X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Nice call d!ckhead.
    Glad to see I got under your skin enough for you to think of my post....puss nut.

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
      Is this guy Morgan? Or Bobo?
      The truest sign of a troll...he refuses to answer what team he roots for.

Comment

I dont think we have much of a chance of beating BC if we are not allowed to hit them. I mean come on this is MENS hockey.
        So many solid hits were called penalties is almost like the refs/HE doesnt want anyone to hurt BC's chance at another NCAA title.
        Why not give them a bunch of quarterback red pinnies like they do in practices to tell you who you cant hit.

Its so funny how a guy can skate thru 3 players one minute and the next he cant stay on his feet if he gets the smallest contact.

#13 looked to be a little hurt after the 7th goal, what the hell is he doing on the ice up 4 goals with 3 minutes to go? Stat padding
        on a 3rd string goalie is more important than staying healthy I quess. They should be glad hes ok. What I wouldnt pay to have Justin
        Martin back for one shift.
        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Cat lover, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. in conference play, bc is tied with your beloved cats for FEWEST pp opportunities.

And this isn't pee wee hockey. Rather than complain about gaudreau torching you, get mad at your team for not being able to stop him.

Comment

Just wanted to thank UVM Cat in Texas for giving us a heads up on the free stream. Wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Cat lover, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. in conference play, bc is tied with your beloved cats for FEWEST pp opportunities.

And this isn't pee wee hockey. Rather than complain about gaudreau torching you, get mad at your team for not being able to stop him.
              What does PP opportunities for a whole season have to do with one weekend? Talk about no clue.

And your right it isnt pee-wee hockey but the refs are calling it that way for BC so I'm glad you agree.

I will admit no doubt BC is more talented which makes them want to get in PP compititions because
              it allows them to use their best strength. All I am saying it make calls deserved and stop penalizing
              good hits just because one team is afraid of contact.

To put it a way Boston fans can understand. Watching your players flopping reminds me of watching Montreal
              play.....yes its that bad.
              Last edited by Cat lover; 03-10-2013, 06:24 PM.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                What does PP opportunities for a whole season have to do with one weekend? Talk about no clue.

And your right it isnt pee-wee hockey but the refs are calling it that way for BC so I'm glad you agree.

I will admit no doubt BC is more talented which makes them want to get in PP compititions because
                it allows them to use their best strength. All I am saying it make calls deserved and stop penalizing
                good hits just because one team is afraid of contact.
                Yes, blame the refs. It has nothing to do with the fact that UVM is not a good hockey team.
                National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Your direct quote:

"So many solid hits were called penalties is almost like the refs/HE doesnt want anyone to hurt BC's chance at another NCAA title."

You didn't say just this one weekend against UVM. And even in your latest post..."the refs are calling it that way for BC". No, they aren't. They may have called it like that for BC this past weekend, but they haven't been calling it like that all year.

Sure, BC wants PP chances, but they don't want to get into a special teams battle all game long. They don't go out there looking to commit penalties.

Comment

Watching BC players flop? You must be referring to BU. Flopping hasn't been an issue with BC, so stop crying. Finally, if a team truly is "afraid" of contact, that has absolutely no bearing on what's a penalty and what isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Just wanted to thank UVM Cat in Texas for giving us a heads up on the free stream. Wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
                      No problem. Glad you took advantage of it and were able to watch your team.

Comment

In regard to the officiating, I thought there were a couple of very questionable calls that went BC's way on Friday. I really didn't have any issues with the officiating on Saturday--I just thought UVM played a really stupid game. I must confess, however, that I didn't see the whole game, as once BC got up 4-0, that was enough for me. What I found much more disturbing than the officiating was the way the game exposed the gulf that still exists between UVM and elite teams like BC. I mean, Gaudreau racks up 6 points in a single game? Really??? It typically takes one of our top players about 10 games to do that. So the game left me wondering if we'll ever be able to attract a player like that. You may not remember, but Gaudreau did a campus visit at UVM immediately before deciding on BC. Even with family ties to Vermont through his father, we still couldn't land him. Without the family ties, I doubt he would have even visited. So the game left me wondering if that will ever change. And, if not, will we ever really be able to compete with BC and other elite teams year in and year out, or will we be relegated to mediocrity, with only very occasional magical seasons like a few years ago. I've been a fan of UVM hockey for more than 25 years. Hopefully, I've got at least another 25 years of life, and would like nothing more than to see UVM win a national championship. So yeah, more than anything, last night's game was just depressing, and that had nothing to do with the officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                          Yes, blame the refs. It has nothing to do with the fact that UVM is not a good hockey team.
                          Boston College is not a very good hockey team this year either. Hockey East is having a down year.

Comment

BC is good this year, certainly above average. They just aren't great as in years past. UVM? Well, you don't suck as much as you have the past couple years.

Comment

BC simply embarrassed the Cats Saturday. That said, the officiating was terrible. I'm going to start skipping whatever games Gravellese and Hansen ref. The call on Brickley for his love tap after the whistle was unbelievable and the look on Hansen's face as he sent him to the box said he had something stuck up his ***. Those two yahoo's havn't called a decent game all season. If there is a big hit there has to be a penalty, it's like they have never seen a guy just make a good clean hard hit.

Regardless, with or without the penalties that wasn't a game a UVM was going to win. They just weren't competing before the whistles started blowing. They stand little chance of winning the series, however 3 years ago they stood little chance of beating UNH (1 v. 8) and Madore pitched back to back shutouts.
                              Originally posted by Hokydad
                              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Nevermind back-to-back, the fact Madore pitched any shutout is astounding

But then again, it was against UNH in March. Hoffman doesn't seem like the steal a game type goalie (at least from what I've seen of him).

One thing we can all agree on...the officiating in this league sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X