Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
    My guess is a healthy scratch. On the ice for 4 of 5 goals on Friday and 7 of the last 8 five on five goals. Off to a rough start.
    Makes sense, didn't know if anybody heard anything specific. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
      Game management has to do with standing behind the bench, knowing your team, which means knowing what each player is capable of. You really have to be in tune to your personnel. You can throw off your team if you continue to match lines instead of rolling four lines and getting everyone involved. In today's game, it is not so much about matching lines. It is more about matching your D pairings to the opponents lines. The more you try to match the opposition, the more you take your team out of what they need to do and what your game plan might be. I support Coach Sneddon in that he is less worried about matching lines, and he is concentrating on his team. Let the opposition match lines.

However, if the opposition is trying to shut down one of your top lines and you recognize that, having the last change is definitely an advantage.
      You don't match lines, you know your team and put the best matchup out. Just putting out the next line isn't coaching at the D1 level, its coaching at the Mite level. I am sorry, if MN is putting out its top line you don't roll out a fourth line that has two or three guys in the lineup that weren't in the linup the day before. If you do that it's advantage MN.

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
        Just putting out the next line isn't coaching at the D1 level, its coaching at the Mite level. I am sorry, if MN is putting out its top line you don't roll out a fourth line that has two or three guys in the lineup that weren't in the linup the day before. If you do that it's advantage MN.
        No, and yes! I have seen many coaches with team depth roll 4 lines, so it does depend on team depth, and they were not coaching Mites!!!!

As the game progresses and you have last change, you can switch it up if you don't like a particular match up.

If you read the last line of my previous post, it goes the other way too if the opposition puts out it's top line, why would you put out your fourth, unless you have a deep team and your fourth line is your shut down line. On offensive zone draws, if the opposition puts out its fourth line and you have last change, counter with your first.
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Not sure if this is old news, but UVM has picked up a commitment from '92 forward Brendan Bradley, currently playing for the Jersey Hitmen (EJHL). He's the leading point-getter in the EJHL, with a 6-30-36 in 21 games.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Not sure if this is old news, but UVM has picked up a commitment from '92 forward Brendan Bradley, currently playing for the Jersey Hitmen (EJHL). He's the leading point-getter in the EJHL, with a 6-30-36 in 21 games.
            Thanks for the link UMLFan. The Cats can certainly use someone who "scores at an alarming pace." And he says he can't wait to get to Burlington and help us win a HE championship. Gotta love that attitude!

The Jersey Hitmen. Love that name -- how appropriate!

Comment

From the Brendan Bradley Link

"everything that coach has said, has come true. He told me that I would be exposed to all the top eastern schools. He told me that I would be an integral part of this 'high powered' offensive core"

If he got this kid to believe this I wonder if Sneddon can sell some of my swamp land in Florida?
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                From the Brendan Bradley Link

"everything that coach has said, has come true. He told me that I would be exposed to all the top eastern schools. He told me that I would be an integral part of this 'high powered' offensive core"

If he got this kid to believe this I wonder if Sneddon can sell some of my swamp land in Florida?
                That caught my attention too, but the "coach" that he's referring to is his current coach with the Jersey Hitmen, not Coach Sneddon. Thus, the thing about being exposed to all the top eastern schools refers to his selection of UVM; the thing about being part of "this high powered offensive core" refers to his time with the Hitmen -- i.e., being part of "THIS" high powered offense.
                Last edited by UVM Cat in Texas; 11-30-2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Is this a complete list of our recruiting commits?
                  Thomas Forgione(2013)
                  Brendan Bradley(2013)
                  Rob Hamilton(2013)
                  Mario Puskarich(2013)
                  Malcolm Mckinney(2013)
                  Connor Anthoine(2013-2014)
                  Ian Spencer(2013-2014)
                  Brad Ryan(2013-2014)
                  Anthony Petruzzeli(2014)
                  Travis Blanleil(2014)
                  Dylan Plitt(2014-2015)

Comment

Wow, that goal reversal because of Diamond being in the crease, is the first bit of good luck for the Cats in a long, long time. Go Cats Go. Let's get 2 more points tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Wow, that goal reversal because of Diamond being in the crease, is the first bit of good luck for the Cats in a long, long time. Go Cats Go. Let's get 2 more points tomorrow!
                      I wholeheartedly agree. We need some luck as we have had more than our share of bad luck. Wish tonight's game was on tv.

Comment

Nice job getting the win. The 2nd goal was a great shot, the 1st goal was the type of goal this team needs to be working for. Broken play, Pattyn throws one at the net and it goes in.

That said, disappointingly the highlights on the HE website fail to show the disallowed goal. The Maine fans feel it was a terrible call, it's too bad they aren't showing it. Has to be tough to lose a tying goal with 6 seconds remaining in regulation
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          Nice job getting the win. The 2nd goal was a great shot, the 1st goal was the type of goal this team needs to be working for. Broken play, Pattyn throws one at the net and it goes in.

That said, disappointingly the highlights on the HE website fail to show the disallowed goal. The Maine fans feel it was a terrible call, it's too bad they aren't showing it. Has to be tough to lose a tying goal with 6 seconds remaining in regulation
                          The call was correct and it was probably the fastest review I have ever seen. Replay clearly shows he was in crease and in contact with Hoffman. Doesnt look like he
                          even knew the shot was coming as he was more focused on getting in Brodys way.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

I saw the replay of the disallowed goal somewhere. I think it may have been on the UVM athletics website. No access to a computer right now so I can't provide a link.

Comment

If the Maine fans feel that Hoffman should have been called for a penalty for hitting Diamond(he did for sure) they are
                              correct, but if there ref had called that he would have also(during the delayed penalty) had to call the spear that Diamond
                              gave to Walls just before the shot which would have made the refs blow the whistle and the goal wouldnt have counted. So either
                              way Diamonds play in front of the net would have cost Maine a goal.

Also the Cats just tied last years league win total and for now are in 5th place(games in hand on some teams) and only 2 points
                              out of 4th. As I say this I can only think of the last 3 league weekends versus UNH/BU/BC and I come back down to earth.
                              Last edited by Cat lover; 12-01-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

Maine fans? It was the right call, what was terrible was the buttend Joey took in the face mask before the shot(not to mention about 3 other stick penalties that could/should have been called
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X