X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota 2012-13

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even.../group/Sports/

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/

Can't wait for this weekend's hockey at the Ralph this weekend! Tic Toc, Tic Toc...

Re: North Dakota 2012-13

Same here. Interested to see how the new D play tonight.

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
    WCHA Playoff Champions:
    NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
    NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Well that's terribly disappointing to **** away a 2-0 lead. We honestly cant afford for stuff like that to happen if we wanna be taken seriously in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
        Well that's terribly disappointing to **** away a 2-0 lead. We honestly cant afford for stuff like that to happen if we wanna be taken seriously in the WCHA.
        I think teams will take us seriously still
        . Only one game. And very early

WCHA Playoff Champions:
        NCAA Championships:

Comment

Has there been any news at all regarding Karvinen's status?
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Has there been any news at all regarding Karvinen's status?
            Nope. I don't know if Idalski will say until gametime. I'm hoping she plays. But 15 goals in 6 games vs (mankato, osu, scsu) is not cutting it. North Dakota has the talent to compete for a national championship but no cohesiveness yet. I think und get a close win saturday and loses by a few Sunday.

WCHA Playoff Champions:
            NCAA Championships:

Comment

Originally posted by northhockey View Post
              I think und get a close win saturday and loses by a few Sunday.
              Looking at the schedule before the season started I thought that I would be happy with a split.

I am still going to be satisfied with a split, however it is that the teams get there. I want more but I am still going to be satisfied with a split.

However, I would say that if UND wins Saturday then Sunday will be an absolute war, neither side wins by a few.

Just my opinion, I don't actually know anything at all.
              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

I saw in UND's press conference that Idalski said that Karvinen has been skating and is looking good. Will be a game time decision.

Comment

Originally posted by yungblud View Post
                  I saw in UND's press conference that Idalski said that Karvinen has been skating and is looking good. Will be a game time decision.
                  Hmmm...I'll bet she plays.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

If any team can beat MN this season, it will be UND, but the Lams will have to play hockey rather than taking bad penalties. (Referring to Sunday's game).

The above, coupled with a well executed game plan, above average goaltending, and a little pick luck, can maybe , only maybe, snatch a W from MN.

Comment

Pretty big series coming up per national implications wouldn't ya say?
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Huge! UND can take this series... Howe will be tough, but I suspect UND will play to the expected potential this weekend. Lams! Stay out of the box!

Comment

Originally posted by Fever View Post
                          Huge! UND can take this series... Howe will be tough, but I suspect UND will play to the expected potential this weekend. Lams! Stay out of the box!
                          Yes...the exploits of Mo and Jo will be big...ah...on ice pts. producing exploits that is. They didn't do too much vs. Minnesota...and I've never seen a very prolonged dry spell by them so... Yeah, they need to be better disciplined especially if they get behind.

Some commentary after last weekend's series and related to Minnesota goals highlight reel also touch on a pertinent matter from the UND point of view. Which is to say they could benefit from an increase in stinginess in goal. Nothing soft.

They need Karvinen back too. They'd definitely have a couple potent lines with her in the lineup.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Yes with the BU loss tonight and a Clarky win or two, the Knights would vault into 3rd in the rankings.

More seriously....This should be a fantastic set of games. Both teams have some great players. Anyone in the WCHA district that has a chance to go and watch should do so, specially if you have never seen Rattray or Ambrose play live before.

Comment

Should be a great series and another chance to see how the WCHA as a whole (minus MN) and the top tier of eastern teams line up. UND needs the wins for PW and we could see a lot of scoring this weekend. Note the early game time on Friday (2:00).

Comment

Working...
                              X