Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Re: Vermont Hockey: Taking No Prisoners In 2012-2013

Not a great game by the Cats especially by Hoffman IMO. Having given up 2 goals on 7 shots I think it's time to see Faust. Hoffman's big, these shots through a screen are poor positioning on his part. Sure he can't see the puck coming, so get into a position to fill the net, that's the advantage of being bigger then normal and the trade off for not being quite so quick and agile.

Secondly, this team needs to find a way to score. Time for Sneddon to start begging a few UVM alumni that are currently unemployed to try and get any type of offense going. I like Reynolds a lot, but he can't stop with the puck everytime he enters the zone... it's past to predictable to a for gone conclusion at this point. He is more skilled then that, drive to the net. The rest of them as well, skating into the top of the circles one on one and firing a shot clearly isn't working, how about trying to skate in on the goal a bit further, try a move or something. Seems to be a real serious lack of offensive creativity going on.

Thirdly, I don't think I can take hearing Sneddon say that "we didn't capitalize on our opportunities while the other team did" again. A.) it's not accurate and B.) it seems to be unfixable.

On the positive side :

Pattyn had a nice game and looks to be a player that will develop into a great player. The Cats did out skate the 10th ranked team in the nation for much of the game. The first period was great to watch. The Cats skated well and had good puck possession for large stretches, they just need to find a way to score.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    ...you know on the road where UML is winless against conference opponents in the top 16 of the PWR...
    Your reading comprehension skills are whats getting in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Apparently, I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem. Lowell won at Michigan

Not a great game by the Cats especially by Hoffman IMO. Having given up 2 goals on 7 shots I think it's time to see Faust. Hoffman's big, these shots through a screen are poor positioning on his part. Sure he can't see the puck coming, so get into a position to fill the net, that's the advantage of being bigger then normal and the trade off for not being quite so quick and agile.

Secondly, this team needs to find a way to score. Time for Sneddon to start begging a few UVM alumni that are currently unemployed to try and get any type of offense going. I like Reynolds a lot, but he can't stop with the puck everytime he enters the zone... it's past to predictable to a for gone conclusion at this point. He is more skilled then that, drive to the net. The rest of them as well, skating into the top of the circles one on one and firing a shot clearly isn't working, how about trying to skate in on the goal a bit further, try a move or something. Seems to be a real serious lack of offensive creativity going on.

Thirdly, I don't think I can take hearing Sneddon say that "we didn't capitalize on our opportunities while the other team did" again. A.) it's not accurate and B.) it seems to be unfixable.

On the positive side :

Pattyn had a nice game and looks to be a player that will develop into a great player. The Cats did out skate the 10th ranked team in the nation for much of the game. The first period was great to watch. The Cats skated well and had good puck possession for large stretches, they just need to find a way to score.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/natteam13.php

Tougher part of schedule yet to come. Stats starting to look alot like last year other than improvement in PK due to a good goaltender. Team did not look confident last night. Hard to tell on TV but no offensive flow at all.

On the positive side :

I agree with you on Reynolds. This is the second go around with him playing with Falloon and McCarthy and he rendered them useless. Wen massar was there he wasn't cute, but they generated buzz. The 3rd period again Minnesota they were incredible. The team also needs some grit. Get to the net already. Not that hard.

Also the power play is a joke yet again. The pint man can't get a chat on net. Our shot selection reminds me of a pitcher with a slow delivery who everyone can steal on. We wind up for the shot and everyone on defense gets in position before we shoot.

Up front we need more from McCarthy in particular and Falloon. If you want to be first line players, you need to score goals. One goal every 3 or 6 games isn't cutting it for a top line player. The majority of their goals have been perimeter shots, time for some goals going to the net.

Now UVM Cat in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by catmandoo View Post
    http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/natteam13.php

Tougher part of schedule yet to come. Stats starting to look alot like last year other than improvement in PK due to a good goaltender. Team did not look confident last night. Hard to tell on TV but no offensive flow at all.
    Wow, those stats are brutal and would suggest we're even worse than we are. Regarding the offense, we hear the same thing every year: we need to shoot more, we need to get to the net more, etc., etc. Despite that talk, nothing changes. Very frustrating and more than a little baffling.

No bandwagon jumpers here

We have scored 2 goals in the last 3 games and I dont think this will change that much going forward. The teams success will come down too how few
    we give up. This team just doesnt have finishers and that wont change even if the injured return. The best way to get more goals is learning from
    Pattyn and just get in front of the net but our team is small and none of them really have the size or mindset to do this well. If we had more than 7
    defensemen I would say move one up to forward but we dont but maybe they could take Pattyn or Walls and put them in front of the goalie on the PP.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Cat lover View Post
    We have scored 2 goals in the last 3 games and I dont think this will change that much going forward. The teams success will come down too how few
    we give up. This team just doesnt have finishers and that wont change even if the injured return. The best way to get more goals is learning from
    Pattyn and just get in front of the net but our team is small and none of them really have the size or mindset to do this well. If we had more than 7
    defensemen I would say move one up to forward but we dont but maybe they could take Pattyn or Walls and put them in front of the goalie on the PP.
    Soon to be six from what I hear.

Now UVM Cat in Georgia
    Soon to be six from what I hear.
    Meaning.....?

Quote Originally Posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Meaning.....?
    Believe he is referring to defensemen.

Now UVM Cat in Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    Believe he is referring to defensemen.
    Yeah, I gathered that, but still don't understand what he's saying. He seems to suggest that we're going to be losing a defenseman. What I'd like to know is why. Is he saying someone plans to leave the program?

Yeah, I gathered that, but still don't understand what he's saying. He seems to suggest that we're going to be losing a defenseman. What I'd like to know is why. Is he saying someone plans to leave the program?
    Well that or getting booted...

I'll wait until I hear something official before getting too worked up over it.
    ...you know on the road where UML is winless against conference opponents in the top 16 of the PWR...
    Your reading comprehension skills are whats getting in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Apparently, I'm not the one with the reading comprehension problem. Lowell won at Michigan

Well that or getting booted...

I'll wait until I hear something official before getting too worked up over it.
    Never mind I had bad intel. Had heard one may be leaving for Major Junior but it was a bad rumor.

Never mind I had bad intel. Had heard one may be leaving for Major Junior but it was a bad rumor.
    Yeah Paliotta ain't leaving

No bandwagon jumpers here

Thought you might have meant Pattyn was moving to wing so they would have someone who can finish.

Nice behind the scenes video of the Dartmouth game on the UVM website

http://uvmathletics.com/index.aspx?path=
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Quote Originally Posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
    Yeah Paliotta ain't leaving

Did you hear same rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat lover View Post
    Thought you might have meant Pattyn was moving to wing so they would have someone who can finish.

Nice behind the scenes video of the Dartmouth game on the UVM website

http://uvmathletics.com/index.aspx?path=
    Thats a great idea acutally but it would be too outside the box for.....

Did you hear same rumor?
    Yup! Also last year him an Brickley were leaving. Blah blah. They struggle against men and wanna go major junior and play against boys. Wouldn't be prudent

Now UVM Cat in Georgia

Speaking of Brickley, and inside information, does anyone know when he and Markison will return to the ice? Is it imminent or are they still a ways off? It's hard enough for this team to score goals when everyone's in the lineup -- harder still when two of the better players are out.

Speaking of Brickley, and inside information, does anyone know when he and Markison will return to the ice? Is it imminent or are they still a ways off? It's hard enough for this team to score goals when everyone's in the lineup -- harder still when two of the better players are out.
    Likely after new year chance it could be catamount cup. Brickley has cast coming off and the rehab, markinson rehabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
    Likely after new year chance it could be catamount cup. Brickley has cast coming off and the rehab, markinson rehabbing.

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...ing-for-goals/

Ted Ryans latest update. Sounds like its day to day.

Now UVM Cat in Georgia

Wow, from the same article -- Girgensons has 1 goal and only 4 points in 16 minor league games. That's what he passed UVM up for??? Perhaps a year or two of college hockey wouldn't have been such a bad thing.....

Thread Information