you're not old enough to drive just yet... (But, then again, that might just be your daddy's vehicle.)
                Norm is one of most entertaining, quirky posters around. He is anything but what you say about him. I don't always agree with him, but I always enjoy reading what he has to say (or link to) whether he is posting in a Plattsburgh thread or the NU thread, or anywhere else for that matter. There certainly are some people who are enjoying what my son calls "poking the bear with a stick" in this thread, just because of the reactions they are getting.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Ridiculous...
                  LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Now I get it, the 81 is your IQ, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pick on the handicapped. It is nice that the ADA provides resources to those like yourself to access the internet - now get back to your fishing shanty.

And if dad wasn't 75 with macular degeneration, I'd get him one.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I remember when I use to come on here to read about HOCKEY!! I sure wish the that was still the case. If UC splits with Hobart and M'ville, or does better, it seems they would be in. The way they're playing right now they could win out the rest of the way. The big words there are "right now". While some found it funny that they announced the score of the M'ville loss to Nazarerth Saturday night to many laughs, I felt it was bad karma. Don't poke the hockey gods with a stick when you have 2 games left against that team. As much as I think this years team is different than most of the past ones, I can't help feeling they could win both games against Hobart this weekend only to loose 1 or both to Nazareth. That would put them in a must sweep aginst M'ville on the road and probably the playoffs too. The polls don't seem to be kind to these guys no matter what they do, so just win out seems to be the best way to get a bid. Way easier said than done. Will they go back to letting up at the end, or will they finish like they did the 3rd period against M'ville. Stay tuned.

Comment

Benny....I agree with all you said. This is the best UC team "I've" ever seen !
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennycheck View Post
                          I remember when I use to come on here to read about HOCKEY!! I sure wish the that was still the case. If UC splits with Hobart and M'ville, or does better, it seems they would be in. The way they're playing right now they could win out the rest of the way. The big words there are "right now". While some found it funny that they announced the score of the M'ville loss to Nazarerth Saturday night to many laughs, I felt it was bad karma. Don't poke the hockey gods with a stick when you have 2 games left against that team. As much as I think this years team is different than most of the past ones, I can't help feeling they could win both games against Hobart this weekend only to loose 1 or both to Nazareth. That would put them in a must sweep aginst M'ville on the road and probably the playoffs too. The polls don't seem to be kind to these guys no matter what they do, so just win out seems to be the best way to get a bid. Way easier said than done. Will they go back to letting up at the end, or will they finish like they did the 3rd period against M'ville. Stay tuned.
                          +1

Although I think they'll get a bid even if they don't win the EcacWest based on their OOC record and such. As long as they don't get below second place, we should get at least one playoff home game!
                          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                            +1

Although I think they'll get a bid even if they don't win the EcacWest based on their OOC record and such. As long as they don't get below second place, we should get at least one playoff home game!
                            The ECAC West results will have nothing to with it. They could finish 3rd and lose in the quarterfinal game and still get in if their resume pleases the committee enough. Heck, they could take the number 1 seed and win the playoffs and not get in in their resume doesn't please the committee (although I do think the latter is an unlikely scenario)
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by nuprof View Post
                              norm is one of ... People who are enjoying what my son calls "poking the moose with a stick" in this thread, just because of the reactions they are getting.
                              fyp
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                                As long as they don't get below second place, we should get at least one playoff home game!
                                IF the arena was available................
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X