Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Wow, from the same article -- Girgensons has 1 goal and only 4 points in 16 minor league games. That's what he passed UVM up for??? Perhaps a year or two of college hockey wouldn't have been such a bad thing.....
    I also wonder what the other guys who left early or didnt come think right about now.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Odd there is no goalie recruit. Vazanno's gone after this season...
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        They have been known to get goalie recruits much later than forwards and Defensemen. I think its partly
        due to recruits wanting to go where they think there will be playing time and you cant tell for sure about
        that till later in the season so they wait to commit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          The third goalie will likely be a walk on. Unless Faust gets disgruntled then don't expect a recruited goalie. Also, I think Faust should get the nod tonight, then part of me says Hoff should so he wasn't off too long before Providence. that game will be huge, first completion of a season series against an opponent and with a win we win the series.

Comment

Well thats a interesting way to win a game...get outshot 41-19. Kinda reverse of the Dartmouth game.

And for the first time in years a non losing extended roadtrip, at 2-1-1 with 1 game to go.

Reynolds gets 3 points tonight...hope its his breakthru game they need him to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              Reynolds gets 3 points tonight...hope its his breakthru game they need him to contribute.
              Hopefully this gets the monkey off his back and he gets his scoring touch back. This team needs him to put some pucks in the net.

Nice game for Hoffman too. But more importantly for the offense with nearly everyone getting in on the scoring. It's about time they gave Hoffman some breathing room.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Hopefully this gets the monkey off his back and he gets his scoring touch back. This team needs him to put some pucks in the net.

Nice game for Hoffman too. But more importantly for the offense with nearly everyone getting in on the scoring. It's about time they gave Hoffman some breathing room.
                Great win for the Cats! Yes I agree long overdue for Reynolds. Hopefully he will keep it going. What happened to Franzon?

Comment

Pretty slow on here considering it's game day against a team we have already split with and whom is without their starting goalie.

Go CATS Go

The tie breaker very well could be HUGE in determining playoff seeding this year.

This is a MUST HAVE game.

Comment

I'm thinking the Cats are overmatched in this game without Brickley and Markison playing.

I would like to be wrong though

Comment

Nice tie by the Cats last night, especially coming back from 2 goals down in the 3rd period. And they're finally starting to score some goals, which is very exciting and should help them collect some points in the second half. I haven't had an opportunity to watch a lot of games this season, but it seems to me that McCarthy and Fallon are just all over the ice every game! I'd have to give McCarthy the nod for team MVP, with Fallon a close second. After a somewhat slow start, Reynolds has also been very good recently even though he doesn't have a lot to show for it on the scoring sheet. Dare I say it.....seems like the Cats might finally be getting their act together.

Comment

I wish the game went longer as Vermont was really in control in the last 10 minutes.

Reynolds made a great steal and pass to set up the tying goal.

Nice road trip 2-1-2 and 15 goals(3 per average) while not amazing its definately an improvment.

Comment

A points a point, unfortunately it's not good enough for the tiebreaker ;(

Comment

9 goals in two games? What's got into this team?

Nice to see some offense for a change, hopefully it's not a fluke and something the team can build on. Reynolds seems key to the Cats offensive production.

Comment

Wow take a look at the last 6 games of the season!
                              New Hampshire
                              New Hampshire
                              @Boston U
                              @Boston U
                              Boston C
                              Boston C

that's brutal- could be a pointless stretch.
                              Last edited by bogi; 12-21-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bogi View Post
                                Wow take a look at the last 6 weeks of the season!
                                New Hampshire
                                New Hampshire
                                @Boston U
                                @Boston U
                                Boston C
                                Boston C

that's brutal- could be a pointless stretch.
                                Ummm.....that would be 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X