Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
    Many of the calls hurt us. Many, not all, were deserved. I disagree with the one person who said Brickley's charge was bogus. It was a charge. He skated straight from the blue line and clobbered the UML player. He knew it too as he went immediately to the box.
    He clobbered the UML player I will agree with that. He did come from the blue line, I agree with that. Was he skating prior to the hit... that I will disagree with. He had stopped taking strides well before the hit. My seats have a good view of the hit, it was clean. Secondly, it isn't one person. While I made the point, Ted Ryan has also weighed in on that hit.

"While a couple of the 23 UVM penalties called by referees Kevin Keenan and Jack Millea this weekend might reasonably be debated — One dispute: the offensive zone charging call against Connor Brickley on Friday; no strides at end, just a clean, big hit;"

The fact that he skated straight to the penalty box does not imply guilt, it was clear the penalty was on him, and it's not his job to protest. Why argue if it won't do any good?

Regardless, games over. The team was hurt by penalties, some were deserved and some were not. That happens in every game, this weekend was particularly bad. Either way, they need to score more goals and give up fewer. That's the bottom line.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Some good news for you ... Drew Best (a rookie for Surrey in the BCHL) has committed to UVM for '15. He's a '94 birthdate, from Michigan, and has a 12-19-31 line in 37 games.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Some good news for you ... Drew Best (a rookie for Surrey in the BCHL) has committed to UVM for '15. He's a '94 birthdate, from Michigan, and has a 12-19-31 line in 37 games.
        Drew is a very good player. Played on the USA cyclones back in the day. Good get for UVM

Comment

Full Recruit List:
          Thomas Forgione(2013) 11-11-22
          Brendan Bradley(2013) 8-45-53
          Rob Hamilton(2013) 2-17-19
          Mario Puskarich(2013) 27-27-54
          Malcolm Mckinney(2013) 3-2-5
          Michael Santaguida(2013)
          Brad Ryan(2013)

Connor Anthoine(2013-2014)
          Ian Spencer(2013-2014)
          Anthony Petruzzeli(2014)
          Travis Blanleil(2014)
          Dylan Plitt(2014-2015)
          Drew Best(2015)

Comment

So begins our free fall through the HE standings. Tied for the last playoff spot with Northeastern and everyone having one or two games in hand on us. With the killer final 3 weeks of our season, more likely than not, we're gonna be left out in the cold again come playoff time. I could really care less about the game tonight. I predict we'll win and then hear stuff from Sneddon like "We need to play with that intensity every week" or "If we carry that over to HE opponents, we'll be okay." Never mind that you're playing a freakin glorified club team! (No disrespect to PSU, you'll be better than us shortly). In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a wee bit discouraged.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              So begins our free fall through the HE standings. Tied for the last playoff spot with Northeastern and everyone having one or two games in hand on us. With the killer final 3 weeks of our season, more likely than not, we're gonna be left out in the cold again come playoff time. I could really care less about the game tonight. I predict we'll win and then hear stuff from Sneddon like "We need to play with that intensity every week" or "If we carry that over to HE opponents, we'll be okay." Never mind that you're playing a freakin glorified club team! (No disrespect to PSU, you'll be better than us shortly). In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a wee bit discouraged.
              Yes anything but a sweep next weekend is game over for this team this year. Playing not to lose is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                Never mind that you're playing a freakin glorified club team! (No disrespect to PSU, you'll be better than us shortly)
                Appears they already are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                  Appears they already are.
                  Embarrassing loss for the cats. I am at a loss. Something has to change.

Comment

You for all the fans that claim they are embarrassed that they lost to PSU take a step back and see that PSU is not a bad team.

They lack a little blue line depth and they aren't overly gifted offensively. They are tenacious. Godowsky has a team that plays very hard. They forecheck and throw pucks at the net. You couple that with decent and improving goaltending and that puts in every game with a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Still in State College View Post
                      You for all the fans that claim they are embarrassed that they lost to PSU take a step back and see that PSU is not a bad team.

They lack a little blue line depth and they aren't overly gifted offensively. They are tenacious. Godowsky has a team that plays very hard. They forecheck and throw pucks at the net. You couple that with decent and improving goaltending and that puts in every game with a chance to win.
                      I didn't see the game or listen to it, but you guys clearly deserved to win. Godowsky does seem like a good coach, which can make all the difference. Good win for your program, but I wouldn't get too jacked up, as we're truly a pretty lousy team.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                        I didn't see the game or listen to it, ...
                        Me neither, ComcastSports apparently decide re-running the bullls-celtics squeaky ball games was better entertainment then the UVM game.

Good call Comcast, thanks for sparing me the pain of watching...
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Not jacked up at all just stating that PSU isn't a walk over that opposing fans should look at as an embarrassing loss.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                            Embarrassing loss for the cats. I am at a loss. Something has to change.
                            That something is Sneddon. He's gotta go! Thus far, I've been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's now crystal clear that he's unable to turn things around. Our recruiting has not been bad and we do have talented players. Talent wise, I think we match up with all but the elite teams in HE (i.e., BC, BU, UNH). Are we really less talented than teams like Lowell, Amherst, Merrimack, Providence? With all due respect to those teams, I don't think so. Almost every other team in college hockey, even the bad ones, seem able to at least score goals and have some semblance of offensive productivity. For us, it's a problem year after year, after year, after year. And how can the team be so utterly unprepared to compete against a team like Penn State? A team that's in their first year of existence? I don't mind losing games so much--it's a long season and losses are going to happen--but at least show up prepared to play hockey!

Players change, but the one thing that's remained the same in the continuing debacle that is UVM hockey, is Sneddon. Add the bizarre things that have happened with our program in addition to the losing (players being dismissed, players leaving, the coach and university being sued, etc.) and it's clear in my mind that Sneddon's gotta go. I don't wish him any ill will--he seems like a nice enough guy and can probably get his coaching mojo back somewhere else, but sometimes change just for the sake of change is a good thing. Look how it helped Lowell by switching from McDonald to Bazin. Sneddon's gotta go, and the sooner the better!

Comment

Originally posted by Still in State College View Post
                              Not jacked up at all just stating that PSU isn't a walk over that opposing fans should look at as an embarrassing loss.
                              I clearly didn't think it was going to be a walkover, especially how we've been playing, but it is an embarrassing loss. The fact that you guys are in your first season makes it embarrassing. There's just no way around that. Totally embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                                That something is Sneddon. He's gotta go! Thus far, I've been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's now crystal clear that he's unable to turn things around. Our recruiting has not been bad and we do have talented players. Talent wise, I think we match up with all but the elite teams in HE (i.e., BC, BU, UNH). Are we really less talented than teams like Lowell, Amherst, Merrimack, Providence? With all due respect to those teams, I don't think so. Almost every other team in college hockey, even the bad ones, seem able to at least score goals and have some semblance of offensive productivity. For us, it's a problem year after year, after year, after year. And how can the team be so utterly unprepared to compete against a team like Penn State? A team that's in their first year of existence? I don't mind losing games so much--it's a long season and losses are going to happen--but at least show up prepared to play hockey!

Players change, but the one thing that's remained the same in the continuing debacle that is UVM hockey, is Sneddon. Add the bizarre things that have happened with our program in addition to the losing (players being dismissed, players leaving, the coach and university being sued, etc.) and it's clear in my mind that Sneddon's gotta go. I don't wish him any ill will--he seems like a nice enough guy and can probably get his coaching mojo back somewhere else, but sometimes change just for the sake of change is a good thing. Look how it helped Lowell by switching from McDonald to Bazin. Sneddon's gotta go, and the sooner the better!
                                my biggest complaint is that other teams get better during the season and we don't. I think the staff has lost touch, played favorites, held kids to different standards and as a result don't play as a team. The ultra focus on defense and crazy detailed metrics such as the hits he is always talking about have taken away risk taking and creativity and as a result there is no offense. Look at the stats they don't lie.

Comment

Working...
                                X