X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 Division I Commitments

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    Current official rules:
    - Coach can initiate mail/e-mail contact at start of Junior year (September X)
    - Coach can initiate phone contact early July before Senior year - date moves a little it seems
    - Player can initiate contact almost any time but coach can't e-mail or call back before the above dates

Players who are clearly college level typically do unofficial visits in their junior year and/or summer before senior year (true at both Division 1 and Division 3 schools) and then official visit(s) in Fall of senior year.
    Good to have these. Thanks.

Comment

The good players are being asked to call the coaches (message gets passed through team coaching staff) and when they call the school, they are invited to come on campus for an unofficial visit. Once on campus, they can get an offer at any time/any age. That's not going to change anytime. It happens in pretty much every sport and very prevalent in LAX and soccer.

Comment

Player....................Position ...............(Current Team) .......................Hometown

(Based on reliable info, but to paraphrase Yogi, "It ain't official 'til it's official.")
        * Denotes commitments are official, as announced by the school

Bemidji State

Boston College

Boston University

Brown

Clarkson

Colgate

Connecticut

Cornell

Dartmouth

Harvard

Lindenwood

Maine

Mercyhurst

Minnesota

Minnesota State

New Hampshire

North Dakota

Northeastern
        Maddie Hartman .................D ......................................(CYA) .......................................Deer Park, IL

Ohio State
        Mikalea Gardner .................D. ...............................(Chicago Fury) ...................................Plainfield, IL

Penn State

Princeton

Providence

Quinnipiac

Rochester

Robert Morris

Rensselaer

St. Cloud State

St. Lawrence

Syracuse

Union

Vermont

Wisconsin
        Audrey Warner ...................F .................................(Ohio Flames) ...............................Cleveland, OH

Yale
        Emma Vlasic ......................F ......................................(CYA) .......................................Wilmette, IL

U.S. 4: Illinois 3, Ohio 1

Canada:
        Last edited by Hux; 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
          Current official rules:
          - Coach can initiate mail/e-mail contact at start of Junior year (September X)
          - Coach can initiate phone contact early July before Senior year - date moves a little it seems
          - Player can initiate contact almost any time but coach can't e-mail or call back before the above dates

Players who are clearly college level typically do unofficial visits in their junior year and/or summer before senior year (true at both Division 1 and Division 3 schools) and then official visit(s) in Fall of senior year.

These are for the US players. Canadian players have different rules that allow the coaches to contact THEM EARLIER.

Again , Americans getting the short end of the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUBTEAMS View Post
            These are for the US players. Canadian players have different rules that allow the coaches to contact THEM EARLIER.

NCAA rules are the same for everyone,

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
              NCAA rules are the same for everyone,
              Technically, I believe NCAA coaches can place one phone call to international prospects a year earlier - July 7-31 following sophomore year.

I'm not sure it matters that much as coaches can figure out how they can get US recruits to call them as well if they really want.

Comment

International students can be contacted for a one week period (I believe) in August of their junior year. Other then that the same rules apply. Canadians also have, typically, a lot more real estate to cover to make one of those "unofficial visits". That being said, the interest has probably already been communicated.
                ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

I agree with North East Dad.

Comment

We're looking for 2016-2017 now?

Hux...are you glad you assumed the task yet?
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      I think that was T.I.C.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        I think that was T.I.C.
                        Yes...as was my remark. Guess I'm no TTT.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by North East DAD
                          When are you going to start working on the 2017 Thread?
                          Originally posted by Dr. Seuss Fan View Post
                          I agree with North East Dad.
                          Originally posted by brookyone View Post

Hux...are you glad you assumed the task yet?
                          Yeah, the tough part is keeping track of which year you are actually working in, particularly in the late spring. It has been a lot easier now that the majority of the commitments are being posted in the thread already formatted, and all I need do is cut and paste. Making the new additions BOLD was a great suggestion, and one I should have caught onto sooner.

I'm sure we could probably have a thread for 2017 and have a commitment or two. Let's face it, there are talented players who know exactly where they want to go and there are coaches who have an eye on them. At this point I don't see going further than sophs though.

Comment

It might be useful to make the threads "sticky"at the top of the list until the class enters school. This way people wouldn't post in the wrong thread, and it would be easy to find them.

Comment

So there are different rules for international athletes.

Not the same. Clearly

Comment

So there are different rules for international athletes.

Not the same. Clearly
                                There are different rules for International athletes presumably for every sport, not just hockey. Canadians are considered International in the NCAA's mind and because of our proximity and our talents in the sport of hockey, I guess it can be considered an advantage. My guess would be that in reality, there really are no barriers to communication as evidenced by comittments already being announced for 2015/2016, hence this thread. Also, if you note, all of the early, early announcements are from Americans, not Canadians in both this thread and the 2014/2015 Comittment threads. So I would guess, no real advantage after all.
                                Last edited by Cali; 12-10-2012, 09:09 PM.
                                ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Working...
                                X