Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    New thread without reference to a certain hockey player who decided to pass on an incredible UVM hockey experience. Still a lot to look forward to this season, as evidenced by the somewhat optimistic thread title. So....how bout we talk some UVM hockey?!?
    Not sure he would have helped much. Of all the forwards who have played 30 games he is dead last in points/goals:
    Name Pos GP G A Pts PIM +/-
    28 Zemgus Girgensons C 31 3 6 9 14 -1

Sneddon would have found a way to cut that offensive ability in half.

Yet another wasted season. This is just getting old..........

Comment

Maybe the ECAC will take us back.

Comment

Originally posted by ransarge2000 View Post
        Maybe the ECAC will take us back.
        I'm not sure that would be enough....
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          I'm not sure that would be enough....
          Well at 3-1, ECAC teams seem to be about the only ones we can beat.

Comment

I don't know how y'all feel, but I can't think of a compelling reason not to give Faust his first start against Penn St. on Saturday. This game is about as close to meaningless as a game can be. It's a non-league game and it's not like we have to worry about how a loss will affect our chances of getting an NCAA tourney berth. Give Faust the start and see what he can do under game conditions. It's not fair to judge him solely on how he looks in practice or in mop-up duty for Hoffman. What is there to lose?

Comment

Strange video on the UVM site from the school, says multi-purpose venue is a hi priority and even shows
              some computer shots of possible designs but doesnt give any time table. Not sure what to make of it.

A far as the weekend goes, maybe I saw a different set of games but to me we outplayed them for the last
              5 periods and only the 2 zebras saved UML. That call of stopping us from getting out of the penalty box
              which even thou they figured it out they still put the faceoff back in the zone when it was about to be cleared.
              The puck never left the zone before the goal.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                Strange video on the UVM site from the school, says multi-purpose venue is a hi priority and even shows
                some computer shots of possible designs but doesnt give any time table. Not sure what to make of it.

A far as the weekend goes, maybe I saw a different set of games but to me we outplayed them for the last
                5 periods and only the 2 zebras saved UML. That call of stopping us from getting out of the penalty box
                which even thou they figured it out they still put the faceoff back in the zone when it was about to be cleared.
                The blame the officials gag never gets old. Yes, THAT'S why you got swept at home. The officials. Not the superior roster or the better coaching or the smothering PK by Lowell. Pathetic. Get comfortable in the basement, it's going to be a long stay.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                  The blame the officials gag never gets old. Yes, THAT'S why you got swept at home. The officials. Not the superior roster or the better coaching or the smothering PK by Lowell. Pathetic. Get comfortable in the basement, it's going to be a long stay.
                  You should know Pat you guys never stopped crying after losing at the Garden if you recall....oh yea you never remember anything. Your superior team
                  got outplayed and outscored by this basement team 5 on 5, good luck beating the top teams which you have NOT done. And after this weekend I see
                  why. Maybe if they bring the moron twins with them you have a chance.
                  Last edited by Cat lover; 01-15-2013, 05:26 AM.

Comment

There may be a sliver of truth to the notion that we outplayed UML at times, but I'm so tired of having to say "We played pretty well, but......" The fact is, good teams like Lowell find a way to win. Bad teams like us find a way to lose. Good teams get the benefit of calls, bad teams don't. UML deserved to win, we did not. We need to start putting the puck in the net with more frequency and WIN games. As Al Davis said, "Just win baby!"

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      The blame the officials gag never gets old. Yes, THAT'S why you got swept at home. The officials. Not the superior roster or the better coaching or the smothering PK by Lowell.
                      Whoa, for a moment there I thought UMLGoon had come out of hiding. No, the refs aren't the reason that UVM got swept at home, but they certainly influenced the game. And there were some terrible calls... UVM may have still been swept, the officiating just ensured it.

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      There may be a sliver of truth to the notion that we outplayed UML at times, but I'm so tired of having to say "We played pretty well, but......" The fact is, good teams like Lowell find a way to win. Bad teams like us find a way to lose. Good teams get the benefit of calls, bad teams don't. UML deserved to win, we did not. We need to start putting the puck in the net with more frequency and WIN games. As Al Davis said, "Just win baby!"
                      I'm going to disagree to some extent. We did out play them for the majority of the games, and I too am sick of having to take consolation in that. Outplaying a team means nothing unless you can keep them from scoring and actually put the puck in the net. This team struggles with those too aspects. That said, I disagree that Lowell is a good team and that they deserved to win. Unfortunately several of UML goals were weak, it was not so much they deserved to win, as that UVM did not deserve to win.

As for Faust getting a start, I don't see where it hurts, although I don't see where it helps either. Possibly in giving Hoffman and the team a bit of a wake up call... but if that's the goal I would say start Vazzano. He's been here for 5 years without any playing time, he only has a few more games, give him the playing time. He has earned it.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        That call of stopping us from getting out of the penalty box
                        Even if the wrong player was released from the box, the face-off should have been at center ice ([off-ice] official's error).

Many of the calls hurt us. Many, not all, were deserved. I disagree with the one person who said Brickley's charge was bogus. It was a charge. He skated straight from the blue line and clobbered the UML player. He knew it too as he went immediately to the box.

We do play well in spurts and can clearly play with the best - it just isn't consistent. It is so disheartening.

And it still ticks me off that those of us with seasons tickets support the team at $20 a seat and others get in for $15. It is all about money.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
                          Even if the wrong player was released from the box, the face-off should have been at center ice ([off-ice] official's error).

Many of the calls hurt us. Many, not all, were deserved. I disagree with the one person who said Brickley's charge was bogus. It was a charge. He skated straight from the blue line and clobbered the UML player. He knew it too as he went immediately to the box.

We do play well in spurts and can clearly play with the best - it just isn't consistent. It is so disheartening.

And it still ticks me off that those of us with seasons tickets support the team at $20 a seat and others get in for $15. It is all about money.
                          Maybe he should worry more about scoring goals than big hits or a "hit quota"? Thoughts?

Comment

Anyone see the Video on the UVM website about the future plans for a rink. Strange to put that out but not give alot of info.

http://uvmathletics.com/

Pick video titled " A Message from the University of Vermont Fondation"

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                              Anyone see the Video on the UVM website about the future plans for a rink. Strange to put that out but not give alot of info.

http://uvmathletics.com/

Pick video titled " A Message from the University of Vermont Fondation"
                              Not sure my work computer allows me to watch "Fondation" videos...
                              Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
                                If you don't mind my chiming in, I agree with you. I understand why programs do this, but for example I'm paying for my ticket as a STH this Thursday night against Providence, but they're giving away free or $3 tickets to get people in for the TV game.

A bit frustrating.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X